PDA

View Full Version : I'm the dumbest person on earth!

WhiteRob
06-15-2003, 04:46 PM
I feel like such an idiot right now! I got my Mag on Friday, bought some paint, C02, and some other goodies. Everything is going great. Rob = happy. Well, since the only other guns I've every played with were Spyders, I'm mechanically dumb with the Automag. I decide it would be cool to take apart, look around at the insides, and then put it back together. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I was taking the trigger frame off, just unscrewing the last screw when I hear pop ping pow slam. It was a part (maybe more) that shot off to the wall, separating the valve and the mainbody. I looked around and found the seer pin, but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything else. Anyways, I watch that came with it (the marker is used) and it is old school stuff. It has the c02 adapter on the back of the gun in the video. Anways, I follow the video, put the gun back together, which took a good hour and a half, put my C02 tank on and.....hsssssss. So I quickly took it off. It's leaking internally somewhere and some air is coming out of the trigger frame I think. So here I am, feeling really stupid and in need of help. Can somebody first of all lead me to a site that has how the parts should fit together piece by piece. If anyone can just help me fix my gun, I'd be very appreciative. I live in a small town where there's nobody with the knowledge I require for help so if all else fails, I'd pay someone to fix it.

bluefan101
06-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Click here for a break down of all the parts. (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=153&CATID=6)

Hoplon
06-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Check the orings(or lack their of)in the on/off assembly. It's the thing that plugs into the side of the gun.

WhiteRob
06-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I think that I've found the problem. I'm missing the on/off ping, and the power tube o-ring. Now I just have to order and I should be okay. Just to be sure, I'm going to take some pictures later tonight and see if you all can find something more. Thanks

bluefan101
06-15-2003, 05:39 PM
If you're going to order you might as well go ahead and just by a whole parts kit. You can usually get them for about 15-20$ on various paintball store sites. Plus if you blew something out that badly, it might be a good idea to go ahead and replace all of them anyway.

WhiteRob
06-15-2003, 08:37 PM
What site do you suggest? I could get it piece by piece off agd's site.

bluefan101
06-16-2003, 02:05 AM
I usually get my stuff from paintballgear.com They do pretty well on shipping and the prices are reasonable. I don't do a lot of shopping around so you my want to check some of the other boards, like the dealer forum or general discussion about who they prefer.

WhiteRob
06-16-2003, 09:05 AM
I just went ahead and bought it off of AGD's site for $15.

WhiteRob
06-16-2003, 10:30 PM
After ordering the on/off assembly, I started thinking about my marker a little more closly. It has an ANS Phase II valve. Would the on/off assembly still be the same? I'm not sure the name of the part, but the rear part of the assembly (the piece the velocity adjuster screws into) is also not stock; it's from shocktech.

bluefan101
06-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah...that could be causing problems too. Airgun did a pretty good job designing their valves, but ANS did not do a very good job replicating them. When you unscrew your valve creating two halves, the front is the on/off and the rear is your regulator. The reg controls the amount of airflow (psi) going into the on/off. You adjust the nut on the back to make it more or less. The on/off works with your trigger to allow air to push your ball forward. I'm not familiar with a Shocktech version of the reg, but the ANS is not one of the best things out there. You may want to look into buying a use classic or minimag valve from the classified section. You can usually pick one up for between 70 and 120 depending on how many stars it has. Ones with stars mean that you can send them back to AGD for a free repair if you have a problem with it. As for the one you have, I'm kind of interested to see what it looks like. The parts should be exactly the same when you do the parts kit. If you can post a picture of the valve, I'd love to see it. Hope that is some kind of help.

WhiteRob
06-17-2003, 11:19 AM
When I bought the gun, the guy included the stock bolt. By the way you're talking, I should probably go ahead and change it out or just go ahead and pop a level 10 in. He also sent me the regulator which has one star remaining. Here's a picture of my valve system. You can see the missing on/off pin and power o-ring.

WhiteRob
06-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Here's the pictures...

bluefan101
06-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Your bolt right now is the least of your worries. I've got the exact same bolt on my mag and I haven't broken a ball in about 6 months. The on/off part of your valve is going to be the problem. If you have the back portion, or the reg only, Airgun won't do any work on the valve unless the entire thing is original parts. If it were me, I'd try the parts kit first, but put the original reg back on instead of the Shocktech. Once you have all of the new o-rings in place, a couple of drops of oil down the powertube, a couple in the on/off assembly (where the pin goes), and a couple in the holes on the reg. If you are still leaking air, loacte the source. Down the barrel means you have a problem with the front part of your valve somewhere in the on/off. If it is out of the rear of the gun, the problem is in your reg. If you are leaking somewhere else, like your trigger frame, make sure that all the parts are in the right place and that your rail is fastened tightly. That should get you on your way to recovery. The valves are usualy pretty easy to figure out once you work on them for a little while.

WhiteRob
06-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the help. My on/off assembly should be here Thursday, and if it still leaks air, I'll go from there. Just curious, when I was taking my gun apart, and heard the loud pop, blowing my on/off pin all over the ceiling, was it possible that there was still air in the gun, shooting out of the gun? Also, if I do still have a problem with my gun, can I just put the stock parts back in and send it to AGD and let them handle it?

MadSquabble247
06-17-2003, 01:02 PM
you said that you bought this used right?well maybe the gun leaked when you got it....just a thought

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 01:06 PM
THAT is why you degas the gun before working on it. The on/off pin is under pressure and will be until that pressure is relieved.

Unscrewing the tank and firing as you go will do that.

Lucky you didn't shoot your eye out. (Or skewer the cat. That all depends on how much you like cats.)

WhiteRob
06-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by MadSquabble247
you said that you bought this used right?well maybe the gun leaked when you got it....just a thought

I'm pretty sure it didn't leak when I got it. I shot a little over 500 shots with a 12 oz. CO2 tank without any problems at all. It leaks now because the (lack of) on/off pin. I'm pretty confident that it will fix the problem; if not, I'm just going to cry, or maybe take it to a shop instead.