PDA

View Full Version : Losing velocity during rapid fire.

jpgeorge
08-24-2001, 09:42 AM
I am shooting an AutoMag with CO2 and a small vertical expansion chamber.
If I pull the trigger too fast I can hear the pressure drop. It goes "POP" "POP" "SPUTTER" "SPUTTER" "cough" "cough" then if I wait a second and pull the trigger at about 2 pulls per second it is fine again.

------------------
Ciao
JPG

XspyX
08-24-2001, 09:47 AM
Replace your reg seat and buy an angled bottomline if you don't have on allready.

68 Mag
08-24-2001, 10:47 AM
Actually, I think it's just shootdown from using co2. Try borrowing a screw- in HPA or N2 tank to use before replacing things.

XspyX
08-24-2001, 12:04 PM
I doubt it, thats a reg seat problem. I've had that same thing happen to me alot, reg seat is the solution.

ZeroXtreme
08-25-2001, 10:34 AM
It could be caused by a number of reasons.

1. Your expansion chamber can't handle the load, especially if you are playing in cold weather.

2. You aren't releasing the trigger all the way, meaning you pull it again before it reaches it's full forward position. I've noticed that there has to be a sort of rhythm to fire a mag rapidly.

3. Your power tube oring needs a replacement.

Army
08-25-2001, 01:08 PM
Just Co2 freeze-up is all. Slow down your rate of fire to 3-5 a second, long strings can't be done with Co2. You can get a larger expando and/or a remote to alleviate most of this problem. The Palmers Stabilizer is a good alterative to an expando, as it was designed to keep liquid out of your gun.

Good luck!

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif Got Elves?