PDA

View Full Version : can the ACE hook up to anything other than X-Mag?

spaz
06-17-2003, 09:59 AM
normal emags? hyperframes possibly?

Cryer
06-17-2003, 10:02 AM
I think the main issue with normal Emags is that the twist-lock assembly got in the way. Now that the ULE bodies are out, no one has discussed it furhter, but I think it is possible since the ULE requires that you remove the twist-lock.

spaz
06-17-2003, 10:30 AM
so would i be able to get it hooked up to a hyperframe and ule body on a classic? (with some milling and drilling of course)

Cryer
06-17-2003, 10:45 AM
I suppose that you could... I'm really not sure, tho. I wouldn't reccomend it.

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Doubtful. The Hyperframe isn't programmed to accept the ACE board input. PLUS- there's no room in the gripframe for it. You guys forget that the grip on the Xmag holds the ACE board. you can't just slap it in and have it work. There's some space considerations to worry about.

Gadget
06-17-2003, 01:10 PM
I think ACE can potentially be used with a standard E-mag. This (http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh200074/itemdetl.php?itemcode=9) page from the AGDE store reads as if all it needs is a software upgrade on the E-Mag board (plus the actual ACE hardware + compatible body).

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 01:34 PM
This is correct. There was talk about it at the Megameet. You lose your burst mode though.

xen_100
06-17-2003, 05:01 PM
from what I have seen, the ACE board is in the rail, not the gripframe. to put it in a standard mag (hyperframe), all you would have to do is mill a slot in the rail to mount it and then wire it in to your hyperframe. it may require an isolation circuit, but it could be done very easy.

IcantBelieveit
06-17-2003, 06:07 PM
but i hear a lot of people actually turn the ace off, sice it tends to limit how fast one can shoot

BajaBoy
06-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
but i hear a lot of people actually turn the ace off, sice it tends to limit how fast one can shoot

yes i have heard that from 2-3 people too.

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Trust me. I have the Xmag. It's in the grip frame, NOT the rail. Xmags don't have rails at all. :D

Originally posted by xen_100
from what I have seen, the ACE board is in the rail, not the gripframe. to put it in a standard mag (hyperframe), all you would have to do is mill a slot in the rail to mount it and then wire it in to your hyperframe. it may require an isolation circuit, but it could be done very easy.

Grasshopper
06-18-2003, 03:29 AM
You may be able to, by my question is: Why?

xen_100
06-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Trust me. I have the Xmag. It's in the grip frame, NOT the rail. Xmags don't have rails at all. :D

ok, I haven't looked real close at one.

I bet it could be put in the rail of a ULE bodied mag though. it is a small enough circuit to fit there.

Evil Bob
06-19-2003, 04:10 PM
The ACE board drops in on top of the battery terminal, there is additional milling that needs to be done to the standard emag frame for the ACE board to fit it, so it's not a simple thing to accomplish at this point. You would also have to drill out the body and rail to accomodate the eye sensor.

-Evil Bob