PDA

View Full Version : custom e-mag using basic stamp

pbguy888
06-16-2003, 11:06 PM
I am interested in converting my classic mag into an electro. I plan on making the board myself using basic stamp. I planned on using the e-mag solenoid and sear. Now my questions would be:

A: Is this feasible?
B: Would I absolutely have to change my on/off assembly?
C: Could I get a schematic of the solenoid connection? (or at least a very good description of the input voltage, etc.)

yagrmiestr
06-17-2003, 12:24 AM
So you're planning on using an emag frame then as well?? The emag solenoid is 18 volts. The stock emag has the + voltage wired to 18 volts all the time and then switches the ground lead with a Fairchild NDT451AN N-Channel Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor (I'm pretty sure that's what it is) to complete the circuit and energize the solenoid. An IO pin from the stamp will control the NDT451AN. You can use the HES sensor from emag as an input to the basic stamp. The three wires to the sensor are 5v, gnd, and output. Use a pull-up resistor on the output of the HES sensor and when the trigger is pulled the sensor will pull the output to 0 volts. That should get ya started. ;)

06-18-2003, 09:58 AM
smd parts might be a little hard for you to work with, might want to grab a rfd14no5-nd (through hole part) from digikey. can be switched directly from the stamp, and can handle the emag solenoid.