PDA

View Full Version : wierd LX leak...

iLLfLiP69
06-17-2003, 03:29 PM
I aired up my mag as i was about to play today, and for some strange reason it started leaking down the barrel, and from in front of the bolt. At first i thought it might be an o-ring problem, but i inspected all the orings, and they all looked fine. Then i just started messin with the LX setup by using different carriers, with either 1, 2 or sometimes no shims. But, the leak still happens no matter what i do. The gun will still fire but the leak is still there and has a wierd first shot drop off all at the same time. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
Oh and FYI, is a retrovalve with a LX.

thx for any input given

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Review how to tune a Lvl 10 and use the top forum (Lvl 10 problems thread). I am 99.5% sure the carrier holding the oring in your power tube is too large. You need to move to a smaller carrier so it's more snug on the piston but not so much it sticks. You may have to up the velocity so chrono it with each adjustment. Level 10's are a bugger the first time you tune one, trial and error man. Best of luck.

iLLfLiP69
06-17-2003, 04:04 PM
hey, thx for the info QUINCYMASSGUY
i'm not really positive on this, but i think i already have the smallest carrier. I'm using the one with no dots nor any lines on the outside of th carrier. Is there a carrier smaller than that one?
Sorry, cant remeber how to read the carriers and stuff....

Tunaman
06-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Try another oring and start again. Does it leak when you hold the trigger back?

iLLfLiP69
06-18-2003, 08:58 AM
hey
no, it doesnt leak when u hold the trigger back
i'll try using different o-rings and see if that works

thx

Dayspring
06-18-2003, 09:06 AM
Dots= 1/2 size
Line= full size

1 dot + 1 line= 1.5
1 dot= .5

Remember- the oring will eventually break in and have a small leak. So you need to move to a half size smaller carrier. Your problem is that if you run a carrier THAT small, there's nothing to move down to. You always want to have 2 sizes or more that you can move down to if you have a leak.