PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worst new E blowback???

no_doz
06-16-2003, 09:43 AM
whats your opinions? BTW no stupid posts like "they're blowbacks, they all suck" thats just a waste of my time and you make yourself look foolish by wasting your time to type it.

Silver Bullet---WORST E-BLOWBACK EVER

Torbo
06-16-2003, 10:56 AM
out of the ones ive shot... E99. Hideous. But the silver bullet, or icon E are probably worse, ive just never had the misfortune to use one.

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Dude, they ARE all the same, and if one is bad/good, they are ALL bad/good. No, I did not waste my time, nor yours, but this is really dumb thread. The only REAL difference in any of them is cosmetics.

AcemanPB
06-16-2003, 11:08 AM
I've shot a couple of E-Spyders and the triggers on those things are pretty bad.

no_doz
06-16-2003, 11:22 AM
DUDE, my friends pro ts with storm shoots 100 times better than my mag, and shoots as good as my buddy's shocker. and yea, e99s are awful, my friend bought one and they suck, especially the dipswitch.

Echez09
06-16-2003, 11:46 AM
They all suck comparitavely(sp?) to high end markers, but all these turdy spyder clones made in China do have a purpose............. to hang toilet paper on. Man, this is a waste of time.

Cryer
06-16-2003, 11:56 AM
I've gotten used to shooting my mag with absolutely no recoil. I picked up my brothers E-shutter i bought him and forgot that blowback kick like a 10-guage when compared to the mag. I almost fell over.:p

rehme
06-16-2003, 11:58 AM
they are all the same!

the only differences in them are like X-cambers, drop forwards, barrels, sight rails.

all they do is make it look purdie so people will by them.

i am not dissing them but for a n00b they are great guns.

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks rehme, remember...No doz is the guy who thought you could put cocker pneus (in reference to an LPR) on an impulse, thought a dbl barrel Xmag wuold bem "shaweet," asked if you could turn a nasty phoon into a cocker with eblade, among other things. Dont make me say much more about this bafoon. :rolleyes:

no_doz
06-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Enough about squid and his personal issues, does yur brothers shutter kick that much cryer? Only spyder/spyder clones i have shot are rebels, e99s, and another one but it really sucked so i forgot its name lol. Rehme, by the way, how can my cousins gun possibly function as well as it does even though its a -stock- -blowback-? Im just wondering because I too know that blowbacks can only be changed so much to be improved, and his isnt as all and it is pretty good for under $200, (even though he got screwed because he bought his when they first were introduced and it cost his 300!) I still maintain that, the silver bullet is the worst e-blowback ever made.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-16-2003, 02:35 PM
I dont care much for the Black Draguns. They are cheaply made, adn when I wastched a paintball store for a guy for a week, some guy came in there, and was fiddling around with it on the way, and the cap around the back of the velocity adjuster boke off. They shoot alright for a while, but the just seem very cheaply made.

Ov3rmind
06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Well, I picked up a Rebel as a backup and noticed it was made worse than most other blowbacks out. It had a built in CO2 filter in the vertical adapter (that's just stupid), the velocity adjuster was missing parts, and one of the holes on the grip frame for a bottomline screw wasn't threaded until about 1 1/2 inched down into the hole (which means none of my bottomline screws are long enough to hold a drop or ASA in). The grip frame is also rubber or something similar, not too cool.

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Oh ya, apparently I have personal issues because no_doz is retarded :rolleyes:

no_doz
06-16-2003, 04:28 PM
lol:D

Ryknow
06-16-2003, 04:31 PM
any M3 product.. IMO they all suck, inlcuding the dragon fly.

Toxic Dave
06-16-2003, 04:34 PM
My Spyder Imagne mows, shooting people with a 180 dollar gun is so much more satisfying for some reason, I need to get a Freak back for it though.

Dave/ Toxic/ GZ Silver

Cryer
06-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by no_doz
...does yur brothers shutter kick that much cryer?...

Maybe I exagerated slightly, but I was astonished by the extreme contrast in performance. I also, think of when I almost bought an E-99 over my mag...:eek:

The main flaw in the blowback design is the amount of kinetic energy expelled every time the marker cycles. When you shoot a spyder/clone, the bolt slams foreward, the hammer lurches, air explodes out the back of the valve hard enough to send these parts back to where they came from for the next shot. That causes a lot of kick for a paint marker. When you watch them shoot, you'll notice that because of this kick, the barrel bounces up and down with each shot. This completely erradicates the usefullness of any aftermarket barrel as the paint is sent in random directions with reckless abandon regardless of how good the paint-to-barrel match is.

06-16-2003, 04:50 PM
I was playing around with a silve rbullet and the trigger was pretty nice.

Cryer
06-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 845
...the trigger was pretty nice.

That's about all you can say in favor of most of these markers. That and "It only cost me $75!":p

no_doz
06-16-2003, 05:11 PM
yea, the only part i liked about the silver bullet was that it had a nice mill job, and the trigger was pretty fast, other than that its absolute garbage.

no_doz
06-16-2003, 05:14 PM
i had a black dragun basic and it shot pretty damn fast, and never broke on me, it was pretty loud though and the stock barrel was awful.

Da1spaz247
06-16-2003, 06:47 PM
DUDE, my friends pro ts with storm shoots 100 times better than my mag, and shoots as good as my buddy's shocker.

I have had a very positive experience with a Piranha Pro Ts w/ Storm, and I think they are BY FAR the best blow-back e-marker there is. This is only because they actually are made really well. Not to mention I could really rip on that thing. It did get the job done of getting other people out, but I got constant harrasment for using it in tournaments. I think it is probably the best back up gun anyone could have (unless you could afford an Angel or something as a back up). I do use a warped ReTro Minimag with LX now. Other than the Pro ts with storm, I think all the blow-backs stink and are just for beginners.

no_doz
06-16-2003, 07:53 PM
they are acutally pretty good for blowbax, i agree, other than the pro ts's they all suck, that and the omen lol.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-16-2003, 08:28 PM
I'll change my vote to Rebel. Anything with that curse on it is junk. I shot a Rebel for one game (several years ago, couldnt use C02 with mag), and after that game, it must have chipped it's sear, or hammer, because it wouldnt stay cocked. What a piece of junk.

Catch22
06-16-2003, 09:23 PM
i think that the rebels and spyders are the worst. They are the same thing except one has metric measurements and one has american or whatever it's called. I can tell you the best E-Blowback is the tippmann 98 E. Highly overpriced but it is up there with the phirannas(SP?) which are also good E-blowback.

So my vote goes to Rebels/Spyders.

hAppy
06-17-2003, 12:02 AM
the silver bullet, its also the ugliest

Banshee23
06-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Wow, where do some people come up with this stuff... The only difference between a piranha & spyder is the striker, one being thinner than the other. Well the damn metric screws too... The pro ts is nice but it's no different from the $100 blowbacks cept for the mako frame & the not so good PE regulator they throw on there. For what it costs you could take for example a sypder esprit ($80), throw in a bunch of upgrades & have a much more consistant electro hybrid gun that doesn't kick at all compared to the pro ts. And the upgraded one will be cheaper too :) And I don't care what you think, but blowbacks CAN hang with the mags & cockers & stuff. Oh yeah rebels are the worst blowbacks BTW, their stock parts & build is really terrible :)

no_doz
06-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Banshee23
...you could take for example a sypder esprit ($80), throw in a bunch of upgrades & have a much more consistant electro hybrid gun that doesn't kick at all compared to the pro ts... And I don't care what you think, but blowbacks CAN hang with the mags & cockers & stuff.

yea banshee, u could also take a talon, put cheap cocker pneus on it, and a spyder eframe, rig it up and u have an e-cocker for a lot cheaper that you can go out and buy one for! It would hang right up there with Xmags and angels speeds! :rolleyes:

Banshee23
06-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Wow that was an intelligent reply...

no_doz
06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Why yes it is banshee, i found it pretty amusing myself:D lol

bryceeden
06-22-2003, 08:35 PM
I actually like the e-spyders, they arn't mags, but they arn't trying to be. I would say the GTVE is the worst just because it is so easy to break.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-23-2003, 12:07 AM
On the Spyder/Piranha debate...

I've shot tons and tons of Spyders. I've fixed tons, and tons more of them. And every single Spyder I've fixed, and shot, it couldnt hold a candle to my old STOCK STS. I believe this is because PMI makes their markers to a higher standard. There arent ugly solder marks around the powerfeed like on Spyders. My STS wouldnt break paint, or chop at all, unlike almost every Spyder I've come across. And the customer service for PMI is fantastic. There are more differences than just the strikers (I guess you mean hammers). I feel that PMI makes a much higher quality gun than Kingman can.

I also believe that a customized Piranha can stay up there with the big guns, but remember, it isnt the gun that matters. It's the player pulling the trigger. You could put a Piranha in my hands today, and I'd still be the same player I was with my E-Mag.

Nomad
06-23-2003, 12:56 AM
JT EXCELLERATORS!! :D :D

Mossman
06-23-2003, 01:43 AM
I've got a pirhana with storm frame sitting in my closet. It's definately the most solid of any blowback i've ever felt, but it sucks too much for me to use. The fact that no_doz likes it is enough for me to banish it to the closet forever.

Anyhow, rebels are complete and utter trash. 32* blows as much as references to popping pills on internet forums.

FalconGuy016
06-23-2003, 10:10 AM
The best eframe is the piranha one, it almost doesnt matter what gun it is

Kevmaster
06-23-2003, 11:21 AM
this is rediculous...they're all identical....

sure kingman has their spinner wheels to choose what they put on the marker next, but there's no difference betweena spyder blah and a rebel X and a phirrana Y...they're all hte SAME!!! If you think one sucks, they ALL Suck. If you think ones cool..they're ALL cool

FalconGuy016
06-23-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
this is rediculous...they're all identical....

sure kingman has their spinner wheels to choose what they put on the marker next, but there's no difference betweena spyder blah and a rebel X and a phirrana Y...they're all hte SAME!!! If you think one sucks, they ALL Suck. If you think ones cool..they're ALL cool

Do you even know what you are talking about. Go to your shop and try out the different cheap electro trigger, they are very different.

no_doz
06-23-2003, 01:00 PM
kevmaster, even though i appreciate your input, remember 1.read 2.comprehend 3.post. and mossman, please remove step 3 from the process whereas u never have anything positive to say.... thanx!

Kevmaster
06-23-2003, 01:52 PM
no_doz...yes, i raed, i just wanted you to know your post was total hog wash

Falcon: yes, lets see...i had a Spyder Sonix, a Black Dragun, a GTVe, a Phirrana something, and a Rebel Extreme or something all on the wall..they were all the exact same junk if you ask me

thats like saying a spyder TL+ is better thana phirrana pro or something

FalconGuy016
06-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
no_doz...yes, i raed, i just wanted you to know your post was total hog wash

Falcon: yes, lets see...i had a Spyder Sonix, a Black Dragun, a GTVe, a Phirrana something, and a Rebel Extreme or something all on the wall..they were all the exact same junk if you ask me

thats like saying a spyder TL+ is better thana phirrana pro or something

Are those electronic?

no_doz
06-23-2003, 02:32 PM
sorry for washin the hog bud. lol

ReTro Boy
06-23-2003, 03:01 PM
We have E-Pirahnas, E-Spyders, E-Rebels, Icon-E (E-99 ripoff) and the E-JT in our store and I'll have to say that the triggers are very different. If the simple fact that they are blowbacks makes them "trash", then so be it...but they are not all the same. There are higher quality blowbacks and low quality blowbacks.

That said, The E-Rebel is the worst I've seen. Besides the really bad trigger pull, the solenoid is WAY to weak. If you are shooting low and put in a harder spring, the solenoid doesn't have the power to pull the sear with the added pressure. It's just sad...

I've been very impressed with the PMI Pirahna E-Force markers. They are inexpensive, very good trigger pulls, quality parts and craftsmanship, great warranty, and best of all, it's made in the USA.

-Carnifex-
06-23-2003, 03:10 PM
My E-99 shoots great.

no_doz
06-23-2003, 03:32 PM
my friend has an e99 and its awful, the piranhas are just flat out higher quality blowbacks. If u bought the right upgrades a blowback could hang with the upper class, the only good stock one ive ever shot was my old bd, and my cousins pro ts and it is great, the bd wasnt consistant, but the trigger was very good and it didnt break.

lew
06-23-2003, 03:45 PM
There is nothing like a completely aftermarket Spyder that operaes at 300 psi, efficiently. Thats what mine shall be in a short while. But, I agree with those of you that say all those E-frames suck. Stick to mechanical.

silentdeath55
06-23-2003, 04:46 PM
one of my friends just got into paintball, and bought a rebel BTB electric. Thats great and all, but for another 50-60 bucks he could have gotten a decent used mag. I tried to talk him into it but he had his heart set on that "thing". It looks cool and all, but it chops like mad if you dont know the limitations of the trigger and the rate at which the balls are being fed. By the way, his gun really, really sucks. If he were to drop it, it would probably shatter into many pieces.

-=Squid=-
06-23-2003, 04:51 PM
THANK YOU KEVMASTER! About time somebody understands what im sayin! I do have to admit though, that the E-rebels ARE worse. Put air to em, and you can pull the trigger, they will shoot every once in a while...they dont always shoot...now THATS trash, but yes, they are all pretty much identicle in function.

-Carnifex-
06-23-2003, 04:53 PM
K, my E-99 shoots great though.