PDA

View Full Version : car dent removers?

FeelTheRT
06-15-2003, 09:20 PM
have you guys seen that infomercial on that thing where it pulls out ur dents? It does look skeptical, so i did a bit of reseach, and i really havn't found any negative feedback on that product. Just about every review test was a sucess. I was just wondering if anyone on AO has acutally used one. I got this dent on my door that i was pretty convinced i could get rid of myself by pushing from the other side but this product would save a lot of time if i worked. Any help would be appreciated.

sk8dood
06-15-2003, 11:38 PM
it really does work. my car is living proof. someone backed into the fron driver side of my car awhile ago and i never got it fixed. but the insurance paid us $300 for it. and my frind got one and it took 4 pulls and it looks like new. no joke. but the down side is it took about an hour or so.

ShooterJM
06-16-2003, 12:50 PM
As long as the metal isn't stretched it works ok. If it's a big dent just try a toilet plunger.

FeelTheRT
06-16-2003, 01:42 PM
sk8dood, how big was the dent? I read this one review from a guy who had a monster dent 18" by 9" and he said it took a few pulls but it worked.

i read from some forum that u could put some dryice which causes the metal to get cold and shrink back. I'm guessing that only works for tiny dings.

irbodden
06-16-2003, 01:50 PM
What do you need it for? How big's the dent?

Thordic
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
A toilet plunger works pretty well on big dents, I'd try that before using any gimmick device.