PDA

View Full Version : Is half black shell paint bad for my Halo?

Frank (the spank)
06-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Damn.. what a bad day of paintball today. First game I get maybe 20 shots and the batteries in my Halo die.. it was loaded with those expensive batteries and I only used it for 3 games.. oh well.. had more batteries but now I see why they have that "rip drive" for the Halo.

Then next game I get shot at the perfect angl,e on the grip of my eMag and got paint EVERYWHERE inside the grip of my E-Mag, all on the circut board on the inside of the grip.. everywhere.. I'll have to take my whole grip frame apart clean it completly.

Then back to the Halo.. with fresh batteries I play a few games, I then notice the motor in my Halo will not stop grinding. I would shake it, smack it, nothing.. it would just run.. I turned it off and then back on and same thing. I shot a string of paint and it stopped.. this happened all day. I am not sure if it does it with other color paint.

Well, is it possible it was my paint? I got new half Black shell and half hot pink.. could that mess with the Halo? Maybe it thinks the stack is moving because the mix of bright pink and black? First time it has done this and first time I have used black shell paint.

Thanks for any input :)

BlackVCG
06-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Do NOT use black shelled paint in HALOs.

I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I started the day shooting Team Colors New Orleans (Gold/Black) and the second game the motor fried. My friends brand new HALO popped the transistor off the board that same day.

I'm sure it had more to do with the high levels of heat that day, but I will never use half black shell paint again.

Also, were you using the Energizer Lithium batteries? If they went dead on you, check the voltage of each battery. You might have one dead cell.

Miscue
06-15-2003, 02:19 AM
Hurrm?

Frank (the spank)
06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
I think it's because a lot of loaders have an eye that detects if there is a ball in the stack and then turns the motor until one is there.

Well with the Halo it detects movement in the stack, not if there is a ball in the stack. With one side of the shell black and the other a bright pink.. I bet the Halo looked at two different sides of the stack and saw such a contrast in colors that it may have thought the stack was moving.

This was the first time I have used half black shelled paint, and so far it drained my batteries and the motor constantly spun while I was just holding my gun in the staging area.

Frank (the spank)
06-15-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm a retard.... this is from the Halo FAQ ( http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halofaq.html )

Q- What paint can I use?

A- So far, the only paint we found that won't work with the HALO is black shelled, or half black shelled paint. The sensor is unable to detect the black shell due to it's IR absorbency

Well that answers it.. lol

Uh... anyone wanna buy two fresh bags of Blaze half black shell with pink fill? hehehehe