PDA

View Full Version : Help: Major Problem with lvl 7

Infratracide
06-17-2003, 05:24 PM
i recently got a used minimag off of ebay. First of all it has a stock level 7 air valve, except for the on/off valve (which im pretty sure is the problem)

The problem is this: When i pull the trigger, it is stiff, but the gun does not shoot. There are no leaks. I am 100% positive that there is enough pressure in the air-source (ive tried 2)

I assume i incorrectly reassembled the air-valve. I didnt get the instructional vid with the package and whats worse is that the on/off assembly is like nothing ive seen b4, it is either really old or it is aftermarket.
The on/off bottom has 4 holes cross-drilled horizontally in it (i accually dont even know which way is up) The on/off top i cant even remove. I dont know how but i know the assembly doesnt come out in one piece.

Yeah its bad and yeah this is my first experiance with a mag =(

I dont know if this is enough info to go on, but basically i need to know how to reassemble the on/off valve (diagram maybe?) and make this problem stop.

bluefan101
06-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Exploded view of the valve. (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=153&CATID=6) I have an old level 7 valve myself with the old on/off. The new ones, you can put in either way, but the old ones go grooved edges toward the top, flat side down. When you look in the on/off you should have two o-rings inside. A large beige colored one and a small white teflon. The small white one should be inside of the larger one. your assembly then pressed down on top of that. On/off, then the top and pin. The notched part of the pin should be at the top.

Infratracide
06-17-2003, 07:02 PM
hah looks like the guy that i bought this from out in an HSI reactor valve. I didnt know what i was looking at untill i found this pic.
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1744_24573901

that metal piece with the 4 holes in it is the on/off bottom, the other metal disk is the on/off bottom i guess.

What im trying to figure out is which way the bottom goes in. And more importantly is if i simply lost the top when i took it out, or if it is stuck in there (i really cant tell)

I do know that there appears to be a disk at the bottom (where the on/off top should be) with a hole in the center.

God this is such a pain in the ***. Any one with the HSI reactor valve want to take it apart and see? maybe take a pic? thanks

heres an article on the thing http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/Reactor/Reactor.html

Infratracide
06-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Just though i should clear this up before somone wastes their time trying to figure this out. I was scratching my head just as much as you all were.

I was just missing a part, the on/off bottom (the larger one is accually the top)

So its off to the store to buy a good reliable AGD valve that i can acctually understand and depend on.

Nobody077
06-18-2003, 10:04 PM
I have used the Reactor valve in my mag without problems for 8 years now, it was better than the stock on off back in the day but the newer design AGD on/off is a little better. If you need to know the proper way to install the Reactor untill you get your new On/off here you go

AkumA
06-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Nobody077
I have used the Reactor valve in my mag without problems for 8 years now, it was better than the stock on off back in the day but the newer design AGD on/off is a little better. If you need to know the proper way to install the Reactor untill you get your new On/off here you go

i belive i have an old AIR valve (since it had a autoresponce and a copper spring spacer). would you recomend that i get a reactor valve? what does it change?

Nobody077
06-19-2003, 11:32 PM
I would just recomend getting the new style on/off from AGD. It is much better than the old stock one that I replaced with the Reactor, the new AGD design though is the best on/off avalibe, and cheaper than a Reactor valve.