PDA

View Full Version : tippman the worst marker design ever ???

chronic john
06-17-2003, 08:57 AM
not to destroy or wreck one of the inovators of the first semi auto paint markers in history . what a design a cast body its absolutely horible the same basic metal used as the 1989 68 special white metal the worst metal that can be found then off to dissasembling the marker what a picnic that is actually splitting a gun in half with its 15 screws . then we have the infamous tippy elbows that have been breaking and shaking since the first one made plastic come on now its right on the side of the gun swinging in the wind i thought hinges were for doors not elbows hahahaha . then lets go to the internals now that a joke . tolerance i guess in the tippy world is if it fits itl work . then the flatline barrel thats the ultimate pile of poop comeon now back spin through a bent barrel that if its mounted right it will barelt shoot as good as a good strait barrel like a c-p or a s-p the bore in the barrel is horrible compared to most of the barrels out there . bassicaly if your a noob or just your average player that does it for recreation once in a while then its an alright gun for a 150.00 but if your gonna be a avid paintballer or are just strait addicted to paintball dont buy a tippy the upgrades are just as horrible as the design of the gun and exspensive to . there like the a-k 47 of paintball thell take dropping them and runnnin some dirt through em and still be a decent gun but there are much better buys out there and much quieter guns also that dont look like they were made in a gumball factory . sorry that just my oppinion but im tired of the tippy guys buying stuff for an inferior gun that cost by the time your done upgrading it 500 + and ya still have a poop machine .

Zumina
06-17-2003, 09:13 AM
thanks for pointing that out

-=Squid=-
06-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Mabe if you spelled correctly, used proper grammar, and put paragraph spaces, I would have read that crumpled up jargon!

Cha0tic
06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
i got 4 sentences into it....

all i can say about tippmann is that they some of the best customer service in the industry, and their markers are solid.

Phil
06-17-2003, 09:20 AM
A buddie of mine, who I talked into playing paintball again, had a Tippy mini-lite that sat in his closed for 4 or 5 years. I took a look at it and told him which parts he needed to replace. He called Tippmann who sent him the parts for free. His gun worked like a charm after the replacement parts. Cheap and reliable is pretty much the point with Tippmann. You could do worse, like expensive and unreliable.

m-98
06-17-2003, 09:21 AM
I really couldn't understand what you just said, so I'll talk about what I did understand.

-It's not that hard to disassemble, at least for me.
-The elbow is just fine, I have never had a problem and I know no one who has.
-I have no idea what you were trying to say about the Flatline, but it does what it's designed to do, give the gun a longer range.

Yes, Tippys are not the best gun out there but they're pretty reliable and good for rec ball.

rhcp377
06-17-2003, 09:30 AM
my friend has a tippmann (c98) and i think its a great gun. I(we) have never taken it apart because it is never broken and it is so reliable. Plus the elbow works so i think its a good solid gun

chronic john
06-17-2003, 09:31 AM
for one thing this aint spelling class or a soap opera i was stating my oppinion about there design huh 10 screws for a gun that splits in half . flatline a bent barrel for range stupid . these guys that post spell words and check your periods . *poof* im outa school been out since 87 spelling dont mean anyting what 3 words spelled wrong a few peiods missing . this sounds like my 6th grade spelling class teachers . hahahahahaha no one made you read it whinersssssssssssssssssssssss:rolleyes:

For being as old as you claim to be, you sure act like a 12 year old. Grow up.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-17-2003, 09:36 AM
dude, tippys rock. a-5 arent the easiest to disasemble but they still rock. plus they are built like a tank, throw it against a tree then go and bunker somone. they have cool upgrade like e trigger,rt,flatline and more. they are one of the most upgradable guns in history. i have to eat breakfast, ill be right back to rant some more;)

m-98
06-17-2003, 09:37 AM
I just checked, it's six screws, not ten. And it was more than a few punctuation marks, it was most of them.

Brak
06-17-2003, 09:45 AM
yeah you definitely arent trying to "destroy" it by calling the flatline a "pile of poop". and intelligent person wouldnt do something like that. and besides, put a flatline next to any SP barrel and shoot them side by side and you will see that a flatline shoots FARTHER. that is what its meant to do.

and tippys are hard to be taken apart because you are only supposed to ever few months because they are reliable. can you read that? r-e-l-i-a-b-l-e.

and since youve been out of school since 87 (was it middle school? or did you just stop after 5th grade?) you are obviously WAY smarter than ANY of the people in the R&D division of tippmann. i really would like to see you design something better. would you like to try?

LittlePaintballBoy
06-17-2003, 09:58 AM
good post brak. ok more stuff about the a-5(since i have one). you dont need to buy a hopper! the hopper for it holds more paint!you dont have to reload as often!fastest on gun feeding system in the world ! the Best customer service HANDS DOWN! need a part? they will give it to you FOR FREE!

Jazzman
06-17-2003, 09:58 AM
How can you knock the M98? You can take batting practice with it, hammer nails with it, pound in tent stakes, and still play a full day of paintball with it. Seriously man, if you're this bored, go for a walk, or clean your kitchen. Anything.

langrage
06-17-2003, 10:01 AM
I feel for the 125.00 there really isn't a better gun. They are pretty undestuctable. That is why so many feilds use them as rentals. In cold weather, in the rain, after being dragged thru dirt they will work.

I also don't think you should call people whinners when your thread was basically whinning about a gun.

Jack & Coke
06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by chronic john
not to destroy or wreck one of the inovators of the first semi auto paint markers in history . what a design a cast body its absolutely horible the same basic metal used as the 1989 68 special white metal the worst metal that can be found then off to dissasembling the marker what a picnic that is actually splitting a gun in half with its 15 screws . then we have the infamous tippy elbows that have been breaking and shaking since the first one made plastic come on now its right on the side of the gun swinging in the wind i thought hinges were for doors not elbows hahahaha . then lets go to the internals now that a joke . tolerance i guess in the tippy world is if it fits itl work . then the flatline barrel thats the ultimate pile of poop comeon now back spin through a bent barrel that if its mounted right it will barelt shoot as good as a good strait barrel like a c-p or a s-p the bore in the barrel is horrible compared to most of the barrels out there . bassicaly if your a noob or just your average player that does it for recreation once in a while then its an alright gun for a 150.00 but if your gonna be a avid paintballer or are just strait addicted to paintball dont buy a tippy the upgrades are just as horrible as the design of the gun and exspensive to . there like the a-k 47 of paintball thell take dropping them and runnnin some dirt through em and still be a decent gun but there are much better buys out there and much quieter guns also that dont look like they were made in a gumball factory . sorry that just my oppinion but im tired of the tippy guys buying stuff for an inferior gun that cost by the time your done upgrading it 500 + and ya still have a poop machine .

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=448209

nippinout
06-17-2003, 10:12 AM
You guys are missing an important point.

You don't need to take your Tippmann apart!

:D

Jazzman
06-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by nippinout
You guys are missing an important point.

You don't need to take your Tippmann apart!

:D

Yeah, can't you just throw it in the washing machine with the rest of your gear after the end of the day?

Xenocide
06-17-2003, 10:27 AM
I have used a tippman c98 since the first batch came off the line.

I abuse the S out of this gun. I play rec ball, I run hard, I sit in rivers with the gun submerged, I run through brush and trip in bogs.

My gun, for which I paid 180$ has never failed me. EVER. I keep it oiled, and I have yet to do any other maitenance on it since i bought it. Thats more than 3 years hard use.

It aint pretty, or light, or small, or fast, but I know that EVERY time I pull the trigger a ball will come flying out of the barrel. I can't count how many times I have killed people who were fiddling with their guns.

I once fragged 3 people, all working on some guy's cocker in a bunker. I watched my friend miss an entire day of big game because he couldnt get his mag working. another friend missed the whole big game (2 days) because his mag didn't work. I watched my friends with mags and cockers pussy foot around crap I ran through because they were afraid to scratch their guns. I have seen them have the ref hold the gun while they rushed a tank so it would get scratched. Yeah they can rip paint off faster than I can, but I have yet to miss a kill because I couldnt shoot enough paint.

The tippman guns are excellent guns. They are tough, simple and easy to maintain. One of the young women who plays the big games with us left her c98 in a closet for 6 months, with broken paint in the valve.
I pulled it appart, wiped off the paint, oiled it up and threw it back together and it worked without a cough or a sputter. She didn't even miss the first game. I'd like to see you do that with any high end marker. For her usage, this is the perfect gun.

Bashing on c98's cus you own a mag or a cocker is an a$$ hole thing to do. Not all of us have 500 or 1200$ to drop on paintball, and for us tippman is a great alternative.

and besides, chances are, if you see me at a big game, it's because I just owned you. Your 1200$ gun didnt give you eyes in the back of your head.

cphilip
06-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Since when did we elect Grammar and punctuation police? :rolleyes:

Jack & Coke
06-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Tippman = AK47 of the paintball world...

They're INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED for inexpensive production, durability, reliability, and minimum required maintenance.

Their design philosophy = low cost + low maintenance + reliability > high cost + high maintenance + performance

-Carnifex-
06-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Uhh, the AK-47 is a great gun man. You don't need to clean it to fire >> M16. Just look at Vietnam

shinobidice
06-17-2003, 11:29 AM
instead of comparing a tippman to guns better than it, compare it to markers at its price range. Picture guns on levels of player experience:
BE-More Inexperienced
Spyder Piranah Rebel etc- Less inexperienced
Hybrid Low end Electro^-More experienced
High End semi, Stocker cocker, mag- even more experienced maybe tourny player
Electropnuematic- more experienced tourny player
High end upgraded cockers, angels, x/e mags anything else thats over like 800 bux- Top of the line pro gun.

this isnt saying an x mag makes you a pro, its just saying, its kinda overkill til youre at that level. Right now i have a mag, but i dont need something drastically different because i am not needing more speed,looks anything other than my mag.

shartley
06-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-
Uhh, the AK-47 is a great gun man. You don't need to clean it to fire >> M16. Just look at Vietnam
Ummmm which M16 in Vietnam? ;) You DO know there were more than one model used there, right? You DO know that the first ones used were not the same as the ones used at the end of the war, right? And you DO know that the M16 is a great weapon that will work just fine with even simple cleaning and routine maintenance, right? ;)

Yes, the AK-47 is a great gun, but you DO know that there was also many more models of the AK-47 than what people think, right? And that what most people think is JUST an AK-47 is probably not JUST an AK-47, but has other designations to it that are not used in general conversation, right? ;)

But yes, I would call the Tippman markers Paintball’s AK-47s and that is not a bad thing… but a good thing. :D

CrazyLad
06-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Mabe if you spelled correctly, used proper grammar, and put paragraph spaces, I would have read that crumpled up jargon!

yeah!!!

Jack & Coke
06-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by shartley

...I would call the Tippman markers Paintball’s AK-47s and that is not a bad thing… but a good thing. :D

shartley is correct.

That was the intention of my original analogy.

...Great design for their targeted philosophy and market.

It goes to squash chronic john's opinion that "tippman the worst marker design ever".

I think these are a few examples of markers which qualify as "worse design ever":

http://www.pbreview.com/pics/2030.jpg
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/stingraya16.jpg
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/angelir3.jpg

hahaha... before all the Angel owners get their undies in a bunch, I was j/k about the ir3;)

Jazzman
06-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Ahh, the good 'ol Stingray.... you can hear those things firing from miles away.

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK.

joeyjoe367
06-17-2003, 02:13 PM
There are definatly some things I do *NOT* like about the TIppman model 98 and I would personally never buy one, but to say that it's the worst gun in the world is a bit much.

Yes, I don't like the "clamshell" disassembly of the gun. I once opened up a friend's m98 to have the spring guide shoot out and we spend 1/2 an hour looking for it. It was also irritating to put back together.

I don't like the length of the gun. It feels awkward.

I think it's been tapped with the ugly stick a few times.

I also don't believe that the m98 is the "Tank" that so many people claim it to be. Pirhannas are the best spyder clones available on the market. Yes, I believe they're better than the spyders themselves. No offset bottomlines, flush cocking, etc... etc.. One of the fields I go to uses them as rentals and I've never seen them have any problems that are not user-related.

I also shot a spyder for 3 years. Never had an issue that wasn't my fault.

I think spyder/stack-tubed-blowback owners tend to tinker with their guns with "trigger jobs" and other things that aren't quite as easy to do with a m98, hence the "User error"

I'd much rather own a pirhanna than a m98

chronic john
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
like i said i was stating that the clamshell design of there body was old and bassically was a hassle to dissasemble . and the barrel was horrible looking come on a barrel that screws in with a sleve ya gotta tightin down hopefully strait .for the cash if your gonna upgrade a gun you could do much better.then the next point r-d the first step would be to make a nicer body maybe 1 pc and a gun that gets some distance without a bent barrel.then the good old tippman twang that nice noise it makes when layin down some streams of paint twank twank twank come on.and another thing like i said its my oppinion on a public board thats about paintball talk so before you say another bad word about me the few that did think first drama queens i am 33 years old and married for 15 years and have 5 kids .what did i judje the gun without knowing about it or firing it or dissambling it noooooooooooo so how do you judje me do you know me have you ever met me noooooooooooo . yea for a rental there great or a guy that plays 6 times a year and will never upgrade it .that was the point on the ak-47 for tose that couldnt figure that out it a gun that can take the mud and abuse of everyday play with bassically no worries but there are far more superior designs like the maggggggggggggg .understand that now brak ya cartoon character

reefer madness
06-17-2003, 02:36 PM
tippman=arguably best customer service in the biusness+quality products that last

m-98
06-17-2003, 03:58 PM
This is off topic, but didn't the Piranha come before the Spyder? Wouldn't that make the Spyder a Pirhana clone?

yeahthatsme
06-17-2003, 04:45 PM
your married with kids, congrats but that doesnt mean you know ANYTHING AT ALL paintball gun designs. tippmans are some of the most reliable guns EVER and are very well designed. not to mention the AMAZING customer service coming from tippman pneumatics.

also, try typing your posts into microsoft word, then spell/grammar checking, then copy/pasting it. it gets your point alot much easier. oh, and i'm not bashing you, just trying to help you get your point across better...

yeahthatsme
06-17-2003, 04:54 PM
here ya go guys, so you can actually take what he says and argue that instead of saying fix the grammar and what not:
Not to destroy or wreck one of the innovators of the first semi auto paint markers in history.
What a design, a cast body its absolutely horrible the same basic metal used as the 1989 68 special, white metal the worst metal that can be found then off to disassembling the marker, what a picnic that is actually splitting a gun in half with its 15 screws.
Then, we have the infamous tippy elbows that have been breaking and shaking since the first one made. plastic? Come on now its right on the side of the gun swinging in the wind I thought hinges were for doors not elbows hahahaha.
Then, lets go to the internals now that a joke. Tolerance, I guess, in the tippy world is if it fits it’ll work.
Then the flatline barrel that’s the ultimate pile of poop come-on now back spin through a bent barrel that if its mounted right it will barely shoot as good as a good strait barrel like a custom products or a smart parts, the bore in the barrel is horrible compared to most of the barrels out there.
Basically if your a noob or just your average player that does it for recreation once in a while then its an alright gun for a 150.00 but if your going to be a avid paintballer or are just strait addicted to paintball don’t buy a tippy the upgrades are just as horrible as the design of the gun and expensive to.
There like the a-k 47 of paintball they'll take dropping them and running some dirt through them and still be a decent gun but there are much better buys out there and much quieter guns also that don’t look like they were made in a gumball factory. Sorry that just my opinion but i'm tired of the tippy guys buying stuff for an inferior gun that cost by the time your done upgrading it 500 + and you still have a poop machine.

btw, this=post #2000 for me!!!! WOOT

chronic john
06-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Nope your exactly rite i do know nothing about paintball (marker) design for sure i was saying i myself in my oppinion. Then i also stated they are the ak-47 of paintball markers meaning that they can take the abuse and still dish it out. Ive been ballin for many years and the tippys are deff reliable and seem to work well but i think they need a revamp like a marker that is one peice i think would make it much nicer with a nice body forged in aluminum how much more would it be 50 or 75 dollars per marker. I was bassically tryin to say a tippy is 150 and a basic mag is 220 there is no comparison for the 70 extra and there are a few other markers you can get cheap also that have some nice upgrades were ya dont end up with a gun 3 ft long. lol. Now as for r&d a company that never stops our very own airgun design now thats a r&d department with improvements constantly and severe testing. NO tippy side by side stock or unstock could ever be half as nice as a mag and for almost the same cash. Well thats preety close to being spelled right and almost grammar correct to damm im gettin better.

Lopy-slopy
06-17-2003, 08:23 PM
flat line barrels do work, if you are bashing the bore because it is big it's, cuz it has to be because the ball has to roll down the barrel to get a backspin. For a low end gun they are the best, no hasseles.

You can't complain that a 125 gun isn't as good as a $1000+ gun because they don't compare, compare them to spyder's and you see how good they are.

This thread is realy pointless, all it is is some guy's ignorante ranting about a lowend gun and the rest of us making fun of his spelling
This thread is stupid and should be closed

chronic john
06-17-2003, 08:58 PM
as i stated in the title im not knocking the tippy in any way i said there decent guns but the ones with the flatine and some other stuff are bassically the same cash as a mag even more in some cases. i simply stated my oppinion on the gun and i said there reliable and great for the weekend player but realy not worth the cash i think if your gonna upgrade it. and to the guys that say ya dont have to dissasemble the marker well you must be from somewhere else cause evryone i know takes there markers apart everytime they use them its called maintenence and caring for the things ya spend money on. i never bashed tippy just stated my oppinion that id like to see them make a 98 custom that is a different style like a 1 pc design for all the guys who love tippys that want to upgrade them. look guy i started out about 16 years ago with a pro team products v-m68 with the intruder assault system bassically the drop forward of today and the 68 special was right beside it and today its almost unchanged in the look and metal department. they can do better and when did i say there tech department stinks ahhhhhh never.

Yamz
06-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Ummm.... Here goes.

If your opinion on a marker that brings soo many new people in to the sport that we call paintball is so negative it would be better to keep it to yourself.

Lopy-slopy
06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Close this thread Mod's PLEASE

This thread is so point less, you've closed threads on autococker vs. automag's before, so close this one. This guy just rambles on and on and on about a Begginer gun, saying it's not for an avid player, THAT'S WHY IT'S A BEGGINER GUN. And for the record you don't have to take them apart because tippman know's that no noob would know to take it apart and clean it so they designed it to run fine without dissassembling it every day.

chronic john
06-17-2003, 09:29 PM
beginer marker as stated i said the guy who wants to upgrade a tippy is better of with somethin else. its not hard to figure out. oh thats right your from canada j/k

Miscue
06-17-2003, 10:23 PM
This thread is going nowhere. Closed.