PDA

View Full Version : Classic, Mini, or RT Pro? Is this true about the RT Pro?

Coal-Cracker
06-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Allright, I'm completely new to mags.(In fact, presently I'm a 'Cocker owner.)I asked around and initially I settled on the mini. After reading a few posts, I've learned that the RT Pro "the way to go", but I do have a concern. I've read that the RTs are ideal for fast shooting. While I do occasionally shoot "fast", it isn't always (if rarely) the case (woodsball/scenario games). What are the negatives to shooting an RT slowly (1-2 b.p.s.). I've read of inconsistant velocities with regards to really slow firing rates, is there any truth to these statements?

Should I just stick with the Mini for my style of play?

Apologies for the "Mag-Newbie" question. It is just that I decided that this time I would do sustantial research prior to buying my next marker.

Thanks in advance,
Coal-Cracker

LittlePaintballBoy
06-13-2003, 01:58 PM
first off welcome to ao and the mag family. i havnt had any problems shoting my rtp slow, and it can shoot fast as well.i have a classic (the rtp is my dads) with a blade intelli and lx. i can shoot almost as fast as the rtpon my classic and with a retro valve i can shoot just as fast. and even with the stock trig frame you can achieve decent rates of fire, maybe a steady stream of about 7 bps. your mini will be fine as long as it has lx.

ps, lx means level ten-just in case you didnt know

Coal-Cracker
06-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Are the velocities consistant when shooting slow? I'm talking "one shot", find another target, "another shot" - I'm sure you get the drift....

One of the things that has attracted me to mags is their consistant velocity strings. Will this hold true with an RT Pro when shooting slow as well as fast? Like I said, I've been told that the RT is made for shooting fast, this would seem to be confirmed by the "special chronoing" instructions specifically for the RT.
Am I off-base here?

LittlePaintballBoy
06-13-2003, 02:21 PM
i havent seen any problems with that kind of stuff. you can shoot like pak pak instead or as well as pakapakapakapakpakapkapakpakpakpak

JEDI
06-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Dude, worry not. The RTpro is all you will want it to be and more. It can be shot slow, just as well as any other mag. Its a very consistent gun no matter what the rate of fire is.

breg
06-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Coal-Cracker,
As an owner of the RT/Pro, I've had no problems when shooting at lower rates of fire. In fact, that's how I shoot when I chrono. Don't worry, it's a great marker, and it will give you no problems as long as you take care of her.
Also since you are new to the Mag Faimly, I'll also give you some advice about what to get.
1. Fast Hopper (Eggo, Halo, Etc. Your Choice)
2. LEVEL 10!!!!!!!!! I can't stress that one enough.
3. ULE Body. In my opinion, it's not that important, but if youget it, you can use your cocker barrels on your mag.
4. A compressed air tank with a high enough output to run your marker. I used to use a Pure Energy with a high out put reg.

Well, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Later,
Breg

joeyjoe367
06-13-2003, 03:17 PM
I dunno... maybe you want to change your style of play a bit. I've always found that if 1-2 shots is good, 5-10 is even better :D

Not saying that overshooting is cool, but bounces do happen.

But an RT should be plenty consistant when shot slowly. I can tag the tips of "cone" type airball bunkers pretty easily with my RT and a good paint/barrel match.

Lopy-slopy
06-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I think it's the same consistancey but it shoot's at a lower volocity. When you get going real fast the valve heats up and make it fire harder. If all you plan on shooting is 1-2bps than just get the minni, or a TKO mag. As you feel like firing faster you can upgrade to an x-valve or retro(same valve, just the X is lighter) I think the TKO is a better deal because it comes with everything you need to use it(forgrip, vertadapter, micro ext., but it's up to you.

JEDI
06-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
I think it's the same consistancey but it shoot's at a lower volocity. When you get going real fast the valve heats up and make it fire harder. If all you plan on shooting is 1-2bps than just get the minni, or a TKO mag. As you feel like firing faster you can upgrade to an x-valve or retro(same valve, just the X is lighter) I think the TKO is a better deal because it comes with everything you need to use it(forgrip, vertadapter, micro ext., but it's up to you.

I'd do what he says... he is the coolest guy here. :D

sneakyhacker420
06-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy

the RTP comes with everything to need too...

ss hose, ASA, gas-thru fore grip, etc.

and there is a chrono procedure with the retro/rt/x-valves which immitates a fast recharge and the velocity recorded at that shot is what the retro will shoot when it is heated up during rapid fire

Xyxyll
06-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Yeah, but he will be experiencing shootdown if he plays slowely with the RTP. Unless he shoots, holds the trigger back, and then shoots again... he will experience that cooling of the valve (and air in the valve). I would go for the mini or tko for slow rof, and then when ya wanna up your rof ability, the RT valve or X valve is the way to go.

chronic john
06-14-2003, 09:08 AM
my classic valves shoot mint the one with a boo-yah electrogrip shoots 11 a sec all day with no shootdown . then the other has a intellafeed trigger and that get 7 or 8 a sec all day . then my factory mag with the stock trigger and no valve hopups at all at least gets 6 a sec . ripping slow or fast thwe classics will do . hey the r-t valve is nicer for sure but is it worth the extra 300 for the gun . i dont know . but my mags dont break paint at all weather im firing fast a hell or just taking poke shots the level 10 is a sure way never to break paint but im so used to my mags now they dont chop at all . check that new tunaman cphillip deal out r-t mags with a free warp feed for under 650 thats a killer deal .:D

AlabamaMan
06-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

the RTP comes with everything to need too...

ss hose, ASA, gas-thru fore grip, etc.

RT-Pros don't come with gas through forgrips.

sneakyhacker420
06-15-2003, 09:47 AM
oh... my friends does :confused:

and its not an RT classic...