PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one...

-=Squid=-
06-13-2003, 05:24 PM
...That notices a lot of people obviously make up stories here about mags? I mean, like they will be saying how somebody talked a buncha crap about mags, then they used one and were blown away? All the mag owners here have one of those stories...

FalconGuy016
06-13-2003, 05:29 PM
I dont see how they are unbelievable :confused:

Am I the only one who doesnt have jonneh's theme music playing in the background 24/7?

Mav D MagMan
06-13-2003, 05:33 PM
It's possible they *are* true... ignorance can be beaten.

I have a friend in auto-tech who used to talk madness about Fords all day till he took a ride in my F350 4x4 and got some first hand experience. Now he's not anti-Ford... then again there are people that will never convert. It's how things are.

Mav

than205
06-13-2003, 05:35 PM
I let an Angel shooter try my RTP. It's left handed (Warp-right) with a Z-grip. As you can imagine it's not something anyone just picks up and is usually comfortable with. He said had no problem shooting leftie.

He liked it a lot. He said it was a lot of fun because it was so tight. I don't think he was going to give up his marker of choice. I thought it was cool he appreciated mine for what it was.

shartley
06-13-2003, 05:41 PM
One time while I was at band camp...........

;):D

-=Squid=-
06-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by shartley

I shoved a tuba up some guys...ahem.

than205
06-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by shartley

;):D

LOL
I remember that, I was a world leader.
Erm...um...was that last nights dream?

Ov3rmind
06-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Everyone makes up stories about how everyone at the field is blown away by their gun. Just go with the flow.:cool:

BobTheCow
06-13-2003, 10:04 PM
One time, I went to Pev's, with my Stingray, and it couldn't chrono, and they laughed at me, and told me to get a real gun, and Jeff's dad bought me a joker...
[/american pie parody]

*ahem* happy now, squid?

Brak
06-13-2003, 10:36 PM
theres only one thing on these boards that i hate than that. its when people try to CONVERT others to mags. its like we are running a paintball cult or something. you always hear of people being like "i hope i play good so i cant get some people in my field to convert to mags!" its so dumb

Mav D MagMan
06-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Shush or I'll call the high priests!

You do have a point there, but doesn't everyone want to be the start of a cool trend?

Mav

-=Squid=-
06-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Well, Im glad brak agrees with me...and what the heck are you talking about bob?? :confused:

breg
06-13-2003, 11:13 PM
I've personally converted a person or two from anti mag to at least "mags are decent." That, and it's never how well you can talk trash, but how well you can play. And, I've noticed that a lot, not all, but a lot of people rely too much on their marker, and not on their skills as a palyer.
For example, I know every aspect of my mag, balls per second, veloicity, paint to barrel match, etc.
That, and when most people see a Mag's simplicity vs. performance they are really impressed. Also, look how easy it is to fully disassemble a Mag vs. a Cocker. Plus you never have to "Time" a Mag. It's little things like that.

dcmander
06-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Most people just like how my micro is so small, compact, and light. :)

But thats it. :)

FooTemps
06-14-2003, 12:39 AM
That's weird... almost all the people I regularly talk to about paintball/play paintball with say mags are decent or mags are pretty good.

spunkjunky56
06-14-2003, 02:06 AM
<B>*Warning: Observe the forum rules*</B> -Miscue

yeahthatsme
06-14-2003, 11:51 AM
HONEST TO GOD i've let people shoot my mag and one or 2 have offered to buy it cus it was friggin awesome. and one of the guys at my field thats a regular didnt really like mags, i let him play with mine, and he came up to me and said that he now has a respect for automags. so some of these stories are true.

lord1234
06-15-2003, 07:51 AM
ok oldsoldier can vouch for this one....
I have a mag classic...and OS has an xmag
I was just doing hte usual testfire before game starts thing and laid down a short string real quick...kid says "Thats the fastest mag I have ever seen" me and oldsoldier nearly **** a brick. It was hilarious cuz oldsoldier has the xmag which woudl throw my mag in the dust.

--Lord

spunkjunky56
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
What was the rule that I broke? "Thou shall not disrespect Mr. Kaye." Actually my intention wasn't to disrespect him, I figured that he was getting tired having most of the AO'ers on his nuts. It's a good thing Mr. Kaye went on vacation. It gives the majority of the AO'ers a chance to get a tan on their face since it's buried in Mr. Kaye's *** 99% of the time anyway.

Evil Bob
06-16-2003, 03:06 PM
The only "conversion" I shoot for is to educate them on what mags are capable of, break the stereotype for them, I want to change their tune from "mags suck" or "mags are for ****" to "damn, that was cool".

I could care less if they buy one or not.

-Evil Bob

than205
06-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by spunkjunky56
What was the rule that I broke? "Thou shall not disrespect Mr. Kaye." Actually my intention wasn't to disrespect him, I figured that he was getting tired having most of the AO'ers on his nuts. It's a good thing Mr. Kaye went on vacation. It gives the majority of the AO'ers a chance to get a tan on their face since it's buried in Mr. Kaye's *** 99% of the time anyway.

Dude, relax.
Your teddybear still loves you. :p

paintball_junkie
06-16-2003, 11:00 PM
LMFAO good one than205 Ill have to use that sometime, and yes some stories are pretty entertaining becasue there fake.

reefer madness
06-17-2003, 01:26 AM

lol, i noticed this too

BobTheCow
06-17-2003, 05:48 AM
squid - it was a non-made-up story.

giant1515
06-17-2003, 10:37 AM
convert... it's a word. I've used it though I'm not fanatical by any means. my preference in markers just happens to be an automag. There are a lot of people that I've played with that had mags then gave them up for specific reasons, too heavy, too many chops, heavy trigger, not enough options to personalize it... I could care less if they buy another one or switch back to mags, but when they still say that mags are all like that I just try to show them what's out there to fix those issues.

In the mean time, call the priests... :D

:D

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Tom isn't the only one going on vacation with that attitude. :rolleyes:

Gadget
06-17-2003, 02:26 PM
I've never had anyone drop to their knees praising mags thanks to my divine intervention, but here's a true story.....

Last Sunday I took my brand new X-valved Emag out for a spin and dragged along a friend who used to play tourny ball with me years ago (he was a die hard cocker-only guy back then - every time he used a mag he managed to turn it into a blender). He has been out of the game for a long time (7 or 8 years) but I'm trying to get him hooked again, so lent him my Emag-valved L10 classic to use.

Had a couple of good games but the classic was having problems with double feeding (the paint we were using was AWFUL, closer to being square than round), so having been unable to sort the problem with a new nubbin I let him run my Emag for a couple of games.

Oooooh baby did he like? Oh yes! :)

Paint was seriously expensive as we were at a corporate fun day, so we had been trying to limit the amount we fired each game. First time out with the Emag and he was ripping through paint like he'd just won the lottery - I was in front of him and all I could hear was 'zing-zing-zing-zing-zing-zing-zing' non-stop (don't short DYE stainless barrels make a nice sound?)

He didn't have a single break or chop....although he did manage to shoot my barrel bag, doh! :)

Not sure if I've managed to persuade him to get back into the game full time, but if he does I'll lay money that he'll be buying an E-mag over a cocker. :)

GT
06-17-2003, 02:36 PM

:rolleyes: