PDA

View Full Version : Looking for powder coating shop

2000Sabre
08-21-2001, 11:51 PM
I have an Automag RT Pro that I would love to get powder coated. The problem is trying to find some place that will do it. I already know that Sin Customs does work but after reading Army's post regarding the work done on his marker I'm not going to let Sin touch mine. I also know that RedRider does work. However, he's limited to solid colors and just starting to experiment with fades. RedRider does nice work but I'm looking for a splash or splatter similar to some of the anno jobs you see on other markers. Does anybody know of someone who does this type of work with powder coating? I live on the east coast but will ship anywhere I can get a quality job. Any help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by 2000Sabre (edited 08-24-2001).]

xtreme paintball
08-22-2001, 12:25 AM
what's wrong with SIN? I've heard great things about their work...

------------------
DUDE!!! MY BALLS POPPED!!!

Load SM5
08-22-2001, 11:32 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2000Sabre:
I already know that Sin Customs does work but after reading Webby's post regarding the work done on his marker I'm not going to let Sin touch mine. </font>

It was'nt Webby's mag, it was Army's.
He got it back after a loooooong time and it looked like crap. It seems SIN has forgotton the meaning of customer service.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

K&P Customs
08-23-2001, 03:30 PM
Well I'm not a BIG company. I do, do powder Coating. Powder coat can not be done in a splash form do to it powder. Although I have seen airbrushing doen with a clear coat of it and they call it Powder Coating. ( I don't call that Powder coating in my book ) I can do standard colors and translucent color and aslo prism colors as well as fades.. If you e-mail me I can send some pic of gun I have done..

Cha0tic
08-23-2001, 05:47 PM
SiN does powdercoating by painting it and then applying a clear powdercoat on top.

redrider is awsome. i sent my gun to him and had it back in a week. 15$ too.

automagseeker
08-23-2001, 06:17 PM
Hey K and P customs, do you have a website? Thanks

jon-boy
08-24-2001, 12:53 AM
Hey Ken- Good to see you over here! Haven't been over to F4OG lately, since I sold my F4 to get my minimag. What's new?

------------------
"I don't have a creative bone in my body."

K&P Customs
08-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Thanks.. Always been a fan of mags ... I had a web site but it died.. I'm working on a new one here. Should be up soon.. You can see some stuff I have done at this site : http://www.f4pg.com/kp.htm
Some of my milling is there and the powder coating also ...

MikeCouves
08-24-2001, 08:56 PM
Man my friend sent his Minimag body to SiN customs and he was on the phone...

Friend: So it will be like 40 dollars right?

SiN: Nope, send it over, I will do it for 10

Friend: Awesome, I'll send it right away.

Anyways, he got it back in a couple days, the whole thing only took like a week. Now it looks awesome. Just to let you know.

------------------
mbcouves@yahoo.ca

Mike Couves

2000Sabre
08-24-2001, 09:53 PM
The reason I've decided not to use Sin Customs is through my own personal experience and what I've read on this forum. I've looked at the work that Sin has done at his old web site and it does look good. However, when the owner doesn't reply to email messages, references a web site that is never up and a moderator of this forum has a bad experience it makes one think. I don't mind taking some risk now and then but my gut tells me not to pursue work with Sin. I'm not telling people to not use Sin, do your own homework and make your own decision. I've just decided against it.