PDA

View Full Version : *Read This* -Paintball on Malcom

Echez09
06-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Did anyone see the episode of Fox's Malcom in the Middle where the one "special" kid got a mag and they snuck out to play paintball? I've got a few bones to pick with Fox-

1. The actors wore nothing but shop goggles.
2. How did the kids even get to play w/o an adult?
3. How can you be allowed to put something like that on TV?

-I just wanted to see if anyone saw this and if they did-what they had to say

LittlePaintballBoy
06-14-2003, 12:20 AM
there has been a couple of thread about this, its a really old episode, must be re running it. you can use the grey button that says search at the top of the screen to find past threads about stuff. its ok because your pretty new but people will start to bite your head off like a pack of ravenous wolves;)

Hemorrhage
06-14-2003, 02:29 AM
It's more of a periwinkle isn't it? The backdrop is gray...

ShowTime
06-14-2003, 05:04 AM
im sorry to post this man, but geez give it a break... if u even call fox up and complain they will just lauph and hang up on you so whats the point, save your self the time and save the bandwith, people stop posting i just saw paintball on so, an so show and it represents it wrong nothing we can do about it. Most people that dont know anything about paint think its just a bunch of people playign rambo, and this is how the t.v. shows portray it...
so stop complaing, nothing that you can do. these post are pointless, as long as you know how to play and can play whats it matter what a stupid little tv show, shows piantball..

p.s. sorry to be negative about it but geez theres hundreads of these i saw this on tv now im pissed who cares
its not going to ruin painball it never has, if anything it gives paintball more exposer FOR FREE....

m-98
06-14-2003, 08:49 AM
This is off topic, but since were talking about back grounds, did you ever notice that every post has a different grey, light grey, dark grey, light, dark etc.

You can tell I'm bored.:rolleyes:

FalconGuy016
06-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ShowTime
im sorry to post this man, but geez give it a break... if u even call fox up and complain they will just lauph and hang up on you so whats the point, save your self the time and save the bandwith, people stop posting i just saw paintball on so, an so show and it represents it wrong nothing we can do about it. Most people that dont know anything about paint think its just a bunch of people playign rambo, and this is how the t.v. shows portray it...
so stop complaing, nothing that you can do. these post are pointless, as long as you know how to play and can play whats it matter what a stupid little tv show, shows piantball..

p.s. sorry to be negative about it but geez theres hundreads of these i saw this on tv now im pissed who cares
its not going to ruin painball it never has, if anything it gives paintball more exposer FOR FREE....

Its more of a serious matter than that showtime, because paintball is constantly on the verge of being banned in cities everywhere. Although I think paintball is growing a little large to just simply 'ban' anymore, there could be some pretty large fights. I am just hoping by then we have huge megacompanies that can knock them on their face :) And the next olympics it is almost guaranteed to have a paintball event (YES!)

SyntaxError
06-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

And the next olympics it is almost guaranteed to have a paintball event (YES!)

How do you figure? I've heard that SUPPOSEDLY it only missed being an olympic event by one vote, but if there's anything I've learned about the paintball industry, its that 95% of what you hear is pure BS.

If anyone has heard anything about this though, that'd be cool:D

iownamag
06-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Either way, I agree that groups like FOX mess things up for paintball, I also saw an episode of "Greg the Bunny" (thats what I think it was called) where they played paintball in shop goggles and when they played they just pulled over on the side of a road and started running around the woods. Then After the guy shot the hilarious little turtle guy for making to much noise (they were on the same team) the guy charged two oppenents and they unloaded their entire hoppers onto him from like 5 feet away! Then again, I would say somebody should air real paintball more often, but in many cases I'm not sure how much that would help.

m-98
06-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by SyntaxError

How do you figure? I've heard that SUPPOSEDLY it only missed being an olympic event by one vote, but if there's anything I've learned about the paintball industry, its that 95% of what you hear is pure BS.

If anyone has heard anything about this though, that'd be cool:D

I heard one vote from Popular Mechanics, but maybe they got that info from the industry.

Major Ho
06-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Does ANYONE understand that hollywood wears lame eye protection, ie shop goggle, because they must show the actors/actresses face? Otherwise you wouldnt know who was who and no longer have your onscreen star. Sorry but even the clear proteus doesnt cut it.
If these free publicity for paintball even spark interest in the game/sport/activity to have the viewer look into the sport they would most likely find out whats up, and in IMO have done its job of bringing more people to paintball.
Everyone needs to stop being a prude about it and loosen the butt cheeks.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by m-98
This is off topic, but since were talking about back grounds, did you ever notice that every post has a different grey, light grey, dark grey, light, dark etc.

You can tell I'm bored.:rolleyes:

actually on my pc it only has 2 different shades,hmmm

iownamag
06-14-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure thats what he meant, seeing as how he described it as light, dark, light, etc., there are only two colors and they swith off to show different sections, as I write this I am noticing that in the reply window the colors switch off as well... hmmm very intersting :confused:

m-98
06-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Da, that's what I meant.

*ArKfEaR*
06-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Im with showtime on this one.

Really, we all know that ACTUALLY getting the whole community to complain no matter if it was a million people wont do anything. So who cares, you know the game is different, i know it, and so does everyone else who plays. Its too bad if poor 13 Year old jonny cant play because his mom saw a bad portrayal. Then maybe he just shouldnt be old enough to play anyway, i was lucky enough to start when i was 10, but still. If he cant scoop up the propper info to convince his parents that show "x" is wrong than too bad.

I saw it too recently and i was like, thats pretty funny, he just lit that kit up. Even though i did notice the fact that the kids were standing still, out in the open, like fish in a barrel, and the fact that they were wearing shop glasses. But i didnt really mind it because i knew it was wrong and i knew saying something wasnt going to do anything.

Just ignore it, it works better. ;)