PDA

View Full Version : lvl ten o-ring discrepancy

impostal22
06-17-2003, 12:17 PM
my kit came with this... http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=344&CATID=6

and not this...
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=341&CATID=6

in miscue's instruction video he uses the first o-ring in the back of the powertube and not the second one. but the agd instructions picture the second o-ring as being the o-ring that goes into the back of the powertube. what gives?

oh and on a side note, anyone else notice that store.airgun stopped selling parts kits (they sell o-ring kits, but not parts..or at least i can't find them..)?

Dayspring
06-17-2003, 12:59 PM
The backup washers aren't black any more. They are white delrin.

Miscue was right, he's putting the hard washer in the bottom of the powertube, it's just white.

impostal22
06-18-2003, 10:44 AM
then what's the second o-ring?

Dayspring
06-18-2003, 12:08 PM
As I said, they changed the color of the backup washer.

Your first link is to the white carrier oring.

The second link is the backup washer. They just didn't take a picture of the white one.

JadedT
06-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Translation:

You need the flat plastic white or black washer in the furthest end of your powertube. Then you have the o-ring inside the carrier. So BOTH go into your valve's powertube.
If you have your LX's PT oring going into your valve without the back washer, this might be the reason you have odd leaks.

J.

impostal22
06-18-2003, 03:04 PM
OH. i couldn't tell by that pic which oring was which. i have the orings in the right places though...so i'm still confused about my leaks. lol.

Dayspring
06-18-2003, 03:43 PM
One's round, flat, and hard. The other isn't. Really tough to tell huh? :rolleyes:

As for the leak idea- if he didn't put the backing washer in there and the carrier oring went into the valve chamber, the thing would vent air like a SOB. Unless it's pissing air like that, it's something else.

Potatoboy
06-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Since no one else mentioned it, Classic and RT Parts kits are still there, they're oddly enough listed under parts.