PDA

View Full Version : chrome removal

deweasel697
08-25-2001, 08:38 PM
I want to get some parts i have annodized, but they are chrome. Can the chrome be removed so the parts can be annodized?

Gjobsin
08-25-2001, 09:23 PM
yeah they simply sand blast it

Bearshirt
08-25-2001, 09:28 PM
Gotta ask why?

Removing chrome will damaged the metal underneath, and you'll have to polish it, or live with the marks left.
Is it chrome over aluminun or steel?
You can only anodize aluminum.

deweasel697
08-25-2001, 09:38 PM
its over aluminum. If it's sandblasted and then annodized will there be marks?

deweasel697
08-25-2001, 09:42 PM
oh yah and also i have a micromag body that i want to get annodized a new color. I want to get it done by a local company that doesnt specialize in paintball annodizing. Is there any problems that might occur by having them annodize it. WHat should i tell them to do about the inside of the body?

Bearshirt
08-26-2001, 05:16 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by deweasel697:
oh yah and also i have a micromag body that i want to get annodized a new color. I want to get it done by a local company that doesnt specialize in paintball annodizing. Is there any problems that might occur by having them annodize it. WHat should i tell them to do about the inside of the body?</font>

Any marks made in removeing the old finish will show up through the new anodizeing finish. Ano is only .001-.003" thick, so polish the metal before you ano it. If you don't want shinny, bead blast it and you'll get nice flat finish.

Before you do anything, take the gun into the anodizing vendor and let him see what you want. I beleieve they have acid or alakli dips that will take off old ano, which won't leave deep marks in the base metal except a light pitting. At any rate the Ano people can fix you up and they'll let you know what the choices are.

Good luck.

deweasel697
08-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info. it helped a lot.
DeWeasel697