PDA

View Full Version : Something funny I just heard on the radio

WickeDKlowN
06-14-2003, 02:06 AM
I was listening to the radio a few mins ago, and I heard something pretty funny. I was right before they played the new Metallica song(which sucks, yet I kinda like it for some reason). Well, anyway. They said that the US Army was using Metallica music to intimidate people over in afghan or iraq or whatever beefore they catch them or whatever. Anyone knwo anything about this? I think it's pretty funny.

They said Lars was pissed off about it tho. Prolly cause all those ppl get to hear Metallica without paying for it :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

Curly
06-14-2003, 02:08 AM
I havent heard anything of the sort. But I bet its hilarious to see.

CasingBill
06-14-2003, 07:21 AM
I have also heard the same thing. When Metallica doesn't work they go right for the throat and break out the Barney songs.:p I guess Barney doesn't get pissed off about it though.

m-98
06-14-2003, 11:41 AM
I heard that they use metal in interigation of terrorists, and they played metal in the mountains of Afghanistan to get terrorists to surrender because they hate rock music. The army also played AC/DC and Kiss to get Noriega to surrender in Panama. They blast the music out special Hummers that have their whole backs full of huge speakers.

ForgedSpeed
06-14-2003, 11:48 AM
I read about this in Newsweek. The people have never heard such things before and really just can't stand it.

FutureMagOwner
06-14-2003, 12:31 PM
well theres a question on where this breaks the geneva convention or not and im not really sure where i stand while its funny to hear it i wonder what effect it has on people in the area

Sooky
06-14-2003, 08:37 PM
It's funny, but...

Isn't announcing your presence and giving the enemy a chance to sneak up on you bad?:confused: I'm not so sure if that's true.

Brak
06-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Sooky
It's funny, but...

Isn't announcing your presence and giving the enemy a chance to sneak up on you bad?:confused: I'm not so sure if that's true.

well if you know good enough where they are to drive a convoy of hummers up with giant speakers in the back, i think they know that they got em cornered and they wont get ambushed

AutomagRT1483
06-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Ya know if they were smart, they'd use Spice Girls music like the did in the Small Soldiers movie. That will drive anyone insane, instantaneously.;)

AutomagBoy
06-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Sooky

I dont think we would do blast music while we're trying to get through the jungle in vietnam. You would only blast music when when you know your safe and the enemy army already knows where you are.

Miscue
06-15-2003, 02:56 AM
You could always blast the Macarena.