PDA

View Full Version : OverKill????

Pvt.Opium
06-14-2003, 02:44 PM
I have a Black and Silver ULE Emag with a Revy. My first thought with my new paycheck was a warp and a Halo B. Then it hit me, is Force Feeding a Force Feeder over kill. What do you Guys think?

Crighton
06-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Put revy onto the warp feed. Overkill, man just think about the weight of the thing.

Pvt.Opium
06-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Thats what i was heading toward. The weight and also it wouldnt be the easiest thng to maintain that rate of fire.

rehme
06-14-2003, 03:08 PM
if you have vert. i would just get the halo.

CrazyLad
06-14-2003, 03:11 PM
yeah just put a rev on it

shartley
06-14-2003, 03:20 PM
I will be the voice of reality here……

Putting a Halo on a Warp is the OPTIMAL setup for a Warp Feed. It is not overkill.

Revys will only feed so fast, and will NEVER feed as fast as a Halo. That means that at best the warp feed will only be able to shoot sustained rates of fire that equal the speed of the slowest part of the setup… in this case, the loader. Bursts will be as fast as the Warp Feed will spin (given the marker can keep up), but once the balls in the warp are gone, it HAS to wait for the loader to fill it again.

Yes, Revys are great on Warps, but Halos are at this point the best thing to put on them.

As for weight… if you are that worried about weight you would not get a warp in the first place. LOL

As for just getting a Halo with vert feed…. that is great, but can you shoot it upside down, or at extreme angles? ;)

I think folks need to determine WHY they want the Warp in the first place, and then go from there.

But again…. No, putting a Halo on a Warp Feed is not overkill, it is optimal.

Pvt.Opium
06-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Ya that was my other veiw. I find myself in positions a number of times were i need to go from shooting left side of the bunker to the right. The warp feed is the way i am going to go, i am not worried about the weight. I will prob. end up going warp Revy and the Halo B Later so i can switch between the Warped Halo. a Warped Revy and a Vertical feed Halo. Thx guys,( Specially Shartley for being real :))

Peach
06-14-2003, 09:08 PM
I like an egg 2 with a cut down feed tube on a warp, you can make the warp hug your tank, pretty kewl.

magmonkey
06-15-2003, 08:03 AM
I have been asked a few times why I use a Halo on my warp

the #1 reason is because I will never ever have to deal

view loaders excuse for customer service again.

plus I realy don't feel that it is overkill, it is a really good combo that you will never out shoot and keeps your hopper safe from most shots

Nick O time
06-15-2003, 11:12 PM
I don't think it would be overkill to setup a halo on a warp. A revi mainly agitates balls and doesn't feed them that much faster than gravity, or at least that is what I have been told. I do think having a revvy would be fine though, it would be cheaper and since there would be a great enough ball stack I don't think you would be outshooting the revvy.

JAM
06-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Actually, with just the HALO on a vert feed, you CAN shoot it upside down and from extreme angles- the HALO always has (on my gun) around 6-7 balls locked in and under pressure.. granted that's not as many as can sit in a warp wheel, but it does an admiral job for snap shooting for weird angles..

ignatz
06-16-2003, 09:02 AM
I use an old 12V Revy on my Warped MicroE. I think the setup works great. Keep in mind that when attaching a Revy to a Warp, the Revy will feed faster than if the exact same Revy were attached directly to the marker. Why? The Warp doesn't have a breech that must open and close, therefore the Revy should be feeding at about 12+bps. The EMag (software 1.37) has a 9bps burst mode cap and a 13bps semi cap. IMHO the Revy can and does keep up. Its true that the Revy can't feed the warp when shooting from extreme angles or upside down (Do you really shoot upside down in a game? I fire upside down to empty the warp of the ~12 balls still in the tube at the end of the day.) but I find that I don't roll to 30+* or 270-* out of a bunker and fire for long periods of time without moving and any movement allows the revy to refill the Warp.

Another major advange, IMHO to running the Warp on the Emag is the ability to power the Warp from the EMag battery. I also run my 12V Revy off of the EMag battery as well. The 12V Revy uses 2 9V batteries so it has a built in voltage regulator and therefore you can attach power directly from the EMag battery. The Halo on the other hand runs on 6 AA batteries and if you wanted to run if off of the EMag battery you'd have to build a voltage regulator for Halo. This wouldn't be so bad since you have to build one for the Warp anyway, but I for one wouldn't want to go cutting up those expensive Halo shells.

I think the best advice since you already own the Revy is to use it until A> you outshoot it or B> you have a reason to upgrade it. If you take this approach, by the time you're ready to buy a Halo something better may be available or the Halo might just be much cheaper.