PDA

View Full Version : Mag pump questions

DCB
06-14-2003, 09:26 AM
I have heard a little about and seen a few pics of the Mag pump...so now my mind is going ( this means trouble $$:D ) so I have a few questions:
1) Is it worth the effort?
2) Does it work well?
3) How is the efficiency?
4) Pics....
Thanks

primetime
06-14-2003, 07:04 PM
I just picked up a Eclipse splash kit for my mag pump project. My airsmith has the pump part for me and if the body rail and body(when I find a center feed one) will do the milling for me. Are they worth it? to me its just something to do, im sure there are better pumps out there, but I love my mags so its personal to me. I want a pump so I can really work on my skills.

Hope this helps out some.

Good luck!!

james5
06-15-2003, 01:18 AM
I have one of the original mag pumps I bought way back.
It is well worth it , if you want a pump, and love mags.
I will never sell the marker, but have a never ending amount of people that want to use it, and are very impressed with the way it shoots.
Email me if you want pics.
James

cougar20th
06-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DCB
I have heard a little about and seen a few pics of the Mag pump...so now my mind is going ( this means trouble $$:D ) so I have a few questions:
ill say this one would be personal preferance. i built mine from the ground up. i had nothing to start with. for the same money i could have got a phantom type pump or something on that idea.

2) Does it work well?
mine does. light and short stroke. i will say they can be tinkerers marker. you have to know how to fix them yourself because no-one else will

dont have a clue. that ive not worried about. i assume its close to that of a regular mag. anyway i use my n2 tank and revy as they are what i have.

4) Pics....
http://www.spyderea.net/forum/uploads/cougar20th/mag15deg.jpg
not up to date but close

Strider
06-15-2003, 10:04 PM

For me, I wanted a backup to my emag. Not that I forsee it going down, but I kinda wanted a Classic mag. I missed my old one. I also wanted to try the mag pump. I got both in one package, and boy, I love it! I even had to hack the bottom of the body to convert it to a pump body.

For the price, yes you can get a high end pump. BUT, the mag can be turned into a semi in (for me) under a minute. That and it takes the same barrels as my main marker. :)

2) Does it work well?

Love it. Mind you, I've never played with a Phantom before, but it outstripped the other pumps I'd used.

Mag-like. ;) Dono, haven't used it enough yet.

4) Pics....

Gladly:

http://64.26.169.95/Paintball/2003-04-02_PumpMag_Right.jpg

cougar20th
06-15-2003, 10:09 PM
striders right i missed one major factor in me deciding. you can convert it to semi easy.

Strider
06-15-2003, 10:14 PM
It's when you convert it to semi and then forget to tell anyone that things get fun. :D (I leave my pump handle on)

"It's just a pump!" :p

matt-o
10-27-2003, 09:36 PM
thats sweet where could i get one of those pump kist for my mag?

dyeforever
10-27-2003, 09:59 PM
those are so pretty sweet pump mags:) want to get one but wondering would it work with a x valve and lx?

cougar20th
10-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by matt-o
thats sweet where could i get one of those pump kist for my mag?

agd store has them in the attic section not complete but mostly there. http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=21&ObjectGroup_ID=28 youll have to make a pump rod. have a rail and body that accepts the pump kit or have you regular stuff modded.

dyeforever: theres someone on pbreview running a xvalve on a pumpmag. you could ask him about it. just do a search for pumpmag.