PDA

View Full Version : Good fields in North/South Carolina?

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-15-2003, 11:47 PM
This summer I'll be traveling to the North/South Carolina Area, and I was wondering if any good fields were out there?

68magOwner
06-16-2003, 01:05 AM
i live in charlotte nc... feild are all crap, my suggestion is to find some locals and ask them to take you to the field that they have set up themselves. Speaking of witch, me and some friends went camping this weekend and ended up makin a really sweet 4-8 man hyperball feild :D

DementedRabbit
06-16-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey now. CJ's Paintball in Midland is great.

I was VERY impressed with Extremes in Charlotte. Too bad I didn't play when I visited.

Kevmaster
06-16-2003, 08:54 AM
can ya get any more specific? there are prolly 2-30 fields in NC and 15-20 in South Carolina. A good start is WARPIG.com 's field finder....

a city or area would be great

cphilip
06-16-2003, 09:08 AM
I can recommend Gold Dragon and Extreme Outdoors in the upstate of SC. I hear Paintball Charleston is good and we have several members here on AO that run it.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Ok Here is a run down of fields in south western part of NC around Hickory, Lincolnton, Gastonia, Charlotte etc.

CJs- Don't waste your time, the air ball field is never up except on tourney days. All of Cjs other fields are way to rockey, and its in the middle of BFE. Not worth your time.

Etremes-Good place, to bad they are going outta business. the 20% off everything is good though. There feild is down permenatly however, so thats out. But me and a group of friends are thinking of buying it so you never know.

Paintball spot-Good feild good prices 3 fields.

Carolina Paint Slingers- My field and by far the best, air ball, wall ball, and hyper ball. Also the best woods in the world. If your comeing to the area it will be worht your time to come play :D

paint magnet
06-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Try Alamo paintball in Duncan, South Carolina. I live in South Carolina and have played at most of the big fields. VHA paintball is good too, I think its in Greer. Anyway, the owners at alamo are really nice and helpful and its a good family run business. They have a couple speedball fields but nice facilities including Bauer compressors and fill stations and indoor plumbing for both male and females. Also everything is reasonably priced. Try contacting Monty at (864) 439 7186. Good luck (by the way, Red Fox games absolutely ;sucks unless you like overpriced paint, crappy and slow service and playing nothing but woodsball. Maybe I'll see you at the field some time, and if you can make it, definately come to the AO SC meet this year.

68magOwner
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
I live in charlotte, and while i admit extremes is preety good, there have been alot of rumors going around that is will soon be leaving (i dont know why, its basically brand new) and also on there website it says something about putting in a lazer tag feild :(

Edit- oops, sponge bob beat me to the extremes closing down (didnt know bout %20 off though, ill have to check it out), and also sponge, if you buy it and get it back up and running i will love you forever (but of course youl have to give me free admission right :D i meen AO'ers have to stick together.

stebs
06-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Paintall Central in Greensboro NC is awesome here is a link
www.pballcentral.com

ASDadam
06-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Milty's in Jacksonville, NC is a decent field to play on. He just recently bought the field from someone and is trying hard to fix it up. Its got only 2 speedball and 1 woods field right now but we (TeamAOE www.teamaoe.com) are trying to fix up the field and build even more woods fields. If you're by this area it would be a good field for you to try. Thats our home field now so you'll more than likely find some great people to play with.
www.miltys.com for reference. He's a great guy and there are alot of great people who play there.

cgraham77
06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
check this site out

wickedpb.com

pbguy888
06-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Can you be more specific of what part of NC?

ASDadam
06-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Jacksonville is in Eastern NC.

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Actually, I'm not staying in one place, I'm going to a camp over there, and I figured on the way back from camp, I'd catch a day of paintball. Cphil, I may go play where you play so I can see your guns and show you how REAL men play! :p

Kevmaster
06-18-2003, 07:24 AM
if you're in the Raleigh Durham area....go to Gotcha Paintball: http://www.gotchapaintball.com