PDA

View Full Version : Best blowback thread

no_doz
06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
first off, if you are going to post in this thread, please have an opinion on the bes blowback out there, even if u dont like blowbacks. do NOT post with messages like "they are all the same" "they all suck" or "this is a stupid thread" because those may be your opinions, and i really dont care to hear them, as for the rest of you... Thanx for looking!

The Piranha Pro TS is the best blowback in my opinion, or at least that ive shot, my cousin has one and he has broken about 5 balls out of 8 cases, and 3 of them were because of a crappy barrel he got. Plus it shoots pretty hard and accurate, and is relatively quiet. (its stock other than the barrel!)

ß.C.
06-16-2003, 01:20 PM
The best stock(that does not have an absurd price, black widow cough cough) I would have to say is the raider series from WGP. I haven't used a blowback in a while so I don't know if they came out with revolutionary technology that makes them a lot better. IMO one blow back isn't too much better than another, but there is a difference.

yeahthatsme
06-16-2003, 01:39 PM
when i had an e-99 it had a grand total of 0 chops except once when my revy was being screwy. so i say e-99.

ChucktheMAGician
06-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Tippmann model 98 or 98 custom. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin! (much like me;) )

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 01:53 PM
I said it in the last thread, all the blowbacks ARE the same in performance. They all function identically, and most parts are even interchangeable with one another! :rolleyes:

MaChu
06-16-2003, 01:58 PM
there is a differnce between a stingray and an A-5...

Quality, anything from a respectable brand name company will be decent. Top 3 off my head.

Tippmann
PMI
Kingman

in that order.

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Thats not what I meant.

Torbo
06-16-2003, 02:13 PM
any tippmann. They do shoot about they same as most blowbacks, but the quality is tremedous. Tippmanns are simply better made than any other blowbacks.

Mav D MagMan
06-16-2003, 02:16 PM
The ACI F4 Illustrator's the best blowback semi out there.

I've been running one going on five years straight and it's just a tank.

Why it's better built/designed than the other blowbacks-

*All weather valve* I've shot this thing in desert temps and not quite freezing and it's performed perfect. On an ACI expansion chamber it will even shoot co2 at a downward angle nonstop until the tank freezes over (not the marker).

*Totally enclosed body* No dirt/grime gets in this puppy. There's no rear/side cocking to let any in.

*The bolt even accepts Co2 o-rings* These are the o-rings you change most often, and you don't even have to run out and buy a parts kit to do it :)

*No tools field stripping* - Self explanatory

*It takes one allen key set to dissassemble the entire marker* - same

Easy to maintain (feed it oil like a mag), runs great on HPA as well (264, 262, 264's a pretty decent string right, especially with just a screw in HPA tank?), and has never failed me :)

Plus ACI is just down the freeway from me. So made in America and local's another plus.

Enough of my raving :)
Mav
Moderator F4 Owner's Group Forum
Come check it out: F4OG Forum (http://www.f4og.com/ubb604/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)
F4 Owner's Group Home (http://www.f4og.com/)

Koosh
06-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Evil Omen. Why? Its a closed bolt Blowback. That takes skill...

Plus, closed bolt means that it shoots farther, right?:D ;) :D

rikkter
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
squid, was it hard to follow a simple request from him?

anyways.

i think for the price, the tippmann 98 is the best, they're sturdy and realiable from what i've seen. plus they have TONS of stuff you can add on to it.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
I'd have to say Piranha of any sort. Tippmanns can be run over with a tank and still shoot though, but PMI stuff is good. Had very few breaks in my old STS, and it was very realiable. Customer service was GREAT too!!

FalconGuy016
06-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by no_doz
Plus it shoots pretty hard and accurate, and is relatively quiet. (its stock other than the barrel!)

What do you mean by this sentence? Do you mean that because the gun is piranha pro ts it will shoot 'harder' than other guns? And the same with accuracy? Do we need another physics lesson in AO :(

Or am I reading it wrong

-=Squid=-
06-16-2003, 02:50 PM
He made that simple request in regards to the last thread he made. Go figgure.

rikkter
06-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
He made that simple request in regards to the last thread he made. Go figgure.

yeah, pertaining to THIS thread. it was a simple request he made.

GhillieGuy
06-16-2003, 03:33 PM
That new one that raven makes. It's msrp is like 450!:eek:

no_doz
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
rikkter understands, thanx man. BTW falconguy, yea, for a blowback my cousins gun is up with the greats (of blowbacks) IMO... It shoots better than my mag, is about as quiet or quieter, shoots wicked hard turned all the way up (vel. adjuster) and there is virtually **no** kick at all, i dont really think it kicks whatsoever. I had a silver bullet for a month and it kicked so hard that it would pull the trigger for u in semi if u held it lightly.

FalconGuy016
06-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Of course its going to shoot harder when you turn the velocity up... thats the same with ANY gun. You are making the ball go faster.

As for accuracy, its all in the paint to barrel match. Nothing with the type of gun. Paint and barrel match, and velocity, is all there is to accuracy. Its even argued that the blowback is violent enough to nudge the barrel around, giving it an inaccurate feel.

But as long as you agree the first part im fine :)

no_doz
06-16-2003, 05:42 PM
so you are saying that a samurai would shoot as accurate as an evil omen if u could put a good barrel on it? also, i KNOW that any gun with a vel. adjuster will shoot harder the farther its cranked up, thats the whole point of the vel. adjuster in the first place, what i mean is

his gun (fully cranked up) shoots harder than any other blowback (fully cranked up) that i have ever shot, and harder than my mag too.

Mav D MagMan
06-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Shoots harder- And that's supposed to be a positive example of the marker's ability? Lol, more like an accident waiting to happen. Just because you can adjust the marker to high velocities does not mean you should, and it's all dependent on how fresh the spring in your marker is. New spring = more force against striker = higher velocities.

Using your samurai question, if you put a good spring in a samurai it would shoot super "hard" (high velocity as well).

Which is dangerous and worthless anyways. That's why your Mag wont shoot as "hard" they built in a safety device that restricts you from turning it up that high. Pretty nifty huh?

As for accuracy - It's not just barrels that effect accuracy, consistency is important to. Not to mention recoil.

Good barrel + good paint shot out of a consistent marker (with low recoil) = accuracy.

Ignorance is strong in this one :)
Mav

*Edited* Because I can't keep the BE line of markers straight lol

no_doz
06-16-2003, 05:55 PM
lol, well if u ave a real week blowback, then paint dont break, then yur pissin in the wind and waitin to get shot. and if u put to hard of a spring on a samurai ud be wastin yur time, 1st of all it may not recock itself and then it'd be crap, 2nd of all it would just PUREE paint, and 3rd, well, its BE...:D

Mav D MagMan
06-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Oh wait Samurai = the Semi plastic marker. Lol, oops it's hard to keep those things straight sometimes. I'll fix that so that I keep the main idea of the post...

Other than that I'm having a lot of trouble following that post, err I get the joke about BE though! ;)

Mav

Brak
06-16-2003, 06:09 PM
i think blowbacks are worthless, but...

spyder AMG is without a doubt the NICEST blowback out there. it has some serious potential to be a good gun (for a blowback)

but thats not counting the A-5. tippmann A-5s are one of the nicest things i have ever seen, i dont care what anyone says, A-5s RULE

TreeFarm
06-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Nothing wrong with a blowback, when I get someone with a digital camera to take some pics for me I will put up a real blowback :D

Koosh
06-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Heya Treefarm, you going to the Miliken game on Saturday? I will be there, most likely, and can take the pictures to show what a REAL blowback looks like...

beefstew
06-16-2003, 07:26 PM
f Plus it shoots pretty hard and accurate
Yeah.
It shoots HARD doesnt it......

LittlePaintballBoy
06-16-2003, 07:41 PM
so you are saying that a samurai would shoot as accurate as an evil omen if u could put a good barrel on it?

actually, if you shot the same paint out of the same barrel on both guns the accuraccy would be the same;)

no_doz
06-16-2003, 07:55 PM
thats nice lpb, lol

LittlePaintballBoy
06-16-2003, 08:07 PM
just the facts mam'

LittlePaintballBoy
06-16-2003, 08:09 PM
pic

TreeFarm
06-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Not sure yet Koosh, my bro is going to be in town from Cali for the weekend, so its wait and see at the moment to see if I will have time to come up or not.

nerobro
06-16-2003, 09:44 PM
anything in superbugmans collection ;-) here's the link Superbugmans guns (http://www.suprbugman.com/)

Check out those blowbacks ;-)

they're some really nice guns.

As for from the factory... the Omen is probally the best blowback out there.

ChucktheMAGician
06-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Interesting site, but "The simplicity and reliability of their design " caught me a little off. Wouldn't that be Sheridans design?;) :rolleyes: :D

Mav D MagMan
06-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy

actually, if you shot the same paint out of the same barrel on both guns the accuraccy would be the same;)

Correct but missing the elements I already pointed out.

Consistency - Better machined internals/higher quality springs/valve designs yield more consistent markers.

If that samurai is deviating 10+/- fps every shot while that omen is doing less like say 3+/- (made up numbers) The omen will be shooting more accurate (the paint's following a closer trajectory)

Unless mounted on a test stand recoil is important to - Ever shot a "low-end" blowback? They kick like mules from overly heavy internals. That can throw accuracy off a bit to ;)

Mav

hAppy
06-16-2003, 11:56 PM
i say spyders are pretty decent guns!
basically a tl plus is the easiest and probably the best blowback

nerobro
06-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Mav D MagMan

Consistency - Better machined internals/higher quality springs/valve designs yield more consistent markers.

Mav

AKA was origianlly intending the viking to be a blowback.

they abandoned that project. It turns out when you build a blowback as preciscely as AKA insists, you get velocity and consistancy PROBLEMS!!! so "better machined internals" is actually a problem for spyders and other blowbacks.

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Then why would polished internals improve performance?

Not disagreeing, just wondering. Hasn't it always been viewed as a performance enhancer, even in blowbacks?

Or is there something different in machining the parts too well that I can't come up with. Blowbacks are meant to be tough and rugged ;)

Mav

P.S. Lol that's funny, I spent my 500th post repeating myself, woohoo :)

p8ntballsnowman
06-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Definetly tippmann

nerobro
06-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Then why would polished internals improve performance?

Show me data supporting polished internals helps "preformance" in some way ;-) I've never seen any.

and polishing the internals removes metal widening the tolerances in an uneven manner. so you're actually taking the gun further out of spec ;-)

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Lol, I have no data, just 2nd hand information that it does help performance.

Good point though :)

I see it often actually, guess I'll have to give it a whirl on my "testing" F4 (in comparison to my good F4).

Smart thinking!
Mav

boggerman
06-17-2003, 01:24 AM
Most of my buddies shoot blowbacks of some type. My experience would list them like this:
1. F4 Illustrator - I'm with Mav on this one
2. Piranha/Tippman - it's a toss-up between these two
3. Spyder

109. Rebel - ball-chopin', inconsistant
110. ViewLoader - see above

157. B.E.

This is just my opinion from what I have seen. Take it for what it is worth.

Jerhew
06-17-2003, 01:30 AM
since this is a blowback discussion and accuracy/consistancy has come up... someone has to point out the fatal flaw in blowbacks...

i guess it'll be me :D(sorry guys don't flame me :p )

here's the problem...
when the gun is fired the striker(or hammer or...whatever you wanna call it) is pushed forward by the mainspring and hits the pin on the valve letting out a burst of air...(this isn't the problem part yet..)
in fact that's exactly how a cocker works...
except for one vital difference...
on a cocker, the hammer isn't connected to anything else so
it (theoretically) hits with the same force everytime...letting out the same amount of air...which is why cockers are usually pretty consistent(as long as everything is working the way it ought to)
on a blowback the hammer is connected to the bolt...so when you fire the gun the bolt/hammer combo has to force the ball forward into the chamber before the hammer can do it's job...since balls vary in size and probably tend to bobble around a little you will have a variance in friction...and hence a variance in the force put forth to the valve.... hence poor consistency
this varies from gun to gun...no question about it

this brings me to the part where someone mentioned the whole "better machined internals" thing
i'm not sure what is meant by "better" but i imagine they tried to make it with a lighter mainspring to make it a so called "low pressure" marker
by making a blowback low pressure...all you're really doing is enhancing it's biggest weakness! with a softer spring, you're making friction a bigger issue(see freeflow 'cockers)
bottom line:
blowbacks are better off with heavier mainsprings

Jerhew
06-17-2003, 01:38 AM
oh ya
IMO
the best blowback was the tippman pro-lite/carbine
i bought my new in 97
they're total freakin' tanks
i abused my pro-lite so bad it's not even funny...
and i've still never changed a single O-ring!
if it ever stopped working you just spray some good ol' wd-40 on the hammer and you're good to go :D
i sold it to a friend last year and it still works to this day.

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 01:38 AM
OT
Well dude he did ask for opinions on the markers, not their operation. And specifically asked for people not to do that...

You're right about the way a stacked tube blowback performs but why bother cluttering this thread?

No by better machined internals I had no interest in springs at all (or anything like a low-pressure operation). Mostly that the rough trash strikers etc of a shelf blowback, compared to that of a mid range/higher end blowback is quite different and effect performance.

I guess I should have said quality, but an interesting point was made by nerobro because of my mistake.

As for quality - ever seen a low end BE shear off it's sear/striker edges? It's a real shame, I've seen it done in just a few months/couple cases of paint use. Reason being my F4 has seen four years of use and still retains a good crisp sear/striker edge.

And dude Jerhew you know that WD 40 actually eats paintball o-rings right? I'm glad that prolite's a tank because you're probably would have done a number on a lesser built marker! ;)

You were right on one thing though, blowbacks perform better on stronger mainsprings. It allows for a lighter striker (less recoil) while still maintaining the force to open the valve for the correct dwell :)

Mav

*edit* almost forgot - your post about consistency - If a string of 264, 262, 264 isn't good enough with my F4 then I'm not too sure what is (running HPA but still had a bad paint-barrel match)

Jerhew
06-17-2003, 01:55 AM
do NOT post with messages like "they are all the same" "they all suck" or "this is a stupid thread" because those may be your opinions, and i really dont care to hear them, as for the rest of you... Thanx for looking!

well i didnt just come here and bash blowbacks...
i expressed some thoughts that are relevant to the dicussion

especially
when nero said

AKA was origianlly intending the viking to be a blowback.

they abandoned that project. It turns out when you build a blowback as preciscely as AKA insists, you get velocity and consistancy PROBLEMS!!! so "better machined internals" is actually a problem for spyders and other blowbacks.

i took it to mean lower pressure since an increase precision itself would NEVER cause velocity problems...

so i felt it was prudent for the people who might have actually thought that "precision" causes "problems" and go off and buy a stingray just because it's not precision made :P

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 02:03 AM
Allright, that relevance thing works a little, I'll let you off this time with a warning ;)

Back OT

Well that's what he said, precision internals, not lower pressures ;) So I guess that's what it really means, they caused more harm than good...

And I guess it is important to point that out lol ("go buy stingrays, they're better because we don't really try!" Be Antiprecision Division)

Mav

Jerhew
06-17-2003, 02:03 AM
oh ya and by the way
the propellent in wd-40 is the thing that eats O-rings
as long as you don't spray it directly on them
you won't see a problem(especially with neoprene)

and i didn't say that every blowback's consistency is atrocious
sure there will be some guns that work better than others
but generally speaking, if you're starting with a blowback, you're starting with a...less good... design than others

it's kinda like trying to get an air efficient automag :)

and btw
sorry
for going o/t in any case(i hate when people do that)

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 02:07 AM
Wd40- Hmm news to me. I'd believe it with proof but it sounds reasonable I guess. I still wouldn't reccomend it when their are air gun specific oils out there :)

I did miss your point that it varies between markers, and yeah many blowbacks do suffer from horrible shot-to-shot. But I attribute a lot of it to the fact that if you're using a blowback semi you tend to not know what you're doing. As bad as it sounds that means sucky aftermarket parts, poor paint-barrel matches/poor barrels themselves, dirty internals, and improper co2 setups etc.

But thanks for clearing that up and bein cool!

Mav

*edit* just noticed how you worded that lol, blowbacks aren't top of the line nor will they ever be again. They're not exactly outdated though, and still perform a postive function as the gateway paintmarkers :) If we didn't have them we wouldn't have paintball today ;) (Man what a children's story ending!)

Jerhew
06-17-2003, 02:18 AM
hehe well
i didn't want to cause any bad blood
and ya i shouldve mentioned that the wd-40 thing was back when we didn't know they made paintball gun lube

i wouldn't recommend wd-40 now(unless you're running a pro-carbine hehe)

breg
06-17-2003, 04:03 AM
I'd have to say my old spyder TL plus, if for no other reason than she was my first marker.

guysdaman
06-17-2003, 07:43 AM
IMHO I would have to say the pro-lite by tippmann I've had mine for about 7 years and it still rock and rolls to this day...I have done some mods to the trigger assembly and it is just about as light as any other mech frame can get! Plus they are built like brick ****houses!

no_doz
06-17-2003, 10:20 AM
yea, tip prolites are built like tanx,but i still like anything with an e-trigger, get one on a prolite and u got a KAPP... :D plus it looks like a shotgun.

Mickster
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM
I would have to say the Inferno, they are so easy to maintain, easy on the budget and perfect for rec sites as most sites here use them. Can also be upgraded quite easily as one of my teamates is in the process of doing right now. I have aslo fired other blowbacks however this is by far the best that i have found. (if your goin to go into which particular inferno then i would have to say the T3)

cheers

Mike

no_doz
06-17-2003, 05:25 PM
thanx for yur input mickster. has anyone used the e-ranger?

nerobro
06-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Yes... they are 10bps from the factory,. And are painfully slow to fire. Great gun.. needs a new board ;-)

CrazyLad
06-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Piranha Ext G2 or Spyder TL+

LittlePaintballBoy
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM

1)If that samurai is deviating 10+/- fps every shot while that omen is doing less like say 3+/- (made up numbers) The omen will be shooting more accurate (the paint's following a closer trajectory)

2)Unless mounted on a test stand recoil is important to - Ever shot a "low-end" blowback? They kick like mules from overly heavy internals. That can throw accuracy off a bit to ;)

Mav
1) im talking about 1 shot. consistency doesnt matter with 1 shot.
2) actually yes, my first gun was a BE Avenger and then a TL+(spyder) man that BE had bad kick, it would knock me back just running around the house cocking it and bunkering house plants

:p

Automag88
06-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I'd have to go with a Stringray. Super durable. Just port and polish the stock barrel and it's comparable to any Spyder and Spyder clone (ie: Piranha) out there.Plus replacement parts are super cheap.

no_doz
06-17-2003, 06:57 PM
dont tell me u actually have a stingray.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheJester
06-17-2003, 08:42 PM
tippmann 68 carbine

sneakyhacker420
06-17-2003, 09:00 PM
so you are saying that a samurai would shoot as accurate as an evil omen if u could put a good barrel on it? also, i KNOW that any gun with a vel. adjuster will shoot harder the farther its cranked up, thats the whole point of the vel. adjuster in the first place, what i mean is

his gun (fully cranked up) shoots harder than any other blowback (fully cranked up) that i have ever shot, and harder than my mag too.

i can get my mag to shoot 487 fps... beat that... POOPOO HEADS!

No Cussing

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2003, 09:01 PM
Wouldn't the valve vent...

Mav

sneakyhacker420
06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
nope... if you do it my way atleast :p

LittlePaintballBoy
06-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
nope... if you do it my way atleast :p

im pretty sure i dont want to know your way:p

superdesk2007
06-17-2003, 10:01 PM
I like Tippman 98's. My old Pirahana was O.K., the bottomline leaked, put an o-ring in the vertical adapter, I ran it on vertical, worked great 'till I broke the bolt.

68magOwner
06-18-2003, 12:38 PM
sneakyhacker, whats "your way"

chizle97
06-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey You guys forgot the Sentinal TS or the Diadem by action markers. they borth are really cool and the diadem is better than any other seartripping blow back. also they only run at about 450 psi so thats pretty good plus they have really cool milling.

E-mag-uy
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
The nicest blowback by far is definetly either Suprbugman's Spyder called Pride or Terry's VLM Spyder.

SuprBugman, www.suprbugman.com

terry, www.g3pb.com

no_doz
06-18-2003, 03:00 PM
i agree

E-mag-uy
06-18-2003, 05:55 PM
Here is Pride, by far my favorite blowback.

no_doz
06-18-2003, 06:24 PM
when i start my own blowback project (either a spyder, rebl, or millenium) im going to get it milled like that on top.

E-mag-uy
06-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Yea, i like the milling too, id put an electro trigger frame on that, then it would be so so sweet.

AND YES EVERYONE THAT IS A SPYDER!!!!:D www,suprbugman.com

SuPrBuGmAn
06-19-2003, 08:16 AM
My 2nd VLM will have an electronic frame, just so you guys know ;)

ugabiged88
06-19-2003, 08:45 AM
My favorite blowback is a Black Dragun with a stick trigger. That gun could absolutely rip, for a blowback.

The only real problem with a blowback marker is that they kick a lot when being fired. If they didn't kick, they could be very nice guns.

SuPrBuGmAn
06-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ugabiged88

The only real problem with a blowback marker is that they kick a lot when being fired. If they didn't kick, they could be very nice guns.

Ti Hammer + Delrin Bolt + Light Main Spring = as much if not less kick than most electro-pneumatics. :D

Just a thought...

bryceeden
06-19-2003, 09:02 AM
The Spyder Electra DX is the best blowback. It can out perform any other blowback I have seen and most low to mid level cockers. It never breaks paint, if you can get an uncapped model it isn't hard to shoot 17bps, and it is very very light. I would say it is accurate, but that all depends on the barrel, but the stock is pretty good.

I like the reliability of tippmanns, but they are to high profile and "clunky". They also(in my opinion) have very poor triggers even with the RT.

PMIs are great spyder clones, and they look cool, but they seem to fry alot of cup seals.

GTV's are great, but to get ideal performance it takes a ton of money in upgrades.

The action markers are as reliable as tippmanns and as fast and light as non-electro spyders, but they are alittle over priced for their features.

I like the Armotech Mars series, but the are hard to get a hold of due to slow production.

The Raven Nexion is increadable, but way overpriced.

All in all I think the Electra DX is the best.

Meph
06-19-2003, 11:13 AM
What is THE best blowback? Well it all depends on which one the person themselves like the best in their hands. So for me specifically. The Tippmann A-5.

I'm not a fan of Tippmann because they pay me. I just like the way they feel and operate. Some think I'm biased towards them, but oh well. Let 'em think that, no biggie.

Now why would I say a glorified 98Custom would be the best blowback? Well it's just like how some people like the glorified Spyders.... Intimidators and Impulses!
I guess I can make a list then.

** Cyclone. Sorry, but a marker that comes with a built in hopper is pretty hard to beat right there. THE fastest, most consistent hopper on the market with no worries of over-feeding or crushing paint (take THAT Halo!). Not to mention no worries of batteries! Uses excess blowback gas and feeds each time you fire. I can remember when Tippmann first introduced the A-5 and we handed it out to newbies. Now these are newbies, the people who are harsh on everything. Every place Tippmann went, there were some A-5 to lend out. After many months it had accumulated over 50,000 shots. And not ONE single chop. That's right, 50K shots in many different hands, and not one of those paintballs had chopped. Pretty remarkable for a blowback.

** Upgrades. Every marker has pleanty of upgrades. So this really means squat for either. Electronic grip frames are out for both stacked tube blowbacks and Tippmann markers, so no real comparison. Not for average upgrades.

** Flatline. A 10-inch flatline barrel. Besides the 98C and custom-cockers, Tippmann is the only marker to have the Flatline! It may not be for everybody or every field, but for the people it is right for. It's there! Kind of nice to have the only barrel system guaranteed to give that much extra range.

** Customer Service. PMI has nice service yes, but Kingman flat out sucks. Tippmann doesn't have a reputation for the best service in the industry for nothing. Even here at AO where AGD has great service themselves, you'll see people talk about Tippmann having the best service! Can't beat that, when the company completely backs it's product far and beyond its warranty.

** Reliability/Durability. Sorry but even some of the best STBB's (Piranhas) just aren't as durable as a Tippmann. I have a Tippmann from 1986 that's still working! Their quality is hard to match, let alone beat. You don't here frequent stories of people running them over, dropping them off a building, surviving a house fire and being charred.... yet in the end always gassed up and still working.

** The feel. This is of course one of the most important things. I don't like a Spyder's feel yet I do like an Intimidator. Go figure? Oh well. But I just really feel comfortable with the A-5 in my hand. I know exactly where that paintball is going to land when I pull that trigger, and this familiarity with one's marker is the most important and vital thing for everybody. Especially tournament players.

** Consistency. The A-5 is surprisingly consistent. Even without a regulator, just screwing in a Crossfire tank. I can get 6fps varience. Might not sound that great, but without a secondary regulator and running off of 850psi with a Tippmann, that's actually pretty good. When I did slap a Palmer Stab on there, these were ball on ball.

** Field stripping. Sure you can brag about one push pin and remove the bolt/hammer assembly. But guess what? You still have the entire valve stuck in there! HA! Unlike the A-5, it might take a couple more push-pins (a GRAND total of all 4) but the A-5 can be completely disassembled..... hammer, bolt, AND valve assembly. All removed in just seconds.

** Price. Some people complained "Its too expensive" yeah well that was last April when it just debuted. Now a little over a year later these can be found for just a bit over 200 bucks. 215 dollars for marker AND a force-feed system built on. Fastest marker/feed system on the market, guaranteed.

Some people might not like the Cyclone on the side, some might not like how it's a little longer than the average STBB, or may not like the weight, or balance. But for me personally it's perfect.
Overall with everything I've mentioned, it's actually pretty hard to beat.

SuPrBuGmAn
06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Meph

** Customer Service. PMI has nice service yes, but Kingman flat out sucks.

Dealt with Kingman lately? :) They've done a 180º turnaround on their custom service department. I'd say they are atleast as good as PMI at the moment. Tippman and AGD still get the trophies for having THE best CS in the paintball industry :D:tup:

Always fun to read your posts, by the way, Meph :)

Big_M
06-19-2003, 01:41 PM
I too love my A-5, I don't care how clunky it is, it just feels so right to hold and shoot *cuddles A-5*

nerobro
06-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Bugman, it's good to see you in a "proper" forum ;-) *grins*

If you can't tell I gave you gun collection it's due respect.

someoen mentioned the Action marker guns... I think I agree. They are the best blowbacks out there.

SuPrBuGmAn
06-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah, thanks for the credit Nero :)

I've spied out AO for awhile, but I'm just now registering. Someone emailed me for permission to use the pic so I figured I'd better chime in and take some credit :D

no_doz
06-19-2003, 04:03 PM
would u possibly sell pride? if u would id love to know a price.

Koosh
06-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SuPrBuGmAn

They've done a 360º turnaround on their custom service department...

Sorry, but I guess that means there stuck right back where they started then, right? ;)

SuPrBuGmAn
06-19-2003, 04:35 PM
would u possibly sell pride? if u would id love to know a price.

Thats a negative, however if you want a price to build... $1700ish

Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh

Sorry, but I guess that means there stuck right back where they started then, right? ;)

How dare you insult me with logic! :D

Now off I goto attempt salvaging any humility I have left by editting my original ;)