PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Problem

Linkin
08-22-2001, 07:00 PM
Okay, I have a stock Minimag, and the trigger pull is very hard. Now, I thought that Mag triggers are light...

Can anyone tell me 1)Why is my trigger so hard 2)How I can fix my trigger

Thanx for any help you can give me.
-Linkin

p8ntballboy0824
08-22-2001, 07:07 PM
dude, give it some time, shoot it about 1000 times and it will be broken in, if you still have trouble, do a trigger job on it and buy a double trigger, it will give you more leverage and will help emensly, just give it some time

[This message has been edited by p8ntballboy0824 (edited 08-22-2001).]

Coaster2589@msn.com
08-22-2001, 07:34 PM
Hey, whatever u do do not have a trigger job done on your mag that is a no-no.

Linkin
08-22-2001, 07:42 PM
Actually, I have shot about 2000/3,000 rounds through it. Im a big Speed/Hyperball player.

I do plan to buy a double trigger, but I still want to know why the trigger is so hard. My friends' mags all have light triggers with no triggerjobs.

Army
08-22-2001, 11:09 PM
Just thinking....take your gun apart and look at the slot in the rail for the sear assembly. Put the sear and pin in like it would be in the gun. See where two points in the slot are up against the sear arm? Are they tight against it? If so, carefully and gently file away enough to allow free movement of the sear arm, but not too much to let it wobble side-to-side.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe the clevis (stirrup thingy) is pinched, tieing up the trigger rod.

Good luck http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif Got Elves?

jimmyjobob
08-23-2001, 08:16 AM
or like p8ntballboy0824 said, go with a double trigger, more leverage

Hanktheretard
08-23-2001, 06:22 PM
I think this post belongs here...

I've heard that the RT PRO triggers take a while to "break in" like car motors. Is this true and what would be the best way to break it in; i mean like actually firing the gun or just pulling the trigger without air/paint.

------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country."

George S. Patton

FeelTheRT
08-23-2001, 08:59 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hanktheretard:
I think this post belongs here...

I've heard that the RT PRO triggers take a while to "break in" like car motors. Is this true and what would be the best way to break it in; i mean like actually firing the gun or just pulling the trigger without air/paint.
</font>

You have to understand how the Mags work. I'm not going to explain it now. Just telling you that u have to have have it gased up.

FeelTheRT
08-23-2001, 09:01 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Linkin:
Okay, I have a stock Minimag, and the trigger pull is very hard. Now, I thought that Mag triggers are light...

Can anyone tell me 1)Why is my trigger so hard 2)How I can fix my trigger

Thanx for any help you can give me.
-Linkin</font>

If you wanted a gun that has a light pull you should have gotten an electro or if u wanted a gun that has a trigger that could be worked on, u should have gotten an Autococker.

Just next time you buy a gun, try it out first.

Linkin
08-24-2001, 02:16 PM
FeeltheRT,
Ummm... yeah. I had tried mags before. I had tried an RT, A 68, a mini, and a e-mag.

I was on a limited budget, so I couldnt get an electro.

Also, I hate Cockers. Yeah, they r good guns. They look sweet. But I hate em.

------------------
I was the proud owner of a Tippmann. Then I woke up from the nightmare and became the Proud owner of a MiniMag.
(Dont get me wrong, Tippmann's are awesome. I could hammer my old one at 10 or 11 bps)

"I cannot take this anymore! Saying everything I said before."-Linkin Park

"Give me an inch, I'll give you a bruise."-Andy Kopcok; Team Image