PDA

View Full Version : valves....fittings on right or left, why?

jimmyjobob
08-27-2001, 05:16 PM
why is it that some valves have the fittings on the left side vs. the right side. i know they are compatible in the rail and bodies either way but whats the reasoning. is it because of sighting, HR vs HL. curious

Flip540
08-27-2001, 05:29 PM
I have a HL mini and my valve hole is on the left. i have seen HL bodies with the valve on the right though. I was going to post this question yesterday but i was to lazy.

------------------
Flip Out

Mini Mag (soon to be powderd red)
10" red cp
AGD Blade IntelliFrame
12v Revvy
Clear AGD Warp Feed
VL Fore Grip
Max Attack 68/45

For Sale...
ss remote
stock minimag barrel
4+1 pack

"I may rock, but im not made of stone"

"If its not part of the sulution, Its part of the problem"

jimmyjobob
08-27-2001, 10:58 PM
anyone....

MikeCouves
08-27-2001, 11:26 PM
Basically it's a preference(I think), back me up here Tom http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif. I think since they made the Hopper Right bodys, the fittings were better on the left because then the fittings wouldn't interfere with the powerfeed. So then they started making Hopper Left bodies. So I geuss they resorted to putting the fittings on the other side so they don't interfere. It's wouldn't alter the performance, it's a preference thing.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Elves...they do it all

MikeCouves
08-27-2001, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah, I think they started making Hopper Left bodies because some right handers probably requested a Hopper Left for less hopper hits because the hopper would be into the bunker more.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Elves...they do it all