PDA

View Full Version : What do you glue ur foamie bolt in with!!??!

DyNasTy
06-15-2003, 09:21 AM
I tryed clear locktight *flew out the end of barrel*
I tryed clear locktight again, flew out the end of barrel
*those were both after 5 hours of leaft drying*

I THEN tryed APOXI and it flew out the end of barrel but I was ready for that one and shot at a pillow lol.

Anyways, Some strange things are that I dont think you need the level 10 foamie part on the bolt as MUCH as you think. I fired 300 pballs with 0 Chops, and only 1 barrel break.

So I dunno if it is that big of a difference having it or not. I am still gonna try to get it in the bolt one last time, but If it doesnt stay in im just leaving it out.

Please post what you use on ur foamie bolt parts, im curious to figure out how to get this damned thing to stay in!

Fatjon
06-15-2003, 09:25 AM
I used super glue. Shot 4 cases with it then sold it, and for all i know its still shooting great.

DyNasTy
06-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Foamie bolt IS NOT REQUIRED, I just shot a hopper of paint through very fast 0 CHOPS, 0 BARREL BREAKS.

I think im just gonna leave it :D

IcantBelieveit
06-15-2003, 10:06 AM
yea its been discussed several times the the foamie is not really needed, do a search. but its nice to have. And you 3M Super Adhesive, it works the best, and be sure to clean all the oil and old foam off the face of the bolt

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Nah, the foamie isn't needed but I keep it, can't hurt. Just use superglue and if it comes of it's because the foam tore so you'll need to scratch off the old foam or it won't seal right.

And what's the point of opening a second thread to address this? Don't do that.

davidnj
06-15-2003, 11:43 AM
I use superglue too. Its worked perfect for me so far.

personman
06-15-2003, 02:14 PM
lol I tried a couple times with various glue then I got pissed off and put a glob of JB weld and well what do you know it works perfectly :D :D

rudy6732
06-15-2003, 02:47 PM
nail glue! it works great. its also known as "CA Glue" for model planes and cars. DOnt get it on your fingers though it dries instantly with contact and is VERY strong.

BlackVCG
06-15-2003, 03:00 PM
The main reason why foamies fly off after people put them on is because they didn't prep the surface as well as they should have. You need to take a dental pick or something sharp and scrape off ALL of the old foamie and glue material from the bolt face. Then, wash out the bolt in your sink with regular soap and water to wash out the little bits of glue and foam that you didn't get out.

Now, use some rubbing alcohol on the surface of the bolt face to clean it off, let it air dry and do the same to the side of the foamie you're going to glue onto the bolt. Put your glue on the foamie and cover the entire surface that touches the bolt face with glue.

I usually stick a small needle in the front of the foamie so I can easily center it and push it onto the bolt. Pull out the needle while holding down on the foamie and then push firmly on the foamie to make sure it's contacting the bolt face at all points.

Let it sit for a good 12hrs and try it again. If you did it right, it will stay on there for a long time.

TheJester
06-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by rudy6732
nail glue! it works great. its also known as "CA Glue" for model planes and cars. DOnt get it on your fingers though it dries instantly with contact and is VERY strong.

super glue is nail glue....most super glues are a CA glue, because they're cyanoacrilic. they all dry super quick, because it cures in the absense of air, so as soon as you press down on it, it cures to holding strength (that's why it's best for like glueing glass back together, super smooth surface = not alot of air when pressed, same vice versa, it doesn't bond porous material very well) the concentration is what detirmins the stregth/britelness

rikkter
06-15-2003, 04:49 PM
my foamy ripped off, didn't fly off. but i haven't put my other one on, i've gone through about 5 1/2 cases so far and only chopped twice, gotta love level 10.

Nick O time
06-15-2003, 10:41 PM
I use super glue to glue in my fomies. It works great, just remember to have some nail polish remover ready so if you get any on your skin it will come off (without you scrubbing off your skin lol).

paintballbeaver
06-16-2003, 12:09 AM
clear loctite but you must leave it set for 24-30 hours to get proper curing

Gman63
06-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Was wondering, has anyone ever tried ShoeGoo? I have used it for years to adhear components onto RC cars and even in some of the nastiest crashes it didn't break free and we are talking about Open Mod at a velodrome at speeds in excess of 75 mph.

Pand0ra
06-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TheJester

super glue is nail glue....most super glues are a CA glue, because they're cyanoacrilic. they all dry super quick, because it cures in the absense of air, so as soon as you press down on it, it cures to holding strength (that's why it's best for like glueing glass back together, super smooth surface = not alot of air when pressed, same vice versa, it doesn't bond porous material very well) the concentration is what detirmins the stregth/britelness

Actually it's the humidity on the parts which makes the glue cure.

From my experience, it's really the preparation of the surface which is important with the foamies. I've a level 10 since a good year now, and the foamie is still in place.

I've another level 10 without a foamie, which works very well too (too lazy to put a foamie on it :) ), but as someone said: it doesn't hurt.

@++

rehme
06-16-2003, 02:08 PM
super bolt

=

super glue

:D