PDA

View Full Version : Warpig article on HPA and ATA airline

aaron_mag
06-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Here is a link to the new warpig story...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/061103_atanohpa.shtml

I've been worried about this as they install new equipment into airports. This appears to be one airline only. Anyone else have any recent problems with other airlines?

yeahthatsme
06-15-2003, 12:37 AM
been posted already! search my friend search!

anyways, i think that thats over kill. theres no danger from an empty co2 or hpa tank

Richter
06-15-2003, 01:39 AM
United Airlines; 2000 world cup on the way back home. I had to spend another night in orlando because i missed my plane. I will never fly united airlines ever again; i don't care how cheap thier tickets could be in the future. In my opinion the people of United are lazy and uneducated about thier jobs.

The quote from them after they ask what was in the tote: "Paintball, you have co2 cartridges"

ahh what a hellish experience; don't fly united:
Best airline i have seen is Southwest: they seem the most understanding and educated and they usually actualy want to help you

aaron_mag
06-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
been posted already! search my friend search!

anyways, i think that thats over kill. theres no danger from an empty co2 or hpa tank

Uhhhh I searched for threads relating to the warpig article and came up with nothing but this thread. Airline security is a constant changing thing (I travel alot for business) and sometimes I want to take the marker along to play.

From Bill Mills article
Players planning to travel by air are advised to check with their airline in advance to make sure all of their equipment can be transported. Due to changes in Transportation Safety Administration policy this year, all checked luggage as well as carry on is inspected by X-Ray, and possible hand search.

When I saw these machines being installed at PDX (Portland International Airport) I started wondering what the long term effects would be on traveling with your marker. Just wondering what other airlines people have had recent trouble with...