PDA

View Full Version : What new tank for an RT?

boozey82
06-13-2003, 09:25 AM
I have an RT with a OLD 114ci 3000psi nitro duck tank on it. The tank is so old that it is just a tank by itself and it screws into the regulator with a tank pressure gauge and a output pressure gauge. I have to take off the tank pressure gauge anytime I want to get it filled and put a fill nipple in its place. I am wanting to get a new tank and am looking for suggestions. I am thinking either a 68ci or 88ci and was looking at pure energy. But I am wanting to hear what other peoples opinions are or what they have set up on their marker. I would like to have a variable output pressure on it and would like to have 4500psi. I am pretty much ignorant as to what tanks are good, or much in the area in general since I was out of touch with the game for a couple years, and now I am coming back. For instance I am not figuring out what an ASA is or whether I would need to get one with a new tank or anything. So any advice, opinions, or suggestions would be great.

Woozer
06-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I don't know much about mags, but an asa adapter is normally mounted either on a drop forward or on the bottom of your trigger frame, and that's where u would screw in tanks that are Co2 threaded such as the PMI you were talking about. I think an adjustable tank is a good idea for a mag, so there's the new style Nitro Duck Mega Regs, the AGD Flatline tank, Max-flo's, conquest, armageddon, apacalypse, and a lot more, but the question is, how much do u want to spen on a new tank. Most high end adjustable tanks cost upwards of 300 bux, so a high output preset tank might be good if you don't want to spend more then 200 dollars.

Farnja
06-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Hey.... I'd say get a Nitro Duck 68/4500 X-stream Tank... It is adjustable output and still screws into an ASA...By the way..I bought mine for 228 after i searched around the net...sry forgot where i bought it....