penguinpunk555
06-17-2003, 12:24 PM
some people are telling me fanning is a crime wuts ur opinion

BajaBoy
06-17-2003, 12:25 PM
fanning.. the trigger? whos telling you that and why

Thordic
06-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Yes fanners should be rounded up into prisons and then shot.

:rolleyes:

Fanning, walking, roller trigger.. different techniques towards the same end. Anyone who says otherwise is just pissed off that someone shoots faster than they do.

ben_JD
06-17-2003, 12:28 PM
From what I understand, fanning one's trigger is against many city and municipal codes, including but not limited to Texas Penal Code 12 ss 1601(a)(1)-(3). The punishment for this crime can be incarceration for as many as 12 months and penalties upward of $10,000.00.

Word of warning for those of you who fan your triggers, be ready to pay the cost.

EsPo
06-17-2003, 12:30 PM
IMO .. if you can fan accurately (when i fan the gun shakes and i shoot everywhere), then congrats.. youve accomplished something, and you should do it. Walking.. thats a different story... i can walk and snapshoot at the same time, what im saying is that its alot more accurate to walk once you get it down.

last tourny i was at, I was watching some of the novice games, and these 2 guys with mags played back.. and they would fan off the break every game and they got like at least one.

Demobilized
06-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Not if u do it right. SOme new players will fan and move their entire arm with them. Other people can do it without even moving their forearm

cphilip
06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
The way I do it I think it is....at least it's a shame anyway... :D

jdev
06-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
From what I understand, fanning one's trigger is against many city and municipal codes, including but not limited to Texas Penal Code 12 ss 1601(a)(1)-(3). The punishment for this crime can be incarceration for as many as 12 months and penalties upward of $10,000.00.

Word of warning for those of you who fan your triggers, be ready to pay the cost.

jesus.. fanning the trigger carries a $10,000 fine in texas.. capo, better not catch you fannin the ekitty any time soon.. you neither havoc! :)

06-17-2003, 03:15 PM
I think thats referring to a firearm like a 9mm or something.

shartley
06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Yes, fanning a trigger can bring you some stiff penalties… but none as severe as “Stalking Trigger” laws.

Lopy-slopy
06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
I think it's a joke
I think thats referring to a firearm like a 9mm or something.

I think its a joke

poloniusreep
06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Join the AO cult... er I mean owners group be like Tom fan your trigger!!!!

Recon by Fire
06-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD

I don't have a copy of the penal code in front of me, but I am willing to bet that code refers to firearms. A paintball marker/gun does not fit the description of a firearm by the penal code.

NJPaint
06-17-2003, 04:48 PM
recon et al, its a joke...

Recon by Fire
06-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Oh, yeah.......I knew that! :)

Just call me "Groo".

MDethCKR
06-17-2003, 06:59 PM
fanning the trigger....fine with an electro
definately not a cocker...and not a great idea with a mag (especially cuz some arent 2 finger or blade)

LittlePaintballBoy
06-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by MDethCKR
fanning the trigger....fine with an electro
definately not a cocker...and not a great idea with a mag (especially cuz some arent 2 finger or blade)

it is kinda hard to fan on single triggers isnt it:rolleyes: but why not on cockers or mags? i fan on my mag, so does my dad, and so does Tom ownwer of AGD in all of its greatness.im sure if it was bad for the gun TK wouldnt be doing it. and why not on cockers? i know somone with a Dye Reflex and he fans and gets insane rates of fire doing it.

lord1234
06-17-2003, 08:55 PM
ok guys...the fanning the trigger being illegal..
i think he meant men fanning the trigger...
use ur sick minds....just think of it.

--Lord

BajaBoy
06-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by lord1234
ok guys...the fanning the trigger being illegal..
i think he meant men fanning the trigger...
use ur sick minds....just think of it.

--Lord

i do not get that... is it just me?

jaylock33
06-17-2003, 09:28 PM
I thought fanning in Texas was punishable by death.:D j.k.

~WarpedRT#2~
06-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Bah, anyone who says dont fan your trigger is just jealous since you can throw more paint. I have gotten decent at walking the trigger on my E-Mag, but in mechanical mode, I can fan the hell out of it. Get at least 10 bps shooting that way.

Daroy99
06-17-2003, 10:53 PM
I fan all the time with Daroach's gun, but that was whenhybrid wasnt working right and you couldnt just vibrate your hand and rip, but it worked fine with his X.

cockermatt
06-18-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
but in mechanical mode, I can fan the hell out of it. Get at least 10 bps shooting that way.

10 whole BPS?

Fanning not only looks retarted, but is.

Rebel46_99
06-18-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by cockermatt

WHO flippin' CARES what it looks like? If it gets the elimination.... Mission Accomplished!

DW

penguinpunk555
06-18-2003, 10:05 AM
so next guy with an impy tells me that fanning is gay i should say he is gay?

Rebel46_99
06-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Tell him anything you want. BUT, if you bust a ball on him fanning, ask him if it hurt any more or any less than walking. And then point his butt to the dead box!

DW

shartley
06-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
so next guy with an impy tells me that fanning is gay i should say he is gay?
LOL Yeah… the old “I know you are, but what am I?” argument. ;)

No, don’t tell him he is gay…. Well, unless he IS gay, but then again if that is the case, you will not be telling him anything he does not know already. How about just not saying anything? Or you can tell him that he should not feel forced to DO it. ;)

~WarpedRT#2~
06-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Well, Cockermatt, I said atleast, didnt I? Do you need Hooked on Phonics? Read it before you post. And I dont care if you think fanning is gay or not, your opinion isnt worth the cyber-space you took up.

penguinpunk555
06-18-2003, 01:11 PM
i played with a gay guy before at black rain he deep throted a hot dog from dairy queen it was a foot long

WarBUCKs
06-18-2003, 02:19 PM
I have this nice Oriental fan and my mag doesn't seem to shoot when I fan it.

I tried walking my trigger, but it just wouldn't follow.

I thinking I might try to roll it, but it is such an awkward shape I don't know if it will.

Jack & Coke
06-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Fanning your trigger too much will make you go blind...

Evil Bob
06-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Warbucks, take your trigger to obediance school, they'll teach it to follow when you walk it, and sit, heal, roll over, beg, etc.

-Evil Bob

shartley
06-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey, didn’t Roy Rogers stuff his trigger? ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
06-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt

10 whole BPS?

wow fanning and you have somthing in common!on mech mags fanning is the way to get the fastest ROF unless you are cdawg, cuz he can walk his.tom fans,you calling him retarded? ever tryed walking a mech mag? its not easy...

FeelTheRT
06-18-2003, 05:03 PM
if you havn't noticed, mechanical markers are slightly outdated. Everything is going electronic (hence E-Mag) so that you do not have to fan the trigger to shoot slightly faster.

jaylock33
06-18-2003, 05:22 PM
There will always be mech markers and believe it or not there are actually people who like the mech feel better. Remember there are still pumps around so it's all about preference.

shartley
06-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
if you havn't noticed, mechanical markers are slightly outdated. Everything is going electronic (hence E-Mag) so that you do not have to fan the trigger to shoot slightly faster.
They are? Since when did my RTPro get outdated? ;)

And what about the VERY large number of pump owners? Or how about stock class? Or how about all the Tippmans and mechanical Spyders out there?

No, sorry, mechanical markers are far from being outdated just because there are more (or should I say updated, upgraded, and redesigned) E framed markers on the market.

Outdated? Not by a long shot. :D

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-18-2003, 05:39 PM
Wow, this is one of the few things I don't know about paintball. What is fanning? I have heard of it, but dont know what it is. Whats the differnce between fanning and walking?

CaptaiN_JacK
06-18-2003, 06:32 PM
whew, i thought i was the only one here that didnt know what fanning a trigger is...

at the lasst tourny i tried to walk my mag. i got a whole 2 bps out of it :D. thats the last time im doing that.

this is off subject but the last tourny i went to (5-man, 21 teams, about 6 amatuer and 15 novice) there were only 2 mags actually being used on the field---an emag and my retro-minimag. i was quite suprised.

peaces...

ur4me2bunker
06-18-2003, 06:53 PM
What fool is telling you that crap!? I'm sick to hell of players and their bumb *POOF* opoins on everything. Ask yourself this bro, do you like to fan? Does your gun shoot well when you do it? Do you cause a ton of pain when the prick telling you not to fan is getting hit 16 times a second? Then as Eddy Murphy once said, "Tell them I said to have a Coke, a smile, and shut the *POOF* up."
Whatever you do to shoot your gun is cool. If you can shoot it with your toes do it, who cares what some over opionaited fools says. Go to a tourney some day and watch all the great back players fan out a line you could walk across. As long as it works for you, do it.

NO CUSSING, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:mad:

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-18-2003, 07:04 PM
i beat i dollar uncle phil edits that.

I'll take that bet..oops, you owe me a dollar:D

cockermatt
06-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy

wow fanning and you have somthing in common!on mech mags fanning is the way to get the fastest ROF unless you are cdawg, cuz he can walk his.tom fans,you calling him retarded? ever tryed walking a mech mag? its not easy...

Oh no! Your jokes/insults are way to harsh. When you get into middle school try to get some new stuff there kid. Isnt it past your bedtime?

TheAmazingJelloMag
06-18-2003, 07:11 PM
don't even bother fanning, Just buy a tippy w/ a RT and pull the trigger in halfway.
Or a automag rt their harder to sweetspot though:)

ur4me2bunker
06-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Sorry about the language. I guess I get hot headed.