PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is this??\!?!?!?!?!?

SIGSays
06-12-2003, 09:50 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/014-5104.html

a xvalve for $250 flat without trade in?? or is that just a pic mess up??

68magOwner
06-12-2003, 09:56 PM
hmmm, the pic is an X but the title is a Retro, judging by the price its probably a retro

AcemanPB
06-12-2003, 09:57 PM
hmmm...I know PBgear/Actionvillage is usually pretty bad about this kind of stuff. If anyone knows if this is legit then PLEASE let me know.

Xerces
06-12-2003, 10:05 PM
i would order it, if it turns out to be a retro, say that wasnt what was in the picture and see if they buy the whole threat of false advertizing claim, and threaten thim with contacting the bbb. worse comes to worse you got a brand new retro.

Hoplon
06-12-2003, 10:23 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/014-5105.html

There's the xvalve so no.

SlipknotX556
06-12-2003, 10:23 PM
One way to find out if it is legit, why not call them?

sneakyhacker420
06-12-2003, 11:24 PM
that ones a retro valve, and the one beside it for $300 flat is the x-valve

deathstalker
06-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Xerces
i would order it, if it turns out to be a retro, say that wasnt what was in the picture and see if they buy the whole threat of false advertizing claim, and threaten thim with contacting the bbb. worse comes to worse you got a brand new retro.
So many people are quick to say things like this, including the ever popular, "Sue them!" However, Action Village will simply point you to a very important part of their site - the part that says:

Typographical Errors
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, actionvillage.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Actionvillage.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, actionvillage.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge

SIGSays
06-13-2003, 06:53 AM
dman bizitches... why the hell did they update the retro valve pic... they should have just left it alone...

Star_Base_CGI
06-13-2003, 09:18 AM
After trying to order a Spyder from them. I think there a bunch of lyers and theives. I cancled my order and got one from Paintball Gateway.

They have warp feeds for $50 below MSRP.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-gun-loaders-and-accessories-loaders-warp-feed-loaders.html

LittlePaintballBoy
06-13-2003, 09:22 AM
130 for a warp??!?!?!

Xerces
06-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by deathstalker

So many people are quick to say things like this, including the ever popular, "Sue them!" However, Action Village will simply point you to a very important part of their site - the part that says:

Typographical Errors
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, actionvillage.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Actionvillage.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, actionvillage.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge

that quote says CANCEL the order, so the worst that would happen for a mistlisted item would you get your money back.

the picture is an x valve even though it says retro valve so technically thats the typo in that listing. and if the price is the typo, then they have to give you your money back. so my plan of buying it even if its a retro and then complaining still works.

sneakyhacker420
06-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
that ones a retro valve ($250), and the one beside it for $300 flat is the x-valve

listen to me, i've known AVI's crappy site for a while and i know whats what :mad:

FalconGuy016
06-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI
After trying to order a Spyder from them. I think there a bunch of lyers and theives. I cancled my order and got one from Paintball Gateway.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-gun-loaders-and-accessories-loaders-warp-feed-loaders.html

I dont think the #1 paintball store online is just a bunch of liars and theives. They dont exactly have a way to steal your money, even if they might lie about something that happened they still give your money back or honor your claim, but thats besides the point because thousands of people have been satisfied by AVI

And I've had my fair share of problems with them. They are disorganized

deathstalker
06-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Xerces

that quote says CANCEL the order, so the worst that would happen for a mistlisted item would you get your money back.

the picture is an x valve even though it says retro valve so technically thats the typo in that listing. and if the price is the typo, then they have to give you your money back. so my plan of buying it even if its a retro and then complaining still works.
I'm not sure I understand your plan. The way I understand you, you're going to order a Retro Valve because their page has a picture of an XValve. When you get your Retro, you're going to call and complain to Action Village that you were expecting an XValve because that's the picture on the site (even though the item title clearly states that it's a Retro). You then expect to get something for free or heavily discounted from AV because you complained to them or threaten to go to the Better Business Bureau?

I just don't understand what you expect to accomplish by complaining to them. That's the thing for which I need clarification from you.

Star_Base_CGI
06-13-2003, 12:34 PM
http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1743_16074636

AGD retro Valve. Uh huh. Im sure its an "Honest Mistake."

RRfireblade
06-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Doesn't matter anyway, neither is "in stock."

Jay.

Derman2k
06-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI

Paintball Online has them for 110....

Star_Base_CGI
06-14-2003, 05:16 AM
I got it from paintball gateway for $69 and used the $30 for air.

Bob01RT
06-14-2003, 05:27 AM
got a link for the warpfeed at paintball gateway?

EsPo
06-14-2003, 07:20 AM
<a href="http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=HPRAWF&variation=5CL&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=160">and youve been buying warps for 180 this entire time</a>

i think tuna does them for 110 shipped too.

Star_Base_CGI
06-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bob01RT
got a link for the warpfeed at paintball gateway?

I got the Spyder from Paintball Gateway and the Warp Feed from AGD AO.

Xerces
06-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by deathstalker

I'm not sure I understand your plan. The way I understand you, you're going to order a Retro Valve because their page has a picture of an XValve. When you get your Retro, you're going to call and complain to Action Village that you were expecting an XValve because that's the picture on the site (even though the item title clearly states that it's a Retro). You then expect to get something for free or heavily discounted from AV because you complained to them or threaten to go to the Better Business Bureau?

I just don't understand what you expect to accomplish by complaining to them. That's the thing for which I need clarification from you.

god forbid I make a thinking joke...