PDA

View Full Version : Have a new omega body rail but can't the pin out of old rail..HELP

Squirrel Bate
06-17-2003, 05:37 PM
I have a new omega body rail. Do I need to get a new pin (not sure what it's called)where the barrel locks into the rail, because I can't get the old one out of the rail. I tried tapping on it with a hammer but I was not sure how hard, I don't want to break it. Need help.

davidnj
06-17-2003, 07:03 PM
When I took mine out it took a pretty good hit with a hammer and a punch to get it out.

I put a towel around my old rail and put it in a vice and gave the twist lock assembly a good hit. It came out with no damage to the pin or the rail.

If you don't feel comfortable hitting it hard enough to pop it out, a new one isn't too much, $8. Here (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=206&CATID=6) is a link to it

IcantBelieveit
06-17-2003, 07:24 PM
if you have a vise. take a socket bigger that the twist lock on the ttop of the rail and a socket the same size or smaller then the tiwst lock on the bottom and the squeeze it out, and then do the reverse to squeeze it in

jinxst
06-17-2003, 11:11 PM
I think perhaps you should not even bother and just sell the rail to me. :)

Actually i just held one end of the rail and gave it a good whack against a wood workbench, popped right up.
good luck

Can somebody please sell me a chrome or black omega rail.

Squirrel Bate
06-18-2003, 04:15 AM
I put a little muscle into it and popped it out with a hammer on my vise, thanks.