PDA

View Full Version : classic timmy help!

Brak
06-17-2003, 05:18 PM
if this should be moved to the technical section, please do.

i have some questions about the classic timmy i just got from wyn (dude, this is awesome, thank you!), its nothing serious (i hope not) and i just need to find out some stuff. so here we go:

-should i be using the select fire or SOB? which is better?
-the whole reg housing is wiggling around a bit, the whole chrome thing is just wiggling about on the gun
-i can get into menus, but i cant change anything. whenever i go to change the DWELL, DISP, or anything, i can cycle through the selections and leave it there and exit the menu, but then when i go back to the menu its where it was before. how do i change the settings and keep them there?
-where do i get an allen key small enough to remove the grip panels? im using a metric now but its a bit to small and i dont want to strip the bolt
-id also want to know where my DWELL and all those other settings are

i would be posting this on PBN, but its down for matinence, so i thought that maybe cryer or someone could help me

Thordic
06-17-2003, 06:00 PM
http://www.cei.net/~defiance/intimidator_faq.html

SOB is generally considered a superior board.

The reg housing isnt attached in a way to make it very solid. Don't worry, it'll wiggle a tad. If it has a large range of motion, though, then something is probably wrong. Check it out, or get it checked out.

When you go back into the menu it resets to the default. Change the option, exit that menu, and go to the next one. Going back into that menu will reset it. Some things can also be changed using the dipswitches on the board, explained in the link above.

The allen key is in a standard set, metric allen keys are mostly useless in paintball. Pick up a standard set.

That site should give you reccomended dwell settings and such. I don't know the optimal settings for an SOB board so read the FAQ and it should clear up.

Hope that helps.

SlipknotX556
06-17-2003, 07:18 PM
-should i be using the select fire or SOB? which is better? SOB Is bettter

-the whole reg housing is wiggling around a bit, the whole chrome thing is just wiggling about on the gun.
Take off the grip frame, be careful, take a 3/16 socket and remove the barb, tighten the screw that holds the reg housing to the gun, its right above the barb.

-i can get into menus, but i cant change anything. whenever i go to change the DWELL, DISP, or anything, i can cycle through the selections and leave it there and exit the menu, but then when i go back to the menu its where it was before. how do i change the settings and keep them there?
Dont really change anything on their, I bet Wyn had them set already.

-where do i get an allen key small enough to remove the grip panels? im using a metric now but its a bit to small and i dont want to strip the bolt.
Wal-mart get an allen key set, its like 75 cents I believe.

-id also want to know where my DWELL and all those other settings are.
Leave the settings alone, until you play with the gun. If the gun performes fine, leave them as they are.

JT2002
06-17-2003, 09:07 PM
sob? well, then again, nothing beats a WAS board.

also, before you take off the barb, just take of the hose and see if u can fit your allen key in there. thats what works for me so i dont need to take off the barb. sometimes the barbs can be finiky and not want to seal after u take them off. just try to leave it on and screw the thing in. also, when u take the hosed off, try not to lose track of which hose goes where