PDA

View Full Version : Are the Dye single or double triggers good?

Yama
08-23-2001, 09:34 PM
Are ther dye double and single triggers any better than the stock automag frame??? do they give u more bps??? or even an easier pull????

Tunaman
08-24-2001, 04:23 AM
I love the Dye frames. You may have to tinker around with them a little, as with every other aftermarket gripframe. I am pretty good with these frames, so if you need one or need help just let me know.

crm
08-24-2001, 06:34 AM
yes!! tunaman is the bomb when it comes to DYE frames...he hooked me up with a nice setup and it works like a charm (very nice price too http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif ) IOW, what he said is the truth. dont hesitate to get one from him...

Yama
08-24-2001, 06:36 AM
do u have any dye frames that u r selling Truman???

XspyX
08-24-2001, 09:52 AM
I noticed when I picked up my Dye 1x ( Tunaman ) that the comfort level of holding my gun increased. It was a lot more pleasing to hold. The grip and grips have more meat to them and feel more solid.

Didn't change my trigger any, just comfort.

------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Automag P/F - Chrome
Chrome Dye 1x Frame
14" SS AA Barrel
18" Boomstick :)
My Mag Pic's (http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=217944&uid=52876&members=1)

Thats all you need to know

Tunaman
08-24-2001, 01:07 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Yama:
do u have any dye frames that u r selling Truman???</font>Check your mail...can't do this here. Thanks

Bub3814
08-24-2001, 01:08 PM
an AGD tech (forgot who) told me not to get Dye frames, because they were not made to AGD's specs for grip frames...I had a dye frames and all I got was trouble, but then again I didn't tinker with the rod length (it was set to factory length) bought a Benchmark frame, and it works fine...

------------------
~Bub~

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
-Dizzy Dean

Tunaman
08-24-2001, 02:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bub3814:
an AGD tech (forgot who) told me not to get Dye frames, because they were not made to AGD's specs for grip frames...I had a dye frames and all I got was trouble, but then again I didn't tinker with the rod length (it was set to factory length) bought a Benchmark frame, and it works fine...

</font>
sounds like a load of bull to me. I never touch the trigger rods EVER, and the majority of them work just fine. The only problem I have come ever across is that sometimes the triggers are too long and the back of the trigger must be ground down a little. Takes all of 5 minutes to fix.

Bub3814
08-24-2001, 03:04 PM
I am simply telling you what the tech told me...

------------------
~Bub~

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
-Dizzy Dean

Blue 88
08-25-2001, 06:55 PM
Mine works awesome. I have a DYE 2x in chrome, no safety but I don't think its worth the effort to put one in. I did file down my trigger a tad, but it wasn't completely necessary. The dye frame retains the same pivot point on the trigger as a standard mag frame, whereas the benchmark is changed. That means that the benchmark gives a longer, and slightly softer trigger stroke that makes it easy to short stroke, while the dye frame is the same as stock giving a shorter and crisper pull than the benchmark.

[This message has been edited by Blue 88 (edited 08-25-2001).]

Yama
08-25-2001, 07:00 PM
did any of u have like frames that did not work, but u fixed them to make them work????