PDA

View Full Version : your point of playing

FreakBaller12
06-15-2003, 11:55 AM
i was just wondering why everybody plays paintball or what they plan to do

Carnage
06-15-2003, 12:00 PM
I like playing for fun.. Paintball is too addicting to stop playing -_-..

coolcatpete
06-15-2003, 12:07 PM
I play in the tournies for fun but I also do want to go pro because it looks really fun. I mean come on you get to play 24/7 and your make money at the same time what could be better.

FreakBaller12
06-15-2003, 12:10 PM
I play in the tournies for fun but I also do want to go pro because it looks really fun. I mean come on you get to play 24/7 and your make money at the same time what could be better.
exactly what i thought nowi jsut gotta turn 16 so i cna actually get a ride to the toruny's and get ym name known dang...2 more yeras to go and moeny isn't an issue for me i cna get it so it's only a wait for me now

WARPED1
06-15-2003, 12:51 PM
To go pro, but not for a living, you can't make a living. All the pros now have real jobs, granted, some are in thier sponsors company(Ironmen=DYE, Aftershock= Shocktech for example).

AutomagRT1483
06-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Go pro for a while. If my team can get some more players, down two as of this month. One went to another team, a pro team as he put it, and the other well hasn't come to any practices for like 3 months now. Cuz I'm not going to go pro with out at the very least my Captain, automagfreek;)

Brak
06-15-2003, 01:06 PM
i like to play paintball a lot, and if im good enough at it to make a living, id do it. but there are higher priorities in my life. like cartoons

yeahthatsme
06-15-2003, 01:07 PM
at this point i'm just havin fun with it! playin tourney's and such, but ya never know, i could go pro!

Mango
06-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I agree, if you don't play for fun, then just stop playing all together.

BajaBoy
06-15-2003, 01:21 PM
play for fun, as much as i can and be the best i can be. But some things have to come first

Rmarks
06-15-2003, 01:28 PM
I play for fun but I also play to get my mind off other crap, whether it be school, work, or family. Paintball really gets me in a whole new zone :)

JT2002
06-15-2003, 03:46 PM
well goin pro is sweet, just look at if you got on an all sponsored team, such as NYX, who, my uncle is currently practicing with and could possible get on the team. now look at it, totally sponsord (sp?) they get, free airfare to tournys, car rentals, food, 150 spending cash, their own free team guns (NYX matrix) and all for free. and when u win nppl tournys and get in 1st, or even second, there is a very nice cash amount the teams gets. like at the current nppl tourny, the prize money for 1st place pro team is 20 large, even after splitting up, thats not too shabby for doing something most ppl love doing for just 3 maybey 4 days of hard work. eventually in a few years id like to get into the position of starting to play, and hopefully getting onto a pro team like NYX, since theyre local, but until the time when im at that level, i will be playing mostly recball at the local field with others and improving my skills. man, thats my dream, lol.:rolleyes: :D

and with what rmarks said, true true, when im plaing paintball for a night its like im worry free, and dont care about anything else, heck, thats one thing that got me so hooked onto this sport over 4 years ago and finally in the past year or a lil more ive been working which means i can now finally afford to go play much more often than i used to. hooah!

circus5
06-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Rmarks

Paintball really gets me in a whole new zone

Yeah Ryan, its the "Im so afraid Andrew's gonna bunker me" zone :eek:

But seriously, yeah, playing paintball is umm.... yeah, it is.

Rmarks
06-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by circus5
Yeah Ryan, its the "Im so afraid Andrew's gonna bunker me" zone :eek:

I hope you're reffing walk ons this saturday, I think my Accuracy is gonna be off a tad ;)

Cryer
06-15-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm not addicted...I can stop whenevver I want to...:rolleyes:

I play for the fun of it, but I like the tourny style (ie 3-man/5-man, strategy, teamwork, etc)

Nick O time
06-15-2003, 10:46 PM
I play tourneys to go pro and I always play for fun no matter what. There is no point in playing if you don't play for fun. When I get burned out on tourney's I play rec or I just lay low for a while.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Brak
i like to play paintball a lot, and if im good enough at it to make a living, id do it. but there are higher priorities in my life. like cartoons

amen

Major Ho
06-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Why does anyone choose to play any sport?
Im sure many people may have aspirations to play proffesionally but like the real sports ie. football, basketball it most likely will never happen.

shartley
06-16-2003, 10:30 AM
I play only for the fun of it, and play either Rec ball, OR Woods Ball (but a lot of the time there really isn’t much of a distinction). I will never play a tournament. And that is not because I don’t think I am good enough, but because it is not what floats my boat. ;)

My son plays for the fun of it, but I can see him playing tournaments at some point. He has already expressed his desire to possibly go Pro at some point, but is not making that a “goal” of his (he has wanted to become a chef for years now, and has recently thought about joining the Army).

My oldest daughter played for a short amount of time and only for fun/rec.

My middle daughter plays only for fun/rec.

My youngest daughter (turns 3 in July) does not play but LOVES being around paintball, paintball players, paintball shops, etc.

My Wife used to play only for fun/rec. But now usually only target shoots and helps support the rest of us. She said that she may get back into playing though at some point.

Echez09
06-16-2003, 12:13 PM
I just play because I love to play. Simple, huh? However, I would love to enter the tourny/pro scene and even maybe get a job in the industry. My goal is to play paintball, regardless of playing level, until I die.:D

NatogDarkheart
06-16-2003, 12:55 PM
I play for fun.

The tourney scene here in the NE is a sad state of affairs to say the least. I doubt I'd ever play tourney ball again.

-Natog Darkheart

Pvt.Opium
06-16-2003, 12:58 PM
I think it is great fun. Im gonna have to say that i would love to go pro if the chance arises. Why not get paid for something that i already do on my free time. :)