PDA

View Full Version : ULE installation Question?

brad
06-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Im trying to install my ULE body, but the stock barrel lock that is attached to the rail is in the way. Since the ULE has cocker threads, there is no hole or need for that pin to be there anymore. How do I remove it so the ULE can sit on the rail? The guy at my local shop said to file it off, but I dont think he knew what he was saying? The ULE is made by AGD, so there has to be a way that wouldnt "void the warranty"

athomas
06-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Use a vise and press the twist lock assembly out of the rail. The assembly comes out of the top of the rail.

jaylock33
06-16-2003, 02:37 PM
I lacked a vice so what worked for me was to place the rail upside down on a piece of wood, placed a second piece of wood over the twistlock assembly and tapped the wood with a hammer until the twistlock came out.

xPx
07-02-2003, 12:08 AM
what is a vice ?

yurchikcs
07-02-2003, 03:22 AM
A bench vise... basically a big metal clamp that bolts to a workbench. They can be used as a cheap press.

Meph
07-02-2003, 02:24 PM
I had the exact same problem.

Technically you should be able to tap it out with a hammer. Turning the rail upside down and hitting that barrel-locking piece out.

But if you have my luck, I sure hope you know how to use a Dremel with a grinding wheel!