PDA

View Full Version : Spring pack

qetuo
08-27-2001, 08:20 AM
Me again I have been going thru the forums trying to increase my knowledge and i came acros this in regards to spring packs

If you can move the disks apart from each other easily with your finger nail, then the spring pack is worn and needs to be replaced. The large washer at the base of the spring pack should stay in one spot and not be able to slide around.

What problems exactly will a stuffed spring pack cause?

m2a2105@global.net.au

mykroft
08-27-2001, 08:34 AM
The spring pack is integral to the reg, so a stuffed sping pack would cause one of 3 issues: abnormally low velocity, abnormally high velocity or abnormally inconsistent velocity. as I haven't run across that particular problem yet, I can't narrow it down.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

BlackVCG
08-27-2001, 10:37 AM
I have a couple of spring packs that are heavily worn and needed to be replaced. I'll see if I can set them up and take a pic of them that shows how they should and shouldn't look.

When the spring pack is worn, it won't build up as much tension when you tighten the velocity adjuster and you will not be able to reach 300fps if it's heavily worn. It can also cause velocity inconsistencies.

AGD
08-27-2001, 09:33 PM
The spring packs do not wear out. They move so little they are not a problem. The loose springs and washer are normal. Do not spend your time or money trying to fix them.

AGD

qetuo
08-28-2001, 05:44 AM
thanks