PDA

View Full Version : go RT or electro?????

1HitWonder
08-23-2001, 09:32 PM
im thinking about retiring my minimag, and im looking into the RT or an electro.
as a front player, and a bunker-er, i need a small gun, with a decent rate or fire.....so should i go rt or electro????

Zo
08-23-2001, 09:37 PM
right now, i would say retro, all you see is people havin probs with the electro frames.

a_malfunction
08-23-2001, 09:41 PM
If you have a HPA system, get the Retro. If you are still on CO2, get one of the electro frames.

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

1HitWonder
08-23-2001, 09:43 PM
guys, i mean im looking for a new gun. either the RT Pro or an electro gun like the timmy. NOT valves or frames.
as a front player, what would you recommend?

michael
08-23-2001, 10:05 PM
Ohh man i shot some kids emag up at the feild and it was so sweet. If i could afford either one i would go with the emag based on that one experance

Bearshirt
08-23-2001, 10:33 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by michael:
Ohh man i shot some kids emag up at the feild and it was so sweet. If i could afford either one i would go with the emag based on that one experance</font>

Did you get to fool with all modes?
I just read the review in "Paintball Mag" and the hybred mode sounds like electric pull with air assisted reactive, and the electric mode must be electric pull and electic assisted reactive.
Is it like that and can you shoot bursts at will?

Tricked99
08-23-2001, 11:04 PM
id go with something like a bushy
nice and light, and setup right can be very compact

Xzion
08-23-2001, 11:17 PM
I'd go with an E-Mag, its like an RT and an Electro in one marker, plus its VERY nice http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif. Or, if you were willing to wait awhile, send your mini into get one of thoes E-Mag conversions done. might be more practical to do that than buy a whole new marker, the down side is you'd have to wait for AGD to start the conversion program up again after they get out from under all the overlaod of work.

[This message has been edited by Xzion (edited 08-24-2001).]

FeelTheRT
08-24-2001, 08:49 AM
Well, if you want a small electro gun, i'd say any kind of Angel or an E-Mag.

veteranmag
08-24-2001, 08:56 AM
I went from a minimag to an E-mag. The difference between shooting electronic (pure electronic and hybrid) on the emag and purely mechanical (RT) is huge.

I don't think that the difference between your minimag and the RT Pro ($650-700) will justify the cost. If I were you, I'd save a bit more a get the Emag ($900).

Mag89
08-24-2001, 05:12 PM
yes go with the e-mag....

FeelTheRT
08-24-2001, 05:34 PM
You can find many used Angel LEDs for pritty cheap with lots of kits and upgrades with it for very cheap on Ebay. I think i've seen as low as 800 as closing price before.