PDA

View Full Version : We're under attack!

Will Wood
06-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Well, not really.. but some poor fellow in a seaplane is. There I was, enjoying a soda on my porch after some work. A seaplane flys by. A F-16 Flys by. A blackhawk flys by. Was pretty cool. Some guy trying to enjoy a ride didn't realize that our lake is in the 30 mile radius of Bush. Took off, next thing he knows there is a fully loaded f-16 and blackhawk on his rear.

Yea.. kinda pointless post, but it was fun to watch.

cris8762
06-15-2003, 05:11 PM
lol

that's pretty funny, a guy in a dinky little seaplane getting chased by a f16 and a chopper...musta scared the crap outta him!

rhetor22
06-15-2003, 06:09 PM
how the hell does an f16 fly slow enough to chase a seaplane?!

Will Wood
06-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Radar in base detects him. They send in a f-16 to check it out (faster, if it's hostile) He checks it out, confirms there's a target, and then the blackhawk, which was sent out at same time as f-16 directs the plane to land and then.. do who knows what to him.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-15-2003, 06:14 PM
I would almost bet a dollar it will be on the news later :)

hooblerd
06-15-2003, 09:46 PM
I worked at a Norad base in southern California and we would launch F-16s everytime we saw a unidentified airplane cross the border with Mexico. Most of those planes were drug carriers. Soon after the F-16s launched, the DEA would launch a Blackhawk to either catch up with the plane (yes its possible) or pick up the bales of drugs that the plane would throw out.
You may want to check your backyard for any packages!!

pbzmag
06-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where 2 F-16's chases after Sideshow Bob and Bart on the Wright Brothers plane. Disneyland also have a few no flyzones this past year. Pictures of Disneyland was found on a terrorist shortly after 9-11, including a Reserves Base near the Rose Bowl.