PDA

View Full Version : Taking a paintball(s) to the head?

AcemanPB
06-14-2003, 11:45 PM
I played some paintball today and had alot of fun. Towards the end of the day I was playing the snake and thanks to the lack of cover my back men were giving me someone bunkered me and I took quite a few shoots to the top of my head from point blank. I wasn't wearing a hat or anything and it hurt pretty bad. When I got hit those few times everything sort of dimmed out and I got pretty dizzy. It took me a few seconds before I could stand up good. After that I didn't think much about it besides the fact it hurt like a *****. Now I'm sitting here a few hours with me head starting to hurt really bad (and now I have a huge lump on my head too). I'm usually pretty cautious about head injuries and I'm sure atleast one of you have taken a few shots to the head from up close.

Is this something I should get checked out? I mean I tried taking some asprin but I can't get my head to stop hurting.

Automaggin2
06-14-2003, 11:48 PM
I think you CAN get a concussion from it, but its unlikely. I have takin some nasty head shots that left my head bleeding. I have had blood running down my face once. Not cool. It will hurt for a while.

BTAutoMag
06-14-2003, 11:50 PM
some guy flanked me and shot me in the temple from behind me 3 feet away. after about 10 min after the game they fianly relised i wasnt around... the paintball knoked me uncontios for a good 10-15 min. i never want that to hapen again

ratmonkey
06-15-2003, 12:01 AM
got shot in the kidney point blank, that wasn't fun.

Brak
06-15-2003, 12:02 AM
its probably just a really bad hit to the head. im doubtful that you have anything serious, even a concussion. ive smashed my head resulting in 12 stitches and i didnt get a concussion, and that was right on my forehead.

just ice it if apsrin doesnt work

painball
06-15-2003, 12:11 AM
try playin a tourney, get shot 3 times in the head the first game you play from 20ft away, then get bonus balled one or two more times to the head again.

that happened to me 2 weeks ago at the kansas city tourney on saturday. what a great way to start off the day. I was still half asleep and let a guy to the 50 when i was on the 40 totally exposed to him.

AcemanPB
06-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by painball
try playin a tourney, get shot 3 times in the head the first game you play from 20ft away, then get bonus balled one or two more times to the head again.

that happened to me 2 weeks ago at the kansas city tourney on saturday. what a great way to start off the day. I was still half asleep and let a guy to the 50 when i was on the 40 totally exposed to him.

Yeah I took about four to the head pretty much point blank.

I get shot in the head alot but never has the pain come back and start hurting later in the day this bad so I was a little worried. I guess I'll try to go to sleep and see if I feel better in the morning.

Fatjon
06-15-2003, 09:36 AM
I didnt see that happen. Well i guess if worse and it dont stop hurting go to the doctor and get it checked out.

-Jôker-
06-15-2003, 10:06 AM
if you that worried go get it checked out get some xrays make sure theres no internal bleeding etc and at best leave with knowing nothings seriously wrong and some medication to help with the pain

AcemanPB
06-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Fatjon
I didnt see that happen. Well i guess if worse and it dont stop hurting go to the doctor and get it checked out.

It was one of the last games of the day on the plastic field. My head feels alright now, still hurts a little bit. I was just making sure because I'm a little cautious about head injuries.

WicKeD_WaYz
06-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
some guy flanked me and shot me in the temple from behind me 3 feet away. after about 10 min after the game they fianly relised i wasnt around... the paintball knoked me uncontios for a good 10-15 min. i never want that to hapen again

umm...your mask doesnt cover your temple?:confused:

personman
06-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Yea I got shot in the head multiple times on my first day of play, and I remember it sort of going away, but then it came back. Its fine dude, or atleast I hope it is, take some asprin like Brak said.

Jazzman
06-15-2003, 02:09 PM
If you still have a headache tomorrow, think about getting it checked out. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with. Better yet, if you know anyone who is an EMT or a first responder, have them look you over.

I can understand how it's easy to get shot in the head accidentaly, but it really bothers me that people can't take the extra .125 seconds to aim for the pack when bunkering someone from behind. Especially in rec games.

SlipknotX556
06-15-2003, 02:40 PM
Taking a few shots to the head can be very painful, in some cases not allow you to get up for a few seconds to a few minutes.

I took about 3-4 right on the top of my head and it took about 2 mintues before I could stand and regain my balance. It also can get you very dizzy and have fuzzy site. Thats why I now wear a hat, or hat and du rag whenever I play.

For people that have been shot in the head point blank, you think it hurts so much, try and think of how much pain the guy that lasoya shot in the head about 12 times must have felt.

Sparq
06-15-2003, 07:18 PM
That guy got knocked out, didn't he?

I took one in the back of the head during a rec game last year....from a team mate. Probably wouldn't have been too bad if it weren't for the fact that I got hit in the head with a bottle of cooler a couple days before when our van went off the highway. As it was, it was the second most paintful hit I ever took, and the pain/bruise lasts for days, unlike most other hits.

GT
06-15-2003, 07:20 PM
I have been shot in the head a few times, but shot once right on my right ball. It wasnt a direct hit but a skim. I dropped so fast, BTW I hate woods ball now.

jb