PDA

View Full Version : impy, cocker, mag what to do

blakdragon21
06-13-2003, 01:23 PM
what should i get an impy, or build a cocker or mag? lets hear what you think, with details on what to put on them.

m-98
06-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Most of the replys here are going to be biased toward Mags.

ForgedSpeed
06-13-2003, 01:44 PM
I owned a cocker, owned a impulse, and just bought a mag.

Cocker was ok, but I didnt like that it was so complex.

Impulse was neat, but the stock trigger blows, and I felt like I was shooting a heavy, larger spyder with a little less kick.

Bought a mag because they are small and compact (Something I really wanted).

My .02

EDIT: But it really comes down to one thing, just like everything else in paintball: Personal Preference. Try each gun out and see what you think.

breg
06-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Orignally posted by forgedSpeed
But it really comes down to one thing, just like everything else in paintball: Personal Preference. Try each gun out and see what you think.

That is the truth.
If I was to build a Mag, I would get an X-Valve, Level 10 Bolt Kit, ULE Body, Intelliframe or ULE Trigger, and A ULE Rail. Though some of those products aren't out yet.

BajaBoy
06-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by breg

That is the truth.
If I was to build a Mag, I would get an X-Valve, Level 10 Bolt Kit, ULE Body, Intelliframe or ULE Trigger, and A ULE Rail. Though some of those products aren't out yet.

uh the xvalve comes with lx stock.

KustomKid
06-14-2003, 02:01 AM
The Impulse is the best electro you can buy for under $400 hands down. The stock triggers are MUCH better now than they were just a few years ago. And as for it feeling like a heavy Spyder, well, that's just insane. Cockers are really nice guns, when they work, but they're tempermental. I'll let the Mag Freaks tell you all about that gun. The Mag and the Impulse are both very easy to take care of with the Mag being slightly easier (IMO). It depends on your personal preference as stated before. You can't go wrong with any of them, but my opinion is 1.)Impulse 2.)Mag 3.)Cocker

ForgedSpeed
06-14-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by KustomKid
And as for it feeling like a heavy Spyder, well, that's just insane.

Once again, its just personal preference, but if you were to shoot both guns, side by side, the Impulse would be the better gun in just about every category (Weighs a little more, little taller). But for 400 dollars (200-300 more)?

My .02...

I will however agree that it is the best "True" electro for under 400. The Evil Omen (Its electronic correct?) might change this.

Hemorrhage
06-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Another question. Do you even want an electro? Do you want to build a semi custom mag, or a complete custom cocker. Do you like to tinker? Then go cocker. Want play time with limited customability but ultimate reliability? Go mag. I have a mag. It is more or less finished as far as parts. I'm gonna save up like 800 and buy a cocker with all the pneu's that I want. Just to have something to **** with. Just remember: Timing isn't as hard as everyone says it is. If you want more info on timing let me know. Friends got a pretty nice '03 vert. It pinches paint bro...

personman
06-14-2003, 02:57 PM
It really is personal preferance.
I would take a stock mag over a stock impy if they were worth the same (hell if they werent I would take the impy, sell it and buy an RT Pro)
I agree on the stock impy trigger being crap, but then again you can always replace it, but there is no getting around the size of the impy.. its fairly heavy too.. I dont like the way it looks or shoots.. I dont like how you cant dryfire it without buying a part.. I just dont like impys..
I love mags, everything about them. Their size, their look, their trigger... just about everything.. I have never really examined a cocker but I know they are really nice guns and still reliable because my brother has a cocker from '97 and its still ticking 6 years later which isnt too bad.. I personally wouldnt mind owning a cocker, infact I think it would be fun (;)) but I dont really have the money for another gun right now.. considering I currently own 5 :rolleyes: (Emag, Automag classic, 2 rebels, and a PT enforcer)

alexrusek
06-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ForgedSpeed
I will however agree that it is the best "True" electro for under 400. The Evil Omen (Its electronic correct?) might change this.

The omen is a closed bolt blowback...not electropneumatic

Benfica4ever
06-14-2003, 10:08 PM
This is AO!What do you think people are going to say?

Cocker of course

NO!

mag:D

ForgedSpeed
06-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by alexrusek

The omen is a closed bolt blowback...not electropneumatic

The impulse is blowback....but thats all irrelevant. The omen is a "high end" electronic marker(Not spyder, BD, ect) for under, or about, 400 dollars.

breg
06-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by BajaBoy

uh the xvalve comes with lx stock.

I was talking about the ULE trigger

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by ForgedSpeed

The impulse is blowback....but thats all irrelevant. The omen is a "high end" electronic marker(Not spyder, BD, ect) for under, or about, 400 dollars.
Actually, the Omen is a blowback and the Impulse isn't.

Blowbacks are defined as using gas vented from the main valve to recock the hammer/bolt assembly. An Impulse uses a solenoid/ram combo to recock the hammer and bolt. The Omen uses air vented from the main valve to recock the bolt and hammer, but in a closed bolt fashion (and that is where the design differs majorly from Spyders/Piranhas). So while operating slightly different than other blowbacks, the Omen is still technically a blowback. The Impulse isn't at all though, I'm not sure where you got that idea.

ForgedSpeed
06-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Thanks, so what is the impulse then?