PDA

View Full Version : emag battery move problems (long)

bratch
08-26-2001, 03:06 PM
I tried to move my battery onto my warp plate and it didn't work now I need help. I cut off the end of my fatory wire (bad move regret it now) and spliced another wire onto that with butt connectors. I then put a mini alligator clip on the end of that wire to hook onto the battery. As for the ground I used an alligator clip on the battery and a ring on the end screwed on to the frame under te warp plate and drop. When I connected the battery nothing happened. I removed the alligators and tried to push the bare wire on the terminals and still nothing. I then removed the wire I spliced on and tried the original and nothing. I have also tried a 9v battery and nothing. The original wire is still connected onto the board. Any Ideas or suggestions on how you did yours would be appreciated I still want to be able to charge it using the stock charger and turn it off so that kind of removes soldering. Thanks

AGD
08-26-2001, 09:24 PM
Are you sure you hooked it up with the right polarity?

AGD

bratch
08-26-2001, 09:34 PM
I was extra careful not to switch anything around so I am pretty sure that everything was set up right. How much is it gonna cost me if I have to send this back in to be redone and could you do the move for me then.

BlackVCG
08-26-2001, 11:50 PM
Can you take pictures of your setup and show us how you have your wires or at least draw a diagram and post it? That's the only way we can fix it, otherwise you'll have to at least get a new battery pack.

donggie
08-27-2001, 12:15 AM
Find a better ground for your ground wire.

Don

Shark
08-27-2001, 06:50 AM
You need to remove the anodizing if you are going to attach the ground wire to the bottom of the frame. Try running a 10-32 tap in the threaded hole on the bottom of the frame, or run the ring terminal to the screw that holds the circuit board in place. Make sure that the ring does not touch any other component on the circuit board.

bratch
08-28-2001, 03:13 PM
I got the gun working today. I had everything set up right in the beginning but my grund wasn't any good. Thanks for all the help.