PDA

View Full Version : x-valve problem

brightman
06-14-2003, 05:09 PM
I just got my new x-valve from AGD. I installed it on my classic p/f mag and cant get it to fire. My tank output pressure is 800 psi. When I turn the air on the sear pin comes out like it is ready to go but when I pull the trigger I get nothing. I have turned the velocity all the up and all the way down and everywhere in between. I have tried ajusting the sear pin both out and in. I have lubed the valve with no luck. If you have any ideas as to what the problem might be please help me out.
thanks

Potatoboy
06-14-2003, 05:22 PM
You probably have to adjust the Level 10.

Follow the instructions on this site, or on the CD, and report back.

brightman
06-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Yea, I havent adjusted the lvl 10 yet but I would think (and thinking is typically my problem) that I would get some sort of response from the valve if it was the lvl 10. Like I said when I pull the trigger I get nothing. If anyone has had this problem and fixed it by adjusting the lvl 10 let me know.

Ghetto
06-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Which spring are you using? I had a similar problem with my Xvalve. Changed the springs and everything was golden.

GT
06-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Ghetto
Which spring are you using? I had a similar problem with my Xvalve. Changed the springs and everything was golden.

I believe he has tried all of the springs.

jb

brightman
06-14-2003, 07:46 PM
yea, tried all the springs....nothing

jaylock33
06-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Try to fire the gun without the barrel. Also make sure you have the rail bushing in place. The rail bushing is the small metal tube that runs from the grip to rail.

xatle
06-15-2003, 07:02 PM
make sure the weld at the front of the bolt doesnt prevent it from moving freely through the spring retainer ring inside the body.
after that i would switch to a larger o'ring carrier.
best luck.

brightman
06-20-2003, 03:52 AM
Ok, I put in a larger carrier and cranked the velocity all the way and got it to fire. After dry firing a couple of times I was able to back the velocity down a little bit. I will know how it is actually shotting this weekend but for now I am just glad that it is shooting. thanks for all the help.