PDA

View Full Version : RT PRO - question on the design!!

Mechanic79
08-24-2001, 03:43 PM
1. Is there a hardline kit and gas through grip set-up like on the original RT for the RT PRO?
2. Why are there no additional airports on the RT PRO like on the RT? I thought these were for future add-ons, according to the AGD video.
3. If this gun can cycle at 26 rps why couldn't the trigger be set to bounce or have that "Sweet Spot" so it could shoot 10-12 rps extremely easily? Right now I have to really, really work at it to get it to shoot fast. I think it should be easier. I've been told by Jon that on/off pins can achieve this but you must be careful. I wish AGD could adjust it so it would be right and since I just bought it 2 months ago.

thanks

------------------
Automag RT PRO PF/HL
Centerflag 68ci 4.5k psi
Ricochet 2K hopper

Chef123161
08-24-2001, 04:01 PM
Not everyone likes to "shoot 10-12 rps extremely easy." Reactiveness is determined by the input pressure and the on/off pin. The higher the input pressure, the more reactive it is. The shorter the on/off pin, the more reactive it is. Someone on these boards (Butterfingers I think) shortened his on/off pin and his RT is uncontrollable at any pressure above 500 psi (dont ask me why I remember this).

P.S. I dont recommend doing this.

magc68
08-24-2001, 04:57 PM
1, no there is no hardline setup
the rt pro is a trimmed version of the RT.

2, no airports int he body rail since the air feeds to the valve from the side. also due to the trim on the rt pro

3, if u want your gun to sweetspot play with the input pressure. also your gun will take about 5000 shots before u really see the trigger come in nicely.

------------------
Team Recursion's Website (http://recursionpb.homestead.com/index.html)

Mechanic79
08-25-2001, 06:01 AM
I don't want uncontrollable but I do think it could be easier to shoot faster.

I have a preset Reg 850 psi!

I have a TKO drop forward I would like to use but the stock SS hose is too short. but I don't want a hose that will get in the way of the front grip. any suggestions?

I think I have about 2400-2800 shots through my RT PRO.

I have shot regular automags with single triggers with trigger jobs that shoot faster easier than mine.

Thanks again.

------------------
Automag RT PRO PF/HL
Centerflag 68ci 4.5k psi
Ricochet 2K hopper

BlackVCG
08-25-2001, 12:24 PM
If you make it so that the thing can go into run-away mode all the time, you'll chop paint all day because your hopper can't keep up. It's not the design of the valve to be able to go into run-away mode easily. You'll end up having more problems and wish the gun was easier to control after you use one that can easily go into run-away mode.

The RT-Pro is a trimmed version of the RT that is more compatible with parts from other guns. You can use an AIR valve in an RT-Pro if you wanted to because it has the same z-groove in the rail. On the RT, the only interchangeable parts with other AGD guns were a couple of o-rings. The don't have the air ports in the rail anymore because they never were used for much more than an input pressure guage.

Bearshirt
08-25-2001, 09:44 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by magc68:
3, if u want your gun to sweetspot play with the input pressure. also your gun will take about 5000 shots before u really see the trigger come in nicely.

</font>

How adjustable is this "sweet spot".
I too don't want runaway firing, I want someting around 8-10 bps,
my 12 volt rev keeps up fine at 10, Anything faster and I chop paint. So my question is, can you dial in an max ROF by goofing with the imput pressure. Or does the gun shoot reactive or it doesn't?

FeelTheRT
08-25-2001, 10:29 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bearshirt:
How adjustable is this "sweet spot".
I too don't want runaway firing, I want someting around 8-10 bps,
my 12 volt rev keeps up fine at 10, Anything faster and I chop paint. So my question is, can you dial in an max ROF by goofing with the imput pressure. Or does the gun shoot reactive or it doesn't?</font>

quite adjustable acutally. But u haveto have an adjustable tank http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif.

Get the AGD Warp Feed.

Mechanic79
08-26-2001, 01:14 PM
OK, maybe I didn't explain my situation quite well, my gun doesn't seem to have any advantage over, lets say a tippmann 98 custom, as far as trigger pull goes.
Yes the reactive trigger works, I don't think it works how it should.
I don't want an uncontrolable or run away trigger.
I want a trigger that shoots fast easily, which mine shoots somewhat fast but takes alot of work to obtain the speed.
I tested my pull on a digital Co2 scale and it ranged from 2.11# to 3.75# pull. this gun is supposed to have a 2# pull and 4# return. which it doesn't seem to consistantly anyways. or maybe the digital scales aren't acurate which I hope they would be.

nonetheless, thanks for everyones replies, I do appreciate it:-)
PS: I don't have an adjustable regulator!

------------------
Automag RT PRO PF/HL
Centerflag 68ci 4.5k psi
Ricochet 2K hopper

BlackVCG
08-26-2001, 01:53 PM
Get your tank tested to see what the output is. Then try an adjustable tank and run the output higher than what your preset tank is at. See if this helps and if not, call and talk to Jon or Jeff at AGD and tell him what you think about your gun. A .005" shorter pin can help, but you need to talk to one of them and see what they recommend.

mykroft
08-27-2001, 08:38 AM
If you're having problems shooting fast, you might want to consider a 2x frame such as the Intelliframe. I find the blade trigger exremely easy to shoot fast, as in 8-10bps without problems. I'm running a ReTrovalve Mag with an 850psi preset.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Mechanic79
08-27-2001, 02:08 PM
A couple more things
1. Does the RT PRO have an inline filter like on the RT?
2. I have a hopper left power feed. Do these take regular automag barrels that are also PF/HL? My stock barrel isn't tapered at the beginning of the groove, so when the barrel is inserted it meets the compression pin with a flat surface and is very difficult to put on!
3. What is the warranty on the RT PRO?