PDA

View Full Version : Help me with advertising!?

Goldie D Pimp
06-16-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm looking at buying ad space for our retail store/field at the movie theater. You know, the slides they show before the movies?

It seems to me that would be hitting our target audience and would be about the same price as a nice sized ad in the local paper.

However I'm not exactly sure what type of info I should put in the ad.

I've come up with all kinds of ideas, but they all seem more for people who know what paintball actually is. I'm wanting to gear the ad for those who've never played.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what type of info to put on this thing?

Star_Base_CGI
06-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Well after Toms been working on his ad ideas for a while. He finally got it that these people will only see an Ad for a few seconds.

You want the name of your field, a color photo, a photo a website and something that ties it into Paintball, like Spplat Graphics and or paintball guns.

Hoplon
06-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Your going to want to make your field look like it's geared for new players in the add. Making your field look less intimidating will yeild better results.

I would try to make some type referance to what a rush playing is too.

If you have any gimmicks like a tank or castle incorperate them into the add.

Demobilized
06-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Through out something about cheap rental gear and how private groups are available incase some of the people want to take it slow. Also id try and get a pic of like a church group or something up there to show how any age and size can play.

adam shannon
06-16-2003, 01:32 PM
my local field did this also. they went with the happy, fun, it doesnt hurt, kids/private groups always welcome approach. showing lots of guns and/or lots of militia looking camo will scare the moms and even if the kids are stoked to try it the mothers of america will quash any and all hopes of them getting a, red ryder model 7 bb gun with a compass in the stock and the sling that tells time cuz theyll shoot their er uh...oh wait paintball gun for xmas.

Brak
06-16-2003, 06:17 PM
"wish you could do the violent shooting about to happen in this movie!? well you can! yes, you, fat guy in the first row with 2 tubs of popcorn! so get your butt over to (insert name here)'s paintball field and take out the anger you have built up inside of you toward those jerks making fun of you for seeing the matrix 18 times!"

its a sample, but you get my drift. dont just have a picture of a gun and the name of your place, TALK to the audience.

you know the adds in the movie thater advertising the add space (it says like "you just read this and junk")? you should spoof that with something like that. like something along the lines of: "you just read this, but you cant shoot it! come to (insert name here)'s paintball field!"