PDA

View Full Version : what to get for 700

coolcatpete
06-14-2003, 10:34 AM
What Electric gun do you think is the best for under $700. I am asking because I want to fire fast and I am really good at walking triggers so the gun you must be able to walk.

DYE-BaLLeR
06-14-2003, 10:45 AM
u should get a job no good good electrics under 7

rehme
06-14-2003, 11:02 AM
a used emag

b2k3 bushys

yeahthatsme
06-14-2003, 11:22 AM
custom impulse(rat, nasty)

FalconGuy016
06-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DYE-BaLLeR

What are you talking about?

Used emag (my first choice) and impulse are my first choices for electros

Brak
06-14-2003, 11:57 AM
here is a list that i think you could get for 700, it might take some looking but you can get one.

-emag
-LED matrix
-NICE classic timmy
-stock GZ timmy (old one probably, new "Z" go for more)
-2k1 or so angel LCD
-centerflag-gripped cocker
-custom imp (rat, nasty, etc)
-nice bushys

WickeDKlowN
06-14-2003, 12:55 PM
used eMag, used Viking, used Trix, nice Bushy, etc.

Pvt.Opium
06-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I got my Emag for under 700(it took alot of looking but i found it). My second choice would prob be a Nice bushy. Emag if your willing to look for sure though.

KamikazeChiKenz
06-14-2003, 01:53 PM
You can get most of the "custom" Impulses used for that much and used emags, bushies, used timmies etc. I would try to find a used emag or used freeflow racegun for that much. Those IMO are your best choices.

S.S Bandit1
06-14-2003, 02:29 PM
I have seen MANY great used Angels, Impulses, and Mags on ebay for anywhere from $500-$700. You can really save a lot though by purchasing a used marker. (Just make sure its been well taken care of). I would look for a used emag...

*ArKfEaR*
06-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Your best bet would probably be getting...

.... my gun: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=585007#post585007

Ghetto
06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
2k2 shockers are going pretty cheap right now, I got mine for under $500. I've had it for about a month and I'm really pleased with it so far. Just something else to think about.

FreakBaller12
06-15-2003, 06:31 PM
i am getting a used emag in liek 2 weeks:D
go with it

LawFox32
06-15-2003, 08:34 PM
how about this,

custom milled and annoed Bushy
with full matching freak
88/45 nitro tank
evo2

for 700 shippedbushy (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151392)

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-15-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure, but you may be able to pick up a TMC matrix for about 750, defiantly worth it.

misfit
06-15-2003, 11:01 PM
my emag
pm me

bunkermaster10
06-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Get a nice impulse. The best electro for the price right now is the new rat 03' impulse IMO. Its 700 bucks exactly for a brand new one. Also comes with the freak.

bunkermaster10
06-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Check at ratguns.com or e-paintballoutlet.com. If you don't get a impulse look at the matrix :eek: .

DYE-BaLLeR
06-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

What are you talking about?

Used emag (my first choice)

i thought he wanted a good electro...

ZyperioN
06-22-2003, 05:12 PM
new emags only run about $750-800, you could just save another hundred and buy a new one. If i remember right, they are $799 on PaintballGear.com, and i wish i could remember where i saw them for $750, seek and you shall find.

i like tictacs
06-22-2003, 05:45 PM

^listen to this man
stay awaaaaay (far away) from impulses

BajaBoy
06-22-2003, 05:56 PM

i thought he wanted a good electro...

um buddy, and emag is a good electro.

DYE-BaLLeR
06-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by i like tictacs

^listen to this man
stay awaaaaay (far away) from impulses

whats wrong with u imps are the best guns out

Originally posted by BajaBoy

um buddy, and emag is a good electro.

dude dont lie to the kid he just wants to know a GOOD electro for under 7 bills

rkjunior303
06-22-2003, 06:06 PM
buy an emag from Tunaman. Free warp in june.

BajaBoy
06-22-2003, 07:30 PM

dude dont lie to the kid he just wants to know a GOOD electro for under 7 bills

and how am i lieng? Are you saying emags arnt "GOOD" or are you saying that they are more then 700$? Im pretty sure they are good guns last time i checked:rolleyes: and i know that they ar selling aound 700 used.

i like tictacs
06-22-2003, 07:57 PM

whats wrong with u imps are the best guns out

hahahahhaaha

-Carnifex-
06-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Imps are under $700..

DYE-BaLLeR
06-22-2003, 09:26 PM
dude wait imps are under 7 bills? are stranges? are adrenalins? didnt think so shut ur mouth

Lone Wolf2
06-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Or u could buy my angel...Its a TAGfactory one...Maybe i can talk to u..Its onder 7.

My AIM-TAGfactory18

cphilip
06-22-2003, 10:59 PM
dude wait imps are under 7 bills? are stranges? are adrenalins? didnt think so shut ur mouth

You know I am about to slam you so hard you will not find your way back...

ONE AND ONLY WARNING.:mad:

Lone Wolf2
06-22-2003, 11:08 PM
DYE BALLER-Man watch out cphillip's not too happy wit u.I dont mean for this to sound sarcastic.

Nomad
06-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Classic Timmy: Pushing it I think a bit... Finacially I mean. But look around, you might get lucky.

E-Matrix: Nice marker, though quite a gas hog. Around $600-$700 for a stock one, but you'll also probably be wanting a replacement bolt kit or something to increase effeciency

2k3 Bushmaster: Quite nice out of the box.

Impulse: This is a bit iffy. The newer ones are alright, however the stock trigger is horrid. When my friend bought his impulse, he also ordered a magnetic trigger for his as well as a tapeworm, and it's quite the beast. The stock barrel has a large bore size (something like .698), as do most stock barrels, so don't expect too much out of the barrel. He did break paint in his hopper one (tripped and hit his Eggy on the ground) and got some paint in the eye. Made the eye very picky afterwards (especially considering the fact that he didn't clean it). Mostly user error, and that's pretty much the only qualm he had about his impulse.

I would recomend the Impulse with Vision Eye, an Eclipse Magnetic Trigger and Tapeworm right off the bat, and possibly a new barrel as well. The Impulse with Eye is around $550, Mag trigger is about $30, and the Tapeworm is another $30. That leaves about $60 for ($20 for S&H):
-A new barrel
-Electric hopper
-Other misc internal upgrades (My friend put a derlin bolt on his)
-Paint

Probably just one of the above though.

Oh, and ignore DYE-Baller. He's just trolling (first he says no such thing as a good electro under $700 thwn says that Impulses are the best marker there is. Considering the fact that a stock one is less then $600, I wish he would make up his mind). :p

DYE-BaLLeR
06-23-2003, 12:00 AM
ok i mean good ones strange ai etc if u say mags are the best do u mean the very stock automags? nope

Lone Wolf2
06-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah but u see with a Stock impulse u gotta buy upgrades for it to get it workin right without n e probs if your lucky.

i like tictacs
06-23-2003, 12:57 AM
ok i mean good ones strange ai etc if u say mags are the best do u mean the very stock automags? nope

An impulse is an impulse is an impulse...no matter how many things you superglue onto the front of it.

Nomad
06-23-2003, 01:00 AM

I never mentioned the Automag, did I?? ;)

cphilip
06-23-2003, 08:26 AM

Um... no you seem to miss the point. From your very first reply in this thread (not anything about your comments on Mags) you failed to contribute one single thing to this thread. Not one. And in fact you came close to flamming people for offering their opionions. Telling them to shut up and the like. I could care less what you think about mags. But I do care that you seemed to spend your entire existence in this thread belitting others for their helpfull suggestions.

And they were clearly suggesting a used Emag as one of the things that fit his needs. And one that clearly does.

KayleAGD
06-24-2003, 09:52 AM
How about a ULE tequila sunrise fade e-mag for 700.00 ?? I am going to sell mine ..

Nick O time
06-24-2003, 12:53 PM
i was just curious are u sellin it or sumtin?

DYE-BaLLeR
06-24-2003, 02:36 PM

An impulse is an impulse is an impulse...no matter how many things you superglue onto the front of it.

ok then a mag is a mag is a mag no matter how much u mill it or put x infront of it more people use imps in nppl and psp than any mags name a good proffessional team with mags cuz i can name plenty with impulses.

SIGSays
06-24-2003, 04:28 PM
save another $100

go to pbgear.com and get a brand new emag.. with a emax valve and ule frame... they have them for $799.75 shipped... that's what i'm gonna do

cockersuk14
06-25-2003, 10:37 AM
i think nasty impulses go for like $650-$700 and their sweet. Someone I play wit has one and its nice. My other friend got an imp from epaintballoutlet and he put a pipe and a new trigger and everyone at local field rips on it! imps are great get one you wont be sorry. Im even in the market to sell my gun and buy an imp or bushy.

-Carnifex-
06-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't rats under $700? Not to mention, why buy a strange when you could just buy an imp and upgrade it? Fancy milling?

So what if no pro teams use e-mags. Could it be that AGD generally doesn't sponsor teams?

Another thing, who cares what the pros use? This guy isn't a pro, if he was he wouldn't be asking us what gun he should use.

Idiot (Sorry Phil, couldn't resist :rolleyes: .)

DYE-BaLLeR
06-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-
Maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't rats under $700? Not to mention, why buy a strange when you could just buy an imp and upgrade it? Fancy milling?

their probably the lightest impulses out there and they dont really have fancy milling there just very light

So what if no pro teams use e-mags. Could it be that AGD generally doesn't sponsor teams?

no its because no one wants agd as a sponsor

Another thing, who cares what the pros use? This guy isn't a pro, if he was he wouldn't be asking us what gun he should use.

so he should get a bad gun just becuz hes not a really good player?

Nick O time
06-25-2003, 05:06 PM
can you ever say something inteligent, constructive, or useful for a change. doing at least one of those things would be appriciated.
Thanks

Thump152
06-25-2003, 07:40 PM
I own a micro E-mag and it rocks, with out ULE stuff a little on the heavy side but, Has insane rate of fire, I've shot a few impys in my day Rat Impy/Vision Impy with mods, Fast nice light guns, but I prefer my E-mag not taking away from either gun both great guns,Impy requires a tad more maintence than E-mag in my opinion, But Level 10 on E-mag can be kind of a pain but once its set up right no maintence involved , All Emag needs is level 10 and a good barrel and leave it alone. It just depends on what you like, go to your local shop if you have one around and see if he will let you test some of the guns out, If he has either,thats what I'd do. Good Luck in finding a gun that suits you-------------Heres a pic of my gun

Nick O time
06-25-2003, 07:41 PM
i love them so much i am getting another one:D

meat
06-26-2003, 12:26 AM
I shoot a booyaah mag, i prefer it over my lcd. Its a good gun and you can put one together for around 200 if you seach for used parts. But if you get one plan on spending the rest of your money on top-of-the-line accesories such as nice barrel (freak ect.) , fast hopper (halo b ect.) , air system. And they are good for walking ONLY if you have Hostage put an angel microswitch in it. But you would probly enjoy an emag too :D

-Carnifex-
06-26-2003, 12:18 PM

so he should get a bad gun just becuz hes not a really good player?

No, but he doesn't need a strange or some crap that costs five figures when the only difference is fancy milling.

Nomad
06-26-2003, 02:31 PM
He said under $700. So getting a Strange Impulse or an Adrenaline Impulse is probably out of the question.

Fuji
06-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Perhaps I'm missing out on something. But, did he mean for $700 for the whole shmeal? (Tank, hopper, marker, etc.?) Or just marker. If he's talking just marker then that shouldn't be too hard. Especially if he buys used.

Markers that come to mind that I have played with are
angels
emag (just got mine!)
timmy (holy froot!)
ebladed cocker (very, very nice)

Ummm, let's see Bad Karma, AGD kids, quite a few teams as I recall. Granted, they aren't pro. But, quite a few teams that I know of wouldn't mind a sponsorship from AGD.

coolcatpete
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Sorry boys but I have made a choise and it is the sl-68 2

coolcatpete
06-26-2003, 08:38 PM
jk got oe for $20 dollers used still looking for more ideas for UNDER $700 ok

DYE-BaLLeR
06-26-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
But, quite a few teams that I know of wouldn't mind a sponsorship from AGD.

name one nxl nppl or psp team in the professional league that uses agd as a sponsor, when u think of all the top teams dynasty all americans naughty dogs tontons agd just doesnt come to mind...

meat
06-27-2003, 02:30 AM
dye-baller - It is clear that you are here to piss some people off. It is also clear that you are doing just that to some of these AO members. But in doing so you are making many people SAD, by saying the things that you are saying with your cocky/negetive attitude. And then, on top of it all, they have to see your sig pic , and the sadness multiplys.

And now to contribute to the thread- i suggest you shop around and also go to stores to test the gun, see how it feels and such before you buy your used one :)

FreakBaller12
06-27-2003, 12:27 PM
WAY TO BE MEAT!!:D

i like tictacs
06-27-2003, 12:38 PM
dye baller

agd actually improves each model of the mag. unlike smart parts...

Nomad
06-27-2003, 02:55 PM
dye baller

agd actually improves each model of the mag. unlike smart parts...

Actually that's WGP. AGD hadn't really changed the Automag design for while save for some minor adjustments throughout the years.

It's only recently that they began pushing out new products.

Ryknow
06-27-2003, 04:16 PM
dude.. for 700 you can get a clamshelled WAS boarded classic timmy. I've seen fairly nice timmy's for 700. And dont mine Dye-baller.. Hes one of those Dye noobs. He also has bad taste in guns.. impys.. bleh. Not to high up on my list.

Also, in reponse to the AGD sponsor thing.. AGD is not as "well-off" as WDP, Smart Parts, or some of those other companies. Think about it in this way though. AGD started a lot of stuff that is paintball today.

You know who brought nitrogen into the paintball community? Answer: Tom Kaye. You what Dye has done? Nothing.. they sell overpriced cheaply made products, excluding barrels, I havent seen problems out of those yet.

AGD would be a DAMN good sponsor IMO. Think about man.. custom annod X-mags, warps, flatlines. wow. speaking of warps.. who was also the first company to move the hopper off thetop of the gun? Air Gun Designs.

Answer to what do I think of when I see teams like the All Americans, Dogz, Dynasty.. I think corporate sponsors. They shoot the guns they do because the have to. I sure as hell wouldnt be caught dead shooting any Angel (I hate them) or an impy.

*steps off soap-box*

Good guns under 700
-------------------
Used Classic timmy on crack ~ $700 with everything
used stock GZ ~ $700 gun only
used LED trix <-- must have bolt kit ~ not sure on $$
E-mag.. E-mag.. E-mag.. ~ $600+ is how much I see
Bushmaster ~ used Vapoized bushy with air would run about 600 with a nice barrel.. good deal to me.. good gun.. also fast.

_Spork_1
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
get a viking, sweet guns, i got mine with razor trigger(unholy trigger) and upped ROF for 600 w/ some other crap like the was switch and stuff, used of course, but my saying is "used is the best way to get the best stuff cheap"

great gun and i can go preety much a whole day on one fill

coolcatpete
07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
awsome is there any more suggestions

Jerhew
07-09-2003, 10:31 PM
dude i don't see too much a need for any more suggestions...
for $700 you can get a used, but probably very well taken care of...ANYTHING! basically...

me personally...
i'd go either:
used e-mag...no one could really screw it up that bad anyways...
or
used viking...have heard nothing but very high praise for the gun..in fact, i've never heard any harsh words at all about them(other than maybe the way it looks)
or
save a little more money and pick up a new emag

coolcatpete
07-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Posssibility, but I think I am set for now because I now have a ule body, intelliframe (hooked up to my revvy, x-valve, freak, a insane drop, fore grip, and it is in all black so it looks mad hot. So I think I am set for a while exept for my hopper because I was out shooting it.

FutureMagOwner
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
just to make something clear pros use what they get paid to use it can be a junk gun or a good gun and they would use it if they get paid enough

coolcatpete
07-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
just to make something clear pros use what they get paid to use it can be a junk gun or a good gun and they would use it if they get paid enough

great

cockermongol
07-10-2003, 10:17 PM

OK, while I generally agree that AGD is not the BEST company (again, my opinion) as I am a 100% autococker freak, I still must disagree with this statement. No team, no matter the level, would ever turn down a sponsorship. I can see it now... Agd: "Here's 5 fully decked out X-mags with warp feeds, halo hoppers, flatline tanks, and $5000 if you each wear an AGD patch for the World Cup." Team: "No we don't like AGD, and we refuse to accept your $10000+ in cash and equipment."

Not gonna happen dude...

FutureMagOwner
07-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by coolcatpete
great

im just point that out because people keep saying pros dont use this so dont get this and they use that so it must be the best.

recommend a used emag and if you get a good price you can pickup a nice preset nitro tank and or barrel or a halo

IceCool32
07-11-2003, 11:04 AM
You guys have yet to:

A.) Ask wheter he would prefer if he would like an electronic marker over a mechanical marker(or get an E-mag and have the best of both worlds)

B.) If he will be playing up front or in the back.

C.) If his price range would include nitro,tank,hopper,drop,etc.

Based upon the things I've given list to I'd say look for a used Rat Impulse, an E-mag, an Omen(with full freak even for $700 new), or a custom cocker of some kind.