PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Buying High End Marker

madaz
06-16-2003, 06:32 AM
hello all i hope u can help me.
i am looking for a high end marker.the thing is i live in
HELP HELP
Australia and we have the strongest gun laws in the WORLD.a paintball marker is seen as a GUN!!! :( u just can't import semi's. but there are heaps of angles and stuff here.the way it works is if u get the gun in it's then legal to own.it's the import part that is against the law.the only thing on a semi that is against the law it the trigger/frame
so this is where i ask you.what marker can be striped down to parts and has a very very simple trigger frame.mabe even cut the trigger frame in half so it is unnoticeable,cause lets face it a paintball frame looks like a real gun.

can u guys help me.
i.e a e-mag strips down to a body ,rail,valve,and frame
ideas on cuting a emag frame

imps

angles
i dont have to much so prob only LCD OR SOMETHING

ps.i was going to get the stuff sent to my bro in a island off shore where there are no law and get him to send it and mabe cut the frame.

ideas ideas need your help bad guys!!!!!!

madaz
06-17-2003, 01:03 AM
any one got pics of the frame's by them self. no grips and other stuff.

come on guys i need your help.

irbodden
06-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Well, if you were willing to settle for a Retro 'Mag it would be VERY simple...

It would be a tad more confusing and risky with an E...

Patron God of Pirates
06-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Buy a Z-Grip. It bears no resemblance to real fire arms.

madaz
06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
does a z grip fit a e mag?

whats inside a emag grip? can it be striped down?

any ideas about cuting an emag frame/?

seizurepants
06-17-2003, 10:07 PM
What do you mean by cutting the frame?

halo13
06-17-2003, 10:13 PM
if you were to buy a used gun maybe you can ask the sender to ship the tirgger frame a day after the rest of the gun. Or mabe you can assemble our own marker and just purchase the trigger frame at a different time.

madaz
06-17-2003, 10:14 PM
cut the trigger frame in half to make two bits and weld it back up.whats a emag frame look like with no eletrics inside? pic?

halo13:thats what i was thinking.there's a 50/50 chance the frame by its self will get in.and if they send the frame back,they could then seller could send it to my bro in P.N.G and then it in my hands to get it over here.but is people wiling to that.i dont want to get ripped too :/

seizurepants
06-17-2003, 10:32 PM
you could just get an e mag and have your bro send the body and such the the frame last.

dcmander
06-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Buy a sonic gun. This is by far the easiest solution. And they are AWESOME guns. Sonic markers are made by MacDev and they are in Australia. When I bought my Sonic Bushmaster, they had to send it from Australia to me. They are a great company (they paid for the 50$ customs charge and the 30$ or so shipping charge!)

www.macdev.net is their site. Their 03 autococker looks real cool and I can vouch that their Sonic Bushmaster is INCREDIBLE. I only sold mine cause it was too expensive and I wanted to downgrade. Best gun I've ever shot IMHO though.

What do you think of that? (And James, President of MacDev along with his brother, told me on the phone about those strict Australia gun laws! ;) :D

shwerp
06-18-2003, 02:56 PM
matrices and timmys are both fairly easy guns to take apart, both can have the lcd screen and internals in the grip frame, i believe can easily be taken in and out, with a bit of knowledge and caution. just don't take the internals apart themselves. as far as cutting the trigger frame, i have no suggestions there. good luck bud

minimag187
06-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Go for a matrix.

dcmander
06-18-2003, 09:15 PM
LOL, does anyone agree with me on going with MacDev?

=\

MarkM
06-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by madaz
hello all i hope u can help me.
i am looking for a high end marker.the thing is i live in
HELP HELP
Australia and we have the strongest gun laws in the WORLD.a paintball marker is seen as a GUN!!! :( u just can't import semi's. but there are heaps of angles and stuff here.the way it works is if u get the gun in it's then legal to own.it's the import part that is against the law.the only thing on a semi that is against the law it the trigger/frame

Your import laws apply to all the states? I thought a few were good to go...I know you had/have those silly barrel length laws..any americans reading this ;), they have/had in some of the states a law stating that the overall length of the marker must be X" long and the barrel must be fixed) Sterlings were sent out there but they would loctite the barrels in, the barrels were 18" :eek: the rest of the marker went as spares all this was to do with Ned Kelly type naughty people from years before. But save your self the hassle and buy from Macdev...they are in your own country or is it that you don't want what they make?

madaz
06-19-2003, 05:49 AM
YEAH I KNOW ALL ABOUT MAC DEV.after all there are hundeds of them here.pluss they dont work out all that cheap here because you dont have to pay tax.they work out to be well over $2000 Au.not really worth it for a poor mans eltro.what are the e-mag triggers like to fire compared to angels.

yeah the laws here suck biggtime all guns must be 75cm long.
field owners get hit with all the bad stuff.

MarkM
06-19-2003, 06:34 AM
The triggers are different in feel, all about personal choice...see if you can try one and then decide. To brutalise a grip frame would work but how in the hell you would be able to rebuild it afterwards would be a nightmare. I'm sure that the Australian team who played at last years world cup had a couple of emags, now according to what you are saying about the ownership they would still have problems when they brought them home...or do you have an excemption certificate once you actually have the marker in your possesion?