PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 03 Shocker in Action (this is not BS or a Joke)

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Ok, I know a LOT of people have been salivating for new 03 Shocker news/pics. So I present to you this link: click (http://www.paintballchannel.com/browse.php?mod=article&opt=view&id=250&style=details)

Here's a teaser pic :D:
http://www.paintballchannel.com/gallery/data/551/1DSC01797.JPG?6304

IMO, the marker looks beautiful, even though it's only slightly different than the original prototype pics (looks like they changed the foregrip). What I'm really waiting for is the video they say they're going to post tomorrow (!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

breg
06-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Interesting. It looks good, but is it just me or does the 03 Shocker look a lot like the X-Mag?

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by breg
but is it just me or does the 03 Shocker look a lot like the X-Mag? Ok, ok guys, lets not bring this up again. Last time there was an 03 Shocker discussion, it seems that everyone had to share they thought it looked like an X-Mag. Yeah, I also think it does to an extant, but it's not worth making a post over. So if the only reason you're going to post is to say something like "OMG, looks like SP is copying AGD," then just try and hold your tounge, K?:D

We all realize the similarity, but I'm still very interested to learn where SP is heading with this gun.

SlipknotX556
06-15-2003, 01:04 AM
I dont gotta wait very long to see these things in person and action.

Smart Parts will give them to Strange before they re-lease them to the public, I see strange every time I got balling. :)

God how I love having local pros, we also have fast mike from Aftershock living close by. :D

rehme
06-15-2003, 01:05 AM
man i looks like a X mag!!! :D

man i want to watch the video :mad:

SaS
06-15-2003, 01:07 AM
that's the thing about single tube designs..... they all kinda look the same

SlipknotX556
06-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Wait a minute, I think I know what field that is.

It could be Static, its about 3 hours from me, I will have to check with Marc Davis, to see if he knew what was going down.

JT2002
06-15-2003, 01:17 AM
so whats goin on with this now? man 2:15 am, come to AO for a year and my life runs away from me, COME BACK!!

breg
06-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Sorry about bringing up the similarities in looks. But, it does look great. But, I'd like some specs on it. You know, BPS, CPS, how many shots it gets off a fill, etc.

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by breg
Sorry about bringing up the similarities in looks. But, it does look great. But, I'd like some specs on it. You know, BPS, CPS, how many shots it gets off a fill, etc.
I think everyone wants to know the specs right now.:D :cool: Hopefully the video will give us some info, I'm dying to see how this thing shoots.

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 01:36 AM
:D

JT2002
06-15-2003, 01:39 AM
OMG STOP IT!!!!! if u keep makin me dr00l like this im gonna end up frying my keyboard and compy all in 1

Halo2x
06-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Wow, if it works as good as it looks then i might have to dump my Emag! But dont worry ill still have my trusty oll mini mag for back up :)

Benfica4ever
06-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Looks good
Cant wait for the video:D

FalconGuy016
06-15-2003, 08:40 AM
I know someone who tested the shocker and he was dissapointed.

He said it was NOT a closed bolt design
The trigger was only 2 way
And it was capped at 19 bps

I have faith in him telling the truth because he gets to do things like this all the time...

coolcatpete
06-15-2003, 09:16 AM
So has anyone heard of where you can get these? Also how much are they going to be? How long of wait for them? Thank you

_Spork_1
06-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I know someone who tested the shocker and he was dissapointed.

He said it was NOT a closed bolt design
The trigger was only 2 way
And it was capped at 19 bps

I have faith in him telling the truth because he gets to do things like this all the time...

did he also tell you to buy a timmy?........who was it? i might know him.

It looks ok, but why is that guy shooting an all american, he's testing the new shocker so he's obviously hooked up, he should at least get a freak to play around with......

(all americans are good barrels though)

i don't think i'm going to even consider buying this gun, don't see a need as my viking friggen rips like no other guni've ever shot.

TNS2k2
06-15-2003, 01:51 PM
SP heard the whiners, and the '03 shocker is closed bolt, it is capped at 20 i hear, and the ACE is not ready yet. neither is the '03 Maxflow. they are sending out the shockers last week of June. Vision boards are going to take another month or 2.

thats all i know really, and i cant wait to see this Video....

oh and the doctor said, if i dont stop drooling, i will de-hydrate so knock it off!! :p :D

personman
06-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Eeeew its ugly.. I dont think it looks like the Xmag...
Bah I wish it would come out already so people would stop posting threads on it.

GT
06-15-2003, 01:54 PM
this sounds awful, but I really just dont care. Its going to be another hyped up gun that every kid wants, yipee a new fad.

jb

_Spork_1
06-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
this sounds awful, but I really just dont care. Its going to be another hyped up gun that every kid wants, yipee a new fad.

jb

i don't think this is going to topple the timmy fad that's going on right now.

TigerMan
06-15-2003, 02:28 PM
I can't wait till it gets out to see how it stacks up. I've always be a fan of Smart Parts products (along with AGD too :D)so I'm anxious to see how it is. Granted though I'm not using a marker from either company, there still two of my favorite companies. And I really like the looks, the prototype looked really cool, and that was just the original design so it will most likely get better looks as it develops.

TigerMan
06-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by _Spork_1

i don't think this is going to topple the timmy fad that's going on right now.

If teams that use it start winning, it can. That's how the whole Timmy fad got started in the first place.

dcmander
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
I do think its interesting that people are so quick to SAY (not sure if they mean it) that they will "dump their emag" for the new gun when it hasn't even been reviewed.

I guess its good that I'm very happy with my gun. :)

WARPED1
06-15-2003, 03:24 PM
"Undisclosed location in Florida" would be Space Coast PB in Titusville, owned by Frank Connel of the All Americans.:D

oneshot
06-15-2003, 03:30 PM
got to love hype,

it looks interesting.

FalconGuy016
06-15-2003, 03:42 PM
He is a member on team chaos sponsored by evil

What I know he likes are all of the best IR3s, orracles, xmags (any kind of mag for that matter), and impulses.

edit: Hey, the video is up
edit2: I love how he is shooting like single shots the whole movie... lol really shows the poteintial of the gun. At the end I can shoot that fast with my stock valve mag

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Hm, well I watched the video. Needless to say, I was underwhelmed. Upon watching the tail end of the video, they just had one guy shoot it a a fixed target. He didn't appear to be shooting too fast (although is the beginning of the vid, the All American ripped off a very fast string with it on the break), and I noticed the gun had some kick to it. It sounds like a Matrix crossed with a Mag (the shots that is).

i like tictacs
06-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I personally think it's downright...hideous...

JT2002
06-15-2003, 03:54 PM
yeah im not very impressed either. i heard more of teh impys and timmys shooting faster then that shocker ever came close to, even though he didnt really even shoot it that fast much. and at the end of teh vid i again was fairly dissapointed with it. they need to get a vid of someone who can really rip on that thing to at least attempt to show if its even decent.

so, now that this heap is out, what about that nerve? :D :rolleyes: ;) :D

_Spork_1
06-15-2003, 04:07 PM
the shocktech timmy guy sure can shoot!

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 04:16 PM
They just need to get a closer up video of someone who can shoot it right. Because in the beginning of the vid, the All A really shot an extremely fast string of paint with it. The only problem is throughout the whole vid, that was the only chance we got to see it's potential.

oneshot
06-15-2003, 04:18 PM
THe vid is cool, the guy kind of rips off the break, why did the guy barely shoot at all the entire game other than the break. kind of funny.

at least there is proof of a working gun.

got to love the guy behind him ripping with the timmy.

"i don't think this is going to topple the timmy fad that's going on right now" , not with vids like this of people just ripping with timmys.

"Also how much are they going to be", believe it is going to be around 900ish.

logamus
06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
well, it looks better than the old shocker. as far as it being capped at 19-20 bps, how many people will that really affect? prolly not very many.

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 04:37 PM
LOL, yeah. The guy ripping it up with the Timmy is pretty funny, but atleast we know this gun IS fast. It's just that they only showed t going really fast for a small segment of the video. As far as price, I've heard everything from $650 all the way up to $1100.

minimag187
06-15-2003, 04:48 PM
$750 non vision, $875 for vision. The first batch will be 300 and they will be black, thats what I read from a site.

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Here's the article from www.paintballchannel.com:

Being a lifelong advocate of the Shocker, and Smart Parts in general, I was eagerly waiting the release of the '03 version of the gun that I love and use.

Then the rumors started.

"It was going to be open bolt"

"It has been delayed due to major manufacturing defects"

"It will be a high pressure gun ala the Angel"

Well, all these rumors I took in stride, and my anticipation dropped only a little. and on Saturday, June 14th, I got to hold and shoot what I have been waiting so long for.

A side by side comparison to the old Shocker is not even feasable. The guns are totaly diffrent, and the only thing the '03 has in common with its predecessor is the name alone. The '03 is light, so light in fact, I was shocked (pun intended) at how something so light could be so sturdy. There is no "this is cheap" feel to this gun. All the lines are smooth, all the parts are solid and I would not be afraid that it would break if it fell to a cement floor. this gun is solid, but light.

To say the words "trigger pull" would do this gun an injustice. The trigger does not move more than a micron of an inch, and it is fast. Let me reitterate this...this gun is FAST! It's lightning fast, and dosent miss a beat. I have never had a fast trigger finger, but good god almighty, this gun ROCKS! You could put out a rope of paint without a care. I used this gun ONE game, and I went through ALL my pods. That is something I have not done in years. Not only is it fast, this gun is fun!

On the accuracy department, it outshines almost all other guns I shot. I feel that the old Shocker still holds an edge on the accuracy competition, but the rate of fire diffrence between the two guns is astronomical. If I put my shocker on turbo, hooked it up to a machine, and let it rip, the new shocker would just embarrass it. In a side by side competition, the gun beat out many other guns there this weekend in accuracy, so the change off from the old Shocker to the new one is well worth it.

To allay some fears that I have heard mentioned, this gun uses the standard low pressure it's predecessor is famous for, so broken balls are almost non-exsistant. It looks really nice, and draws attention (at least now it does). It will be available with the Vision system, and many other extras. The only question I wished I asked was "does the old shocker barrels fit it?" Owning 11 barrels, that question is important to me!

Anyway, Hold your breath, cause when this gun gets released to the general public, it will make quite a splash in both tourney and rec ball. After this, we get to look forward to the new NERVE paintball gun. Whatever happens, noone can say that Smart Parts is sitting back on their haunches.

I Just cant wait to see what they come up with next!

And special thanks to Frank Connell of the Philidelphia Americans. You quite simply are the best. Period.

They also put up the MP3 interview with Frank Connell.

robert heatwole
06-15-2003, 07:40 PM
me want!!!!!!!!

minimag187
06-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Ill be plenty happy with my freeflow matrix :D I do admit the shocker is cheaper, but I am in love with matrixes. Matrixes (or matrices but I hate that sound) are very fast, quiet, accurate (almost no kick), can take apart the whole gun basically with your hands, and even lower pressure than a 03 shocker (lower than 100psi I do know that, and some down to 50psi). Again the 03 shocker does look like a good deal for the price, I was about to get one.

theraidenproject
06-15-2003, 07:55 PM

FalconGuy016
06-15-2003, 08:03 PM
lol... I know raiden, me too. At first (before video viewing) I stopped being serious with the guy at the accuracy paragraph, but that soon expanded into the speed paragraph once I saw the video and the... tremendous... speeds he was shooting

crankydan
06-15-2003, 08:19 PM
I watched the video, and I wasnt impressed with any speed. The guy shooting during the game looked like he was sleeping. That last part(when the guy was so called ripping), I cant get better strings off with a Spyder. I dont like that SP said "release late spring", more like late summer! Just my 2 cents.

*ArKfEaR*
06-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Whenever i sell my gun ill probably end up getting one of those in black.

Just get a full freak, evo II, and throw on my angel air.

jinxed
06-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Then the rumors started....

I thought the biggest rumor was that the '03 patent looked just like the Mayhem patent.

Oh wait.. that wasn't a rumor.

-Nick

Grasshopper
06-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
so, now that this heap is out, what about that nerve? :D :rolleyes: ;) :D
What I don't understand about that Nerve, is why there is that huge reflector on the back of the gun.

That shcoker doesn't look very pretty. The video was dissapointing. We'll see when it comes out, though.

wobbles82
06-17-2003, 09:14 PM
I agree Raiden, I read that a few days ago and was like.....well if the magicians at SP can control laws of physics and such then they can come and fix my pants..ok back on track. It sounds sad that the guy is saying that it is more accurate than a gun on the edge, but point is that video was a bad idea, he doesn't seem to be able to rip...or at least I and tons of others aren't seeing it. All the waiting and so far no showing for it, I just hope SP can kill this Timmy fad :D jp Slip dont low pressure bunker me or something.

Adrenaline0520
06-18-2003, 01:29 AM
I always get a laugh about this hype thing with the shocker being more accurate than any other gun because it is closed bolt, same with an autococker and I own one!:) They have done proved with the same exact setup that an open bolt has no significant "worse accuracy" than a closed bolt, so his gun being closed bolt will make it no more accurate than an E-mag with cocker threading (ULE) and the same setup. As for lower pressure, that doesnt really matter as long as a gun doesn't chop any hardly at all (ahem LVLX). As for speed, it is basically same speed or less than any other electro in it's price range(Bushmaster, E-mag, Timmy, etc.). The only thing it has better is the light weight, thats it from what I see. We still dont know if they have fixed the gas efficiency problem and maintenance problem from the old shocker, so what makes this 03 Shocker so special?

Frank (the spank)
06-18-2003, 01:59 AM
You guys see the NEW video of some dude walking and fanning the trigger?

http://www.paintballchannel.com/video/03shocker/shocker2.mov

Not bad, looks like a sweet trigger pull.

MarkM
06-18-2003, 06:20 AM
The link above is a quicktime movie and you have to rightclick and save target as and then open in media player but then allow/tell media player to play the alledged unreconised format..anyhow enough of that ;)

Go here http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20001 same basic info (although it was posted a little bit before this thread was started) at least there the people who made the vids have answered and not left you all to your own devices so there is more inside info than the rumours in this thread. Oh and no talk of Timmys AFAIR ;)

beefstew
06-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TNS2k2
SP heard the whiners, and the '03 shocker is closed bolt, it is capped at 20 i hear, and the ACE is not ready yet. neither is the '03 Maxflow. they are sending out the shockers last week of June. Vision boards are going to take another month or 2.

thats all i know really, and i cant wait to see this Video....

oh and the doctor said, if i dont stop drooling, i will de-hydrate so knock it off!! :p :D

No, It is an open bolt blow forward design, similar to the mag.
Capped at 18.5BPS
And Weighs a little more than a stock pulse.
Phil

TNS2k2
06-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Beefstew...
I took this directly from the HSW website....

Originally said on the Hypersports website
This is the latest word from Smart Parts: The new Shocker .03 WILL BE closed bolt! SP has heard our cries and has relented.

here is the link if you are still questionable.
http://www.hypersportworks.com/mainframe.htm

Evil Bob
06-19-2003, 03:09 PM
You guys are getting overly worked up for nothing. Right now it's mostly hype and rumour, you won't know what is for real until we see some honest reviews of it, which should be out in the next couple of weeks. Until then, sit back and relax. You will know the truth shortly.

-Evil Bob

Jonno06
06-19-2003, 04:15 PM
i think that gun ir horribly ugly.

i hate it..i dont believe anything SP says..

that gun shouldnt even be called a shocker..

Ov3rmind
06-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by beefstew

No, It is an open bolt blow forward design, similar to the mag.
Capped at 18.5BPS
And Weighs a little more than a stock pulse.
Phil
No one knows what it's true operation is yet, so don't go around making your guesses out to be facts. They said when they tested the gun, they weren't even allowed to take off the hopper to look down the feedtube. It also weighs a lot less than a stock Impulse from what the review said (just about at the 2 lb mark). And seeing as how we know the reviewer shot it, I'll take his word for it over yours.

Daroach
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
sorry guys, but that video is really disappointing, i can EASILY rip my Xmag faster then that guy did with his shocker.

I am not impressed.

MrAirgunRT
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
I hope these are at IAO, so I can shoot one :)

56kSomeGuy
06-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok after seeing the video i was not as impressed, It's sounds as loud as a mag befor the vid i thought it would be as quiet as the orgional shocker(only hear a clicking sound.

(also wow i haven't been on ao for 2 days and a lot of changes happend!)

Ultimator
06-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Um, sorry, but all you guys saying that the shocker isn't fast must not realize that how fast you can shoot a gun depends on YOU. Just because these guys can't shoot it fast doesn't mean no one else can.

:rolleyes:

Ov3rmind
06-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Um, sorry, but all you guys saying that the shocker isn't fast must not realize that how fast you can shoot a gun depends on YOU. Just because these guys can't shoot it fast doesn't mean no one else can.

:rolleyes:
I agree. Watch the second video, although he isn't firing fast, the trigger looks sweet as pie (when they do the closeup).

ShowTime
06-19-2003, 07:26 PM
i try to d/l the 2nd video and it telss me that my quicktime cant reconize is there any version in like real player or anything else for that matter?

TNS2k2
06-19-2003, 07:29 PM
go to www.paintballchannel.com and then go to the shocker part. and it says to get the URL, then copy that into the find URL option under File, on windows media player. that is what i did, or just try to copy that URL, and paste it in the same option on Windows Media Player.

minimag187
06-19-2003, 07:30 PM
Click on the link and when it goes to the broken page copy that URL and then go into your player and paste the url in "open url" and then it should work.edit-TNS beat me to it.

lack of grace
06-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
IMO, the marker looks beautiful, even though it's only slightly different than the original prototype pics (looks like they changed the foregrip). What I'm really waiting for is the video they say they're going to post tomorrow (!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

That is actually the new mini inline maxflow reg.

ShowTime
06-20-2003, 12:43 AM
i was also not impressed by that video... they could of atleast gave it to someone that can actually shot faster then 10bps if it even was that.

did they keep it open or closed bolt?

Blazestorm
06-20-2003, 01:31 AM
take a good barrel, say a scepter or pipe, put it on the sypder, and use whatever paint, say marbs. Than you take a cocker and use the same barrel and paint. The cocker will be more accurate. It's the design of how the gun propels the ball. People who think only the barrel and paint make the accuracy... are... STUPID. They are the main factors, but design, amount of air, pressure of air, air flow, type of bolt, material of bolt, ball detent. All play a role in accuracy. A ball detent could be pushing too hard on the ball and warp it in the breech, a metal bolt with oil on it to lubricate the o-rings could get the ball oily and the barrel dirty. But none the less, whatever gun you have, my cocker will always shoot you before you shoot me.

Ov3rmind
06-20-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by lack of grace

That is actually the new mini inline maxflow reg.
LOL, so they were running the gun on dual Max-Flows (the Max-Flow Tank)? Must've been damn consistant.

Blazestorm
06-20-2003, 01:45 AM
I would expect shootdown, maxflows are complex :D :p

JT2002
06-20-2003, 07:49 AM
oh lordy here come the cocker experts.:rolleyes: :D

xadamx
06-20-2003, 09:12 AM
nothing is as good as a cocker right blazestorm... nothing with ever work well enough when compaired the almighty cocker... :rolleyes:

Blazestorm
06-20-2003, 06:13 PM
tru dat :D

oneshot
06-20-2003, 10:46 PM
held a 2003 shocker today at chi town psp, looks nice, trigger was nice, practicaly felt just like a I-frame on a imp, the gun is balenced some what diffenently than normal guns. looks like a tube and the back looks like it has a matrix bolt kit stuck in it, like with the back plate off.

was very light.

but,,,had broken paint in the breech, some one was chopin with it.

still think it is interesting, can't wait to shoot one.

and cockers are awesome,

Frank (the spank)
06-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Whatever gun I recetly purchased for $1000 is better than any other gun.

I think we can all agree...

:cool:

Ov3rmind
06-21-2003, 02:16 AM
So wait, SP is showing them off at Chi Town?

p8ntballsnowman
06-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
take a good barrel, say a scepter or pipe, put it on the sypder, and use whatever paint, say marbs. Than you take a cocker and use the same barrel and paint. The cocker will be more accurate. It's the design of how the gun propels the ball. People who think only the barrel and paint make the accuracy... are... STUPID. They are the main factors, but design, amount of air, pressure of air, air flow, type of bolt, material of bolt, ball detent. All play a role in accuracy. A ball detent could be pushing too hard on the ball and warp it in the breech, a metal bolt with oil on it to lubricate the o-rings could get the ball oily and the barrel dirty. But none the less, whatever gun you have, my cocker will always shoot you before you shoot me.

I hope ur joking. Its been proven countless times

Blazestorm
06-23-2003, 12:02 AM
those "tests" were bull**** I've done tests of my own, and allthough they were perfectly scientific, with the same chrono readings the cocker shot around 20 feet farther and had much tighter groupings (same barrel, dye boomstick, same boresize same paint Fresh Evil)

Why do pistols shoot around 100 feet with the same velocity? It's the design. :p

JT2002
06-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Blazestorm
Why do pistols shoot around 100 feet with the same velocity? It's the design. :p

because most only have maybey a 4 inch barrel in which to build up pressure to create the speed, and also because they are a small shell which means there is a much smaller explosion compared to say a 5.6mm m4 or ak or other shell. and how do u know that a rifel shoots the same velocity as pistol does? a pistol is designed for close combat, a rifel is designed for longer range and accuracy , meanwhile that accuracy suffers due to things like semi/ full auto shooting, and then the sniper rifel is made for long distance and great accuracy, but you can only take one shot before needing to manually recock the gun, and snipers generally have a a longer barrel than rifels, as well as have a scope for more accuracy. yet, all of those factors do absolutely nothing to prove that a cocker shoots farther. a flatline barrel shoots farther than your cocker does, just like its designed to. and regardless of what it is, it does what its supposed to, shoot farther than any other gun. so really the moral of teh essay :rolleyes: is that you have no argument, and NO tests will be accurate, reliable tests until some VERY unbiased company conducts them under very strict guidelines.

Blazestorm
06-23-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm talking paintball pistol buddy. :p

JT2002
06-23-2003, 12:59 AM
ok, but then u just said all pball pistols shoot around 100 ft with same velocity. which only contradicts your argument that your cocker shoots farther than other paintball guns even at same velocity, so wtf r u talking bout?
:confused: :rolleyes: :D

JKW
06-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Ov3rmind,
Yes, there were two at the trailer available to hold and look over. I took a couple of pics but did not bother to have them pull one down for me. The Philly All As were running two in the NXL games being played.

Ov3rmind
06-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by JKW
Ov3rmind,
Yes, there were two at the trailer available to hold and look over. I took a couple of pics but did not bother to have them pull one down for me. The Philly All As were running two in the NXL games being played.
Yeah, I saw some pics of them today on IOG and Paintball.com. I am really digging the red one with black accents, really hot.