PDA

View Full Version : My Gun Is A Blender!!!

The Yellow Dart
06-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Ok, so today I was out at the field and about half way through the day my gun(68 mag) was chopping paint every game. I dont have a lvl 10 but i do have a ricochet. so please dont tell me to get an electronic hopper, and i know i need a lvl 10. I think it was due to a bad paint to barrel match up. I was using a All american and RPS premium. does anyone have any ideas of why i broke so much paint.

Duke Henry
06-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Darn I think I should go and take a picture of me playing with a blender for future use...

Anyway, the question becomes - where was the paint breaking?

If it was breaking at the "breech" then it can be that your rico is not feeding fast enough, the paint itself could be in bad shape, etc.

If breaking in the barrel, then possibly a bad paint/barrel match (including a bad batch of paint).

coolcatpete
06-15-2003, 08:39 PM
I think you should sell me the warp that you are getting and I will give you my level 10 ok andy great sounds good to me.

FalconGuy016
06-15-2003, 08:41 PM
I have used RPS Premium and AA barrel before, not a single chop in a whole case. Then again, ive never gotten a chop... ever

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
06-15-2003, 08:48 PM
You are probably short stroking

*edit* yes i did beat you and yes my name is way too long.

BobTheCow
06-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I have used RPS Premium and AA barrel before, not a single chop in a whole case. Then again, ive never gotten a chop... ever
He's also never been accused of being modest... ever. :D

Perhaps short-stroking?

**edit** monkey/pinata beat me to it

mrbrutal
06-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I've used my AA quite a bit with all kinds of RPS stuff including premiums. I've had a few breaks in the barrel and breech but nothing major. You may want to check your nubbin. Maybe its double feeding or the nubbin may be broken

Lopy-slopy
06-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I think you answerd your question in your post, or you just got to look for anything in the barrel that could be breaking paint, ie, wire nubbin possitioned wrong.

coolcatpete
06-15-2003, 08:58 PM
are you using a plastic nubbin because those have been known to double feed.

Outlaw5
06-15-2003, 08:59 PM
You said it in your original message. You need a LvL X for your mag. My old Minimag was a blender also but once I got a LvL X and it was set up correctly, no chops....at all. Fired ten cases of paint through it now to include a day of humid rain and had no problems. Don't disregard the other statements such as short stroking, or bad batch of paint and paint to barrel match. I believe though that once you go LvL X you'll never go back and be an avid crusader for the LvL X and Mags!!!! Like me.:D

Dryden
06-15-2003, 11:08 PM
If the barrel has a wire nubbin, particularly the 'V-shaped' type, check and see if it's broken or bent.

Guys on my team and I have had the gun go to blender-mode from that more than anything else.

Jazzman
06-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Just last week, my mag was stuck in blender mode all day. I had assumed I was short stroking, but I think the problem was a bad paint/barrel match. The other thing to watch for: if you get paint in your feed tube, you will break like it's going out of style. My problem was with Big Ball; it shot terrible out of my SP Progressive, just as bad out of the ANS, and like a dream out of the Jacko Infinity.

Quick related question: Do mags make a specific noise when they short stroke?

Miscue
06-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Make sure you have a parabolic power feed plug - the one that has no flat edge.