PDA

View Full Version : Mags heavy, Yea Right!

GatoLoco
06-15-2003, 01:48 PM
I just felt that I needed to post this. Many people have the feeling that stock auto/mini/rt pro mags are heavy. I don't know where they get this from,as my brother's minimag with intelliframe is noticably lighter than my 2k2 cocker with mazda-supporting (what i call carbon fiber:p ) frame. They are also noticably lighter than stock impulses too. Now I love both the cocker and the mag , however I just had a random urge to let people know whats up. Now why does everyone say "Mags are heavy" when usually their marker is heavier :confused:

(BTW I am an avid anti-hype person, and am sure to let people know that mags are great markers, and I let them know that my cocker won't shoot a bagillian times farther or more accurate, and the next time they say the uneducated phrase "AGD sucks", they should at least make sure that their marker is working:p )

personman
06-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Dude.. stock mags ARE heavy. The classic valve must weigh 3 pounds :p I just noticed this when I had my xvalve, my emag valve, and a classic valve all in my hands..
But mags arent as heavy once you get an xvalve.. that takes off alot of wieght, its almost as light as having no valve at all :p
But yes, there are alot of hypocrites out there, I being one of them :rolleyes: my micro e-mag must wiegh 30 pounds (or it seems like it :p )

68magOwner
06-15-2003, 02:40 PM
heh, if you dont like your micro emag ill take it, i dont mind a hefty gun :D

Brak
06-15-2003, 02:42 PM
i dont know about those mags, but my old school RT weighed roughly 5 pounds gun only. thats pretty heavy

personman
06-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Hey, I never said I diddnt like it :p

FalconGuy016
06-15-2003, 02:48 PM
I get annoyed at people who complain about those weights. Sure the number is higher than your number, but step back and look at it! Seven pounds is a pretty heavy setup, correct? Think about it... SEVEN POUNDS!! How can anyone have trouble with seven pounds! Weight is so meaningless in the single digits

rikkter
06-15-2003, 04:57 PM
eh, this got heavy after awhile, but its oh so worth it

Ov3rmind
06-15-2003, 05:06 PM
For their size they're pretty damn heavy. When compared to other guns that are larger though, the difference in weight is negligible.

WARPED1
06-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Weight matters. When you're snap shooting, a heavier gun will weigh you down and be slower. It's a simple law of physics. But if you can't handle it, for gods sake, work out!

TigerMan
06-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by personman

But yes, there are alot of hypocrites out there, I being one of them :rolleyes: my micro e-mag must wiegh 30 pounds (or it seems like it :p )

Yeah that things a piece ain't it? ;) Lol. :p

cphilip
06-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Hit the Gym you whimps! :D

The tank is more of the weight now a days than any thing...

Dave
06-15-2003, 06:23 PM
well, yeah, I've had experience w/ a heavy gun. Try this on for size: Z-grip (must be like the heaviest frame out there, the thing is a brick:) ) Kapp DZ-stubby, steel 68/3000 tank, rail, p/f stainless body, stainless valve, warp, revvy. The thing is a tank. It weighs I think over 10 or 12 lbs. I love it though! But yes, it does get tiring hefting that thing around. But I've done it for more than a year, so I can talk:)

-Dave

vaypourus
06-15-2003, 06:30 PM
My old warp fed, Z-gripped retro mag was a little over 10 pounds with paint.

That is heavy.

I'm not a little guy either; I work hard for a living, and that was even making my arm a bit tired @ the end of the night.

In fact, that was the #1 reason I decided to build a ULE emag and sell my old setup.

GatoLoco
06-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Hmmmm it could be that mags just have good balance:confused:

Hoplon
06-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Ballance is by far more important than weight. Even the emags feel light if you get the correct drop and ballance your gun over the trigger frame. If you set your gun up this way the weight shouldn't bother you.

SIGSays
06-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
eh, this got heavy after awhile, but its oh so worth it

lol.. bling bling!!

sneakyhacker420
06-15-2003, 07:51 PM
stainless steel = heavy = durable

it may be a bit on the heavy side, but its sure as hell more durable than your AUTOCOCKER :p

shinobidice
06-15-2003, 08:35 PM
you can use your gun to help use its inertia when you do a superman dive into that bunker off the break!

im not kidding, a guy seriously did this, his rt worked perfectly all day still

GatoLoco
06-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by shinobidice
you can use your gun to help use its inertia when you do a superman dive into that bunker off the break!

im not kidding, a guy seriously did this, his rt worked perfectly all day still

Hahahahahaha! Thats so great. Thats the great thing bout inertia, once ya pop, ya just can't stop. (Unfortunatly the same is true when your NOT moving, but if cockers have gnomes, why can't mags have "Inertia rocket boosters"?)

TheJester
06-15-2003, 10:56 PM
ok, here's the deal w/ weights. 1st and foremost my stock minimag, i noticed very little weight difference between that fully loaded and my freinds 01 cocker fully loaded. and for 2... as soon as the ref yell go...do you notice how much your set up weighs?

Dryden
06-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Heavy?!? With the coiled remote on, I'm afraid I'm going to break my MiniMag, it's so darn light ... like the "Noisy Cricket" from the movie Men In Black.

My first semi was a PMI3/VM68 with expansion chamber and two 10-ounce CO2 tanks (one forward, one back-bottle). Now THAT's a heavy gun. The recoil could dislocate your shoulder.

LIGHTEMUP
06-15-2003, 11:07 PM
hahah people are just wusses it builds up ur muscles i had a old school RT now just that was a lunker then i had a halo, 68ci 3000psi crossfire tank (it was huge), kapp cradle, benchmark 2x frame, and a 16inch all american barrel.

This was heavy but i never complained it got done what needed to be done till i got sick of it chopping and i sold it :rolleyes: (this was all b4 level 10 dont know to much bout it either havnetn had a mag in a long time now i have a RAT Impulse its not that heavy)

MidnightRider
06-15-2003, 11:12 PM
When playing at my local field my stock mini is no problem at all.........but I just got home tonight from playing my first scenario game (woooohooo),Armies of Armageddon, and let me tell you by the end of the game my mag felt like it easily weighed 30 pounds. When I get the chance that x-valve is being purchased and installed as quickly as the checkbook permits.:D

P.S.
Thanks AGD for supporting the rec games. I didn't get to win the RT but some lucky lady sure did. Again Thanks.

P.P.S.
Sorry Horde (Green), you may have won with points (barely) but we Host (Blue) still kept you from calling for the war of Armageddon and thus saved our world for at least another year.:D Good Game to you all.

Peace

MR

rikkter
06-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by MidnightRider

P.S.
Thanks AGD for supporting the rec games. I didn't get to win the RT but some lucky lady sure did. Again Thanks.

MR

you talking about the game in Chicago?
if you are, that lucky lady is one of my closet friends/teammates. her name is alex.

its not like they NEED anymore guns, god, her husband is a lawyer so go figure. and he has a xmag along with most of the other top guns out there. name it; i bet he has it, or will within the year. >:O

also, guns DO get heavy even if you are muscle man in scenario games.

MidnightRider
06-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Yep that be the game. The one in Chicago.