PDA

View Full Version : computer help!

Brak
06-17-2003, 05:10 PM
ok, my 3d card is screwed up. its a geforce 3 i think, 64MB. and whenever i restart my computer it goes all funky colors on me, and then i have to go to the menu for the card and "restore defaults" in the color settings. also whenever im running something AT ALL, in a bit of time it will have an error in either <unknown> or kernell32.dll (im pretty sure thats it. this is totally pissing me off. help! i already reinstalled new drivers

punkncat
06-18-2003, 07:34 AM
I picked up a virus one time that jacked my video card up.I cannot remember the name of the virus but it made my card do exactly the same thing.It would show wierd colors,resize my display , all sorts of wierd things.I eventually just had to get a new vid card.

MarkM
06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Brak
ok, my 3d card is screwed up. its a geforce 3 i think, 64MB. and whenever i restart my computer it goes all funky colors on me, and then i have to go to the menu for the card and "restore defaults" in the color settings. also whenever im running something AT ALL, in a bit of time it will have an error in either <unknown> or kernell32.dll (im pretty sure thats it. this is totally pissing me off. help! i already reinstalled new drivers

Kernell32.dll is a corrupted or missing windows driver, reinstall windows over the top of your current install. If that don't crack it then you are looking at a fresh install including a reformat :( I would throw a guess that you are using Win 98 or at a pinch ME...get XP. You could still have a problem after all of the hoops you will have to jump through, as your monitor could be FUBAR and/or the graphics card but until you try the above you won't know about the last parts.