PDA

View Full Version : RTPro or A diff mag?

Magzown
06-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Hi there, im getting into the tourney scene with my team, and i play front (though, if the situation calls i can play all positions) and i have been looking at a mag for sme time. Heres my problem, icant decide whether to get an RTPro, or just buy a different mag (say a TKO, or Mini) and slam on some upgrades. I need to be able to squeeze the most preformance out of my marker, for the least amount of money, In short term and long term ALIKE. So, which do you recomend? Thanks, and i look forward to getting to know you all :)

Cryer
06-16-2003, 07:21 PM
First off, Welcome. I'm glad youve seen the light;) :p

Anyways, The RTPro comes tournie-ready out of the box. There's nothing else that you'd want to put on top of it. (besides air and a loader...). If you talk to CPhillip or Tunaman (two of the Moderators here) they have a deal going all thru June: Buy an RTPro, get a warp feed free. That's a hell of a deal. Check it out here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86088)

It's cheaper in the long run to get an RTPro, as you get everything in a package, but you have to shell out the cash all at once. If you can mange that, go for it. Otherwise, like you pointed out, if you get a mini or TKO, you can upgrade over time. A part here, a part there, and so on. That's what I did and I came out with this:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=830270
That's a ULE (lighter aluminum and cocker-threaded) mainbody with X-valve, Level 10, and Intelliframe.
Now RTPro's come with all this except for ULE bodies, but soon, all RTPro's will come stock looking like this one, as well they will have the new Ultra Light Trigger (read more about it in one of Paintball Talk's sticky threads). That's the deal I'd go for.

Anyways, wither way, you can end up with a sweet, reliable setup.
Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!
-James

Magzown
06-16-2003, 08:40 PM
WHOOT! Go mag people, you guys kick ***!

FalconGuy016
06-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Hey :)

Honestly I dont like the looks of the RT Pro that much. If I were you I would just buy a mini, xvalve (preferably when the ULE trigger comes stock), and intelliframe. Over time you can add more cosemetic thigns to it, such as ULE body and etc, plus you have more flexibility to 'personalize' your mini than you have with an RT pro, in terms of more standardized things, but before all that you got all the hardcore performace parts right there. But a RTPro comes with all of that... so :) its your choice

Catch22
06-16-2003, 09:08 PM
RTpros come w. intelliframe now? cool.

BajaBoy
06-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Catch22
RTpros come w. intelliframe now? cool.

they have been for a pretty good time now lol

Magzown
06-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Come one, RTP or Mini??? please help!!!! My only worry bout the mini is that i will have to invest another 300-500 in it to make it as good as the RTP stock, right? and does anyone know where i can see some picks of tricked out RTP's and/or minis?

Cryer
06-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Magzown
Come one, RTP or Mini??? please help!!!! My only worry bout the mini is that i will have to invest another 300-500 in it to make it as good as the RTP stock, right? and does anyone know where i can see some picks of tricked out RTP's and/or minis?

You will have to spend alot to upgrade a Mini to the level of an RTPro. If you have around $700 now, just get the RTPro. Its a better deal in the long run.

There are several pics floating around here. There is an entire thread devoted to pics of people's setups. It's an old thread, started back in '01, so the first few pages may not be very interesting. Just keep lookin thru there and you'll see some things you like. Here's a link... (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5895) Also, most people (myself included) will post a thread with pics of their own setups. You'll see them... They're usually like "My new RTPro" or "My new Toy" or something like that. To look at mine, click the link in my sig down below. should say something like "My ULE Automag" or something.

Grasshopper
06-17-2003, 12:11 AM
It depends:
-Do you like the look of the RTP?
-Do you have N2 right now?
-Do you have ~$600 to spend on a new RTP?
-Are you ok with buying a used RTP (you can find great deals in the classifieds on RTP's)?

The mini you can just buy for cheap now, and slowly upgrade. However, buying the RTP right off the bat would get you an intelliframe, X-valve, and those types of goodies at the very begining. If you have the money now, I'd so go with an RTP. If you want to slowly upgrade, start with the mini/classic, and work your way up.

gibby
06-17-2003, 01:59 AM
Hrm...best bang for the buck...I say go RTPro. You can still customize it. If you don't like the sight rail, or the foregrip extender, you can just take those off and put parts that you're more comfortable with.

One of the gripes I had with the older RTPros was that it was a little on the heavy side. Now, they come with intellis and xvalve(which also includes the LX). Just those two included saves you a lot of pocket change to spend on a nice HPA tank.

Cosmetics can be changed later on to your liking after you've gotten the feel for it.

I spent a fortune(over time) on my mini to get it to the RTPro performance level...check my signature. But I must say, I had a great time doing it! :) Only drawback to buying the RTPro is, if you really dig the look of the mini, you can't slap on the mini body on an RTPro rail.

So it's your choice! Either or, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it. Afterall, they're both an AGD product! Keep us posted on what you decide on.

BTW, Cryer...that's a sweet looking set up! Nice color combo!

oldsoldier
06-17-2003, 02:06 AM
Go with the RTPro. Spend the money up front...you get better performance. Upgrades are mostly cosmetic from there...and, cheaper to obtain. A mini will cost you $$$ for the X-valve, intelliframe, and ULE body, if you want to go that route. Your best best is to get the RTP, and save cash in the long run.

Cryer
06-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by gibby
BTW, Cryer...that's a sweet looking set up! Nice color combo!

Thx. I took the other route... that is instead of buy the RTPro, I bought a mini and upgraded. Eventually I ended up replacing every last part, so now I have the mini that I started with and my ULE Xvalved mag.