PDA

View Full Version : smart parts tear drop, or lapco big shot

Omicron
08-25-2001, 03:39 PM
which is better for distance and accuracy (first accuracy then distance) which one is more expensive? which is more worth it?

thanks

Omicron
08-25-2001, 03:45 PM
smart parts tear drop, smart parts all american tear drop, or lapco bigshot

Xugg'420
08-25-2001, 03:56 PM
I love my Bigshot Aluminum on my mag, its the best barrels you can get for the money! Mine only cost me 50$ and it outperforms all my other barrels, Dye SS 12" 14" and J&J Ceramic. In the LAPCO's you will not find porting over huge lengths of barrel. No two stage barrels. No ceramic. No "teflon-impregnated" coatings. Colin Thompson(founder of lapco paintball products) doesn’t follow the latest fad. He’s stuck with the features that have made his barrels successful all along.

LAPCO barrels are come in 12" lengths (that’s it!) and have consistent IDs down their entire lengths. Forty eight tightly spaced holes cluster near the end of the barrel to vent excess pressure just before the ball is released. Clustering the ports at the very end of the barrel makes for a very efficient, but also very loud barrel. The very end of the barrel has a large, stepped out "laminar flow chamber" which Colin claims helps stabilize the ball in flight just as it exits.

If you dont mind a little extra noise, spending 50$ for a barrel and getting the best quality shooting barrel, I recommend LAPCO Bigshot for large paint/Autospirit for small paint!

Yama
08-25-2001, 04:14 PM
LAPCO BIGSHOTS are awsome. the best barrel i have ever owned

Army
08-25-2001, 04:34 PM
Just so you don't fall into the "speed trap", accuracy is solely dependant on the paint to barrel match. Distance is solely dependant on muzzle speed, variances in paint notwithstanding.

------------------
http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/linkcoolMIR.gif Got Elves?